Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

Cellophane Gunner and Diamond Revenge have been together for a few days, travelling together and helping one another even though they still don't trust each other.

There is something about the girl that makes Cellophane slightly on edge when around her. She doesn't seem the person that she makes out, to him, and he can't help but think that she's not telling the truth to him. He knew that she wouldn't tell the whole truth to him, but now he thinks that everything that she tells him has a lie in it.

Diamond Revenge doesn't trust the boy because he seems to know a bit too much for her liking. He wasn't a Fabulous Killjoy, she knows that, but it is almost like he was one with how much he knows. It isn't something that settles her like it might do to another.

They stop at an empty building that makes her frown about but Cellophane darts into it and comes out shortly after with a small box in his hand. "What's that?" she asks, eyes on the box like it might suddenly detonate or something.

"Nothing to do with you," he replies swiftly.

"I know you don't trust me, but you have to start if we want to find the Fabulous Killjoys," the girl stresses, even though she has no intention to trust him but she doesn't think he needs to know about that.

"You don't trust me so why should I trust you?" Diamond Revenge stays quiet after he says that. "Besides, it really is nothing to do with you. Anyway, you never really explained why you want to find the Fabulous Killjoys for."

She narrows her eyes at him for a moment, wondering just why they were still like they were. They should continue to walk because standing still isn't something that is a smart move in the desert. "I was told by some Dracs that--" she only got that far because as soon as she says the word 'Dracs', Cellophane pulls out his ray gun and aims it at her.

"Why are you still alive?" he asks, finger on the trigger because he just knows that if a Killjoy comes into contact with a Drac then they'll be ghosted or get taken to Battery City. Sure, he knows that the Fabulous Killjoys encounter Dracs all the time, but there are four of them and they know how to handle themselves. Plus, they wouldn't be ghosted because Battery City need them for a reason.

Cellophane Gunner knows what the reason is but many do not.

"Where do you get off asking so many questions? I encountered some Dracs and I'm alive. Big deal," she spits and crosses her arms. Being with this guy isn't something that she enjoys.

"It is a big deal because you should be dead," he hisses, "Dracs don't just leave Killjoys alive, not unless they want something. Did they give you something?"

Diamond Revenge hesitates. They gave her a bracelet. The one that Electric Revenge has. They found it in a zone and gave it to her. Cellophane senses her hesitant, puts his ray gun in his other hand and grabs her arm. "Give me what they gave you."

Something told her to listen to him, just this once, so she hands over the bracelet but automatically regrets it when Cellophane places it on the floor and blasts it with his ray gun.

"What did you do that for? That wasn't even yours!" she yells, eyes wide over the fact that she just watched him destroy her sister's bracelet.

"They were tracking us with it, dammit! You took it and they found the diner. That must be why they're gone. Why didn't I realise this before? How could you be so stupid as to take something from a Drac?" he rants at her and begins to pull her along. "We have to get going. Now!"

Of course, neither pay attention to anything around them so when a ray blast passes close by Cellophane's face, he gets a fright.

However, when he feels the girl behind him suddenly gain a huge weight, he knows he is in danger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Couldn't be bothered to update at three today. Instead at six pm. Ugh, school tomorrow.