Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

She gasps for breath as she continues to walk across the baking hot desert sand. Her journey had started a little over three days ago and she has hope that she would make it to her destination within the next few hours. Her thoughts were reeling about how if she didn't get out of the direct sun soon then she would dehydrate.

The boots that were on her feet were wearing thin on the bottom which wasn't something that was good for her. Getting things such as new boots was something that was scarce in the desert. Things like that didn't just grow on trees or get delivered to them with a friendly message from Battery City.

The directions that she had got from the last person she had encountered were still ringing in her mind, making sure that she remembered that she had to find a barely there path before she would be close to coming across the Fabulous Killjoy's place. That's who she was after.

There was word across the zones that they provide help to Killjoys that need it but only if they come across one who needs it. She didn't listen and instead chose to try and seek them out to help her.

Sweat rolls down the back of her neck and she swears that she has blisters forming on her fingers. A noise startles her but before she can grab her handmade ray gun (poorly done and wouldn't be able to damage a sock let alone a person) there is the barrel of a gun pointing to the back of her head. A man with red hair stands in front of her and she struggles to think of who could be behind her.

"Lost are we?" the man asks, his tone cold. She shakes her head and goes to open her mouth to speak but he shushes her. "Let me guess, you're here looking for the Fabulous Killjoys, right?" She nods her head because she realises that he's not interested in hearing her speak. Leaning closer to her, the man smirks and says, "You've found them."

Before she could react to what she was told the trigger of the gun that was pointed to her head was pulled and her body slumps to the ground, a faint thin cloud of smoke rising from the hole in her head where the ray had just been shot through. A man with blonde hair lowers his gun and stares at the body that lays at his feet. He just gives a sigh and walks past her.

There was no hint of regret or remorse on either of the men's faces as they walk away from the body. The girl was ghosted because she was too close to their base and that just wasn't something they could let slide.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think this will be a very long story and none of the chapters will be extremely long either. I'd also like to let you know that the girl in this chapter is called Electric Revenge and the only reason I had to name her was because she is talked about later on and you'll need to know her name in order to not get lost.