Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

"Revenge!" the girl screams out. Her eyes are wide and she looks like she will pass out any minute. "Electric Revenge!" Her voice carries a distance and the people around her curl their lips in disgust. They could just tell that she isn't a Killjoy. She's too clumsy, too loud as well. Who in their right mind would go around screaming a name in the desert much like she is? Almost no one unless they want to draw a Drac out or trick someone.

It is clear that the girl suffers from desert fever. The shade her face is and the way she reacts to the sunlight at five minute intervals is a clear indicator to it. Still, no one helps her. They all head their own way, whether it is to find someone they're looking for or to get supplies so that they could survive in the desert. No one pays attention to the girl.

Her head spins and she feels like she is going to be sick but she doesn't stop. She needs to find her sister. Didn't she just leave to go get something? So why wasn't she back already? "Electric Revenge!" she calls and spins round in a circle, eyes searching every place they could see.

She stumbles over her own foot and collapses to the floor. There is no attempt to haul herself up, instead she opts to stay on the floor. Her chest heaves heavily and she is close to dehydration. She couldn't remember the last time she had water. It can't have been too long ago otherwise she wouldn't have made it to where she is right now, but it must have been some while ago.

Coughing, she tries to retrieve something from her bag but her hand doesn't have a lot of energy and she fails to even open her bag, let alone take something from inside of it. She's too out of it to realise that something is wrong and that she's on the verge of dying. If she dies then what she was told before would be coming true. But, she thinks to herself, what was she told before exactly? She can barely remember because her head feels like its under attack by nails, each hammering into her head in a certain pattern.

She remembers there being a guy. Cellophane Gunner. Who was he? She can't remember. Her eyes squeeze shut and she tries to roll herself onto her front so the sun doesn't attack her face too much but she doesn't have the strength. What did the guy say to her before she left him? Something to do with Killjoys. Something about the Fabulous Killjoys. Something about... well, something.

The girl is barely aware of anything so when the people around her start disappearing and eventually leave her completely alone, she doesn't realise it. At least if she has company - even if the person would never help her - she would feel somewhat safe.

"Electric Revenge," she mutters out quietly. Her eyes start to shut themselves and she doesn't even fight to keep them open. A dark shadow hovers over her and she doesn't even bat an eyelid about it. She never knew just how hard surviving in the desert could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess this could be seen as a rather pointless chapter that shouldn't have been posted. But then I see the government as pointless pricks and that doesn't stop them still being around.