Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

"Please, I just need to find my sister," she cries out but everyone around her ignores her pleads. At least, she thinks there are people around her but really there aren't. He watches her from the doorway as she talks to the air around her. He knows it's a severe case of desert fever, one that might not go away.

She coughs and gets a few red spots fall on her hand but she doesn't take notice of it. All she keeps on doing is looking around the room, seeing people rather than the bare walls. "Can anyone help me find my sister? She's... she's..." The girl stops and her eyes go wide. She can't even remember her sister's name.

"Electric Revenge." Her head whips around and she sees the person standing in the doorway. Only then does her eyes stop playing tricks and she realises she's in a room, not the desert. And she's on a bed, not on the floor.

"W-what?" she asks quietly.

"Your sister's name is Electric Revenge," the boys tells her. She doesn't know whether to believe him or not. "She's dead, Diamond." Her eyes go wide and she backs away on the bed, her back resting against the wall.

She doesn't remember him, but then he never thought she would after seeing how severe the desert fever was when he found her. "How do you know my name?" she asks and he sighs. He doesn't have time for this, he knows that much, but what can he do if she doesn't remember him? It's not likely she'll just go with him.

"My name is Cellophane Gunner. You know me, Diamond." She doesn't remember a Cellophane Gunner. He almost regrets picking her up from the desert. He risked his life for a stupid mistake she made. He nearly died because of her and all she can do is back into a bed and not remember him. Nice gratitude.

"I don't know you. I don't know who you are. Who's Diamond? Where am I? Why are you here? Why do I have a sister?" she asks all these questions even though she just asked him how he knew her name. In a way, these questions told him that she was too far gone with the desert fever for him to even attempt to help her. He wasn't a medic and there was no way he'd be able to reach the Fabulous Killjoys with someone like this by his side. They'd be dead before they took five steps.

He sighs and rubs his temples. There was someone he knew he could take her to. After all that time of watching the Fabulous Killjoys he knew of one person who they could go to if there was someone too ill for them.

All he could hope is that this Dr. Death Defying bloke that he's heard about can help.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while.