Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

Show Pony has a feeling in his bones. It tingles at times and then stops for a while. So he goes on with his day, forgetting about the tingle until it happens again. He doesn't know what it is, but he feels like it's important.

He often sees Dr. Death Defying looking at him in a funny way, and it gets him thinking just what he could be looking at him in that way for. It often confuses him but it's not like he'll just go up to Dr. Death and ask him. Oh no, he could never do something like that. And certainly, things like that don't happen in the zones a lot. After all, if you go up to someone and ask a question outright, and you're just another zone hopper, then chances are you'll be ignored or be attacked.

Some don't understand the attacks while others do, and the reason is down to Battery City. No surprise there. You see, Battery City is advanced, and when people say advanced they mean advanced. It means that they can create replicas of people, only if they have the person they want the replica of, of course. It wouldn't work any other way, but they're working on it. Maybe it'll take them years to crack it, and maybe it'll take them just one year. Either way there are plans to bring them down, and the plans have no set date; they just have to be done before it's too late.

And Show Pony often thinks about how it could be too late. He doesn't know as much as others do, and that's okay with him because, well, he doesn't know that important things are kept from him. After all Dr. Death is the only person he sees except for the Fabulous Killjoys at times. He doesn't count the Dracs that sometimes crash into him and Dr. Death.

Back to the feeling he feels. He has it in his bones now. It makes him wonder, but he doesn't wonder for long because less then five minutes later there's someone crashing through the door with a girl over their shoulder, asking for Dr. Death. He looks determined and Show Pony recognises it as an expression he's seen.

As Dr. Death Defying comes in to see what the boy wants, Show Pony realises that he's seen that expression on Party Poison many times before. And it makes him start to wonder because he has a feeling that whatever the feeling in his bones means, it's something to do with this boy.

He doesn't know what just yet, but something inside him tells him that it's important. Just how important, he doesn't know. And after a while of watching the boy with Dr. Death, he realises that maybe it's not anything to do with the boy and maybe, just maybe, it's something to do with the girl.

A part of him rationalises that maybe it's not even to do with any of those two, but maybe he just wants it to be. Show Pony just doesn't know what to think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, a month. I don't even know. But hey, Matt Pelissier follows me on Twitter. He's pretty cool.