Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

She blinks and looks around the diner. Nothing's there. It had been empty for some time now. It was hard to work out just how many days had passed when there's no real sense of time in the desert.

But she was there to get a feel of it. To see just where the Fabulous Killjoys lived before the unfortunate event with Jet Star. It was just so terrible, and just thinking about it emphasised how terrible it was. Just, she wasn't like them. She didn't feel how terrible it was nor does she feel how great it was. After all one Killjoy was exterminated so it was a plus for Better Livings, right?

Her hand sweeps over the pictures that hang on the walls and her eyes focus on them. None held any personal pictures. She had looked throughout the whole place and found nothing to tell her of how they lived or what they kept valuable. Of course she had the notes that she was told before she came out here, but they were the notes that Battery City had on them. The ones from before anything happened which resulted in Better Livings emerging from underground.

Most people didn't know just how long Better Livings had existed for, and in a way they kept it to themselves for a reason. A reason that she didn't know about but wouldn't have to think too hard to find out. And, in a way, if some of the Battery City civilians found out that Better Livings had been around far longer than Party Poison had been alive, then they would quite possibly start doubting their abilities. After all how could someone who is younger than the company itself be the leader of a huge group of rebels without having to keep reaffirming his status? In Battery City, the head man had to keep reaffirming his authority over the civilians - something that wasn't too hard considering they were on their medication, for the best part - and among the people who work for him. Some people just feel the need to try and beat him, and that just doesn't not set with him.

She goes into the backroom and stares at the body. This was the girl's punishment. She had stopped taking her medication and instead of keeping it to herself, she tried to get many people off of it as well. Of course this got back to the ones in charge and she was arrested for false accusations and threatening to create a riot. Her punishment was less severe at first, something that most people would have for punishment if they were in her position. But then Misery Gasoline had been captured. She had been tortured and then she was killed, but not before almost everything had been extracted from her.

And this girl... well she was the altercation of her. Her punishment was of that, and boy did the process hurt her a lot. But it was also why she didn't always talk in the proper Battery City terms that she should have done, despite being altered to be Misery Gasoline.

It showed that Better Livings were advancing, and the Fabulous Killjoys knew that, but they were also advancing, too. Just, they didn't know about her. They didn't know she was in their previous diner, looking over the conditions they lived in. And they also didn't know that she would be the reason that three becomes two.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know what happened, but fuck am I glad that I leave school next Friday. Fuckin' shit hole, it is. But ugh, might be back for sixth form. Not happy.