Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

Battery City helps out as many people as they can but some refuse to accept their help with claims that they're evil. Now these claims may be true but they could quite possible be lies that are planted in peoples' minds. But who would do such a thing?

Well the answer is the Fabulous Killjoys. Of course not them directly but they have a pirate radio station that is run by a fella called Dr. Death Defying. Unbeknown to the Fabulous Killjoys, our friend Dr. Death used to be closely acquainted with Better Livings. In fact he actually helped promote the Better Livings way to many people back after the fires had been. Of course that was years ago but it isn't something that is forgotten easily by either side.

A spunky fella who calls himself Show Pony accompanies Dr. Death. He's an interesting one but shall remain behind the curtains for a while, at least. The Fabulous Killjoys are weary about him even though he's trusted by Dr. Death.

Now lets take you to the desert. Zone Nine to be exact. One of the six zones that isn't suitable for people to live in and yet, people still wander across it with high hopes that they'll be found. They do all get found though - some freshly dead, others half rotted away and some that have just passed out from exhaustion but thought to be dead which in turn, makes them die because no one helps them.

Do remember these times because help isn't something that happens often.

There's a figure trudging in the heat. Bandanna is wrapped around its forehead rather than its mouth and there's a constant streak of sweat trailing down the side of its face. The fact that the figure was wearing jeans in this heat was one reason she was close to the brink of passing out from overheating. To be fair to her, covering the body in the desert is the best thing that anyone can do.

She's not from Battery City and yet she's new to the zones which means that she's one of the tricky ones. Never can be too sure with them.

Her knees give out and she falls to the ground completely exhausted. Her water bottle is empty though there's much doubt it was even full to begin with. She can feel herself going to die. It's in her bones that she's just going to die of dehydration and wallow away in this forsaken desert like many others have.

The one thing she didn't count on was the legend of the Fabulous Killjoys to be actually true. A car approaching isn't something that she believes she is seeing. She finds herself convincing her mind that it was a mirage. She is out like a light when they finally reach her and find she is still alive and, like what they're known to do, they pick her up and place her in the car before leaving the zone.

And here, people, is where this story actually begins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Twitter shouldn't exist for the simple fact I get distracted. Though it did help spawn this so it's good, in a way. Also when people don't get where 'FWEND' is from I begin to worry that they're bus wankers.
Anyho, here's the Fabulous Killjoys in action. Good? Bad? Can't decide? You will soon.