Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

Show Pony looks at Cellophane Gunner almost like he recognises him. Something about the boy seems familiar but he doesn't quite know what it is. Dr. Death Defying, however, does know what it is and he isn't happy about it.

He helps the boy with the girl he brought in for help, mostly because he is there to offer help to certain people in the zones and he sees this boy as one of those people. They're still there when the Fabulous Killjoys turn up, and that's what makes Show Pony's protection begin to crack.

"Death," Party Poison acknowledges when he enters the shack, although he stops when he notices the unconscious girl, the boy and Show Pony. The two other Killjoys follow behind him.

Dr. Death leaves the damp rag on the girl's forehead and gestures Party Poison into his radio room for a talk. This leaves Kobra Kid and Fun Ghoul with the other three. It's Cellophane who breaks the silence first.

"Misery Gasoline was copied."

Fun Ghoul glances at him and his fingers twitch near to his gun. "We know."

"She knew something, you know."

"We know."

"It's something about you guys."

This gains Kobra Kid's attraction because that's something that they don't know, at least he doesn't. They assume that Party Poison does because he's the leader, he should know these things. It wouldn't be acceptable for him not to know these things.

"What is it?" Kobra Kid asks.

Cellophane falters, not knowing what to do. They don't know what he knows? How could they not know about it, after all they are the Fabulous Killjoys? They're supposed to know everything about what happens in the zones. They practically run them as it is.

A thought runs through his mind that he shouldn't tell them because maybe there's a reason they don't know what it is. Maybe, just maybe, it's better for them not to know about it. But they deserve to know, he reasons, because he shouldn't keep anything from them because they're the ones who he looks up to. He has to let them know about important things to help them with their work.

However, before anyone can say something, the door to Dr. Death's radio room opens and Party Poison appears in the doorway. But he doesn't make it into the next room because a ray's shot at him and hits him square on the chest, making him collapse onto the floor, motionless.

And it's then that everything becomes unravelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is he dead or is he not? You do not know.