Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

Show Pony shows his disbelief and his hand drops, fingers allowing the ray gun he holds to clatter to the floor in an eruption of noise. He himself knows nothing of him being from the future so how could this bloke who accepted him as responsibility know? It seems unfathomable to him, and likewise to the others.

"You must have desert fever!" Fun Ghoul exclaims, lowering his own gun as well as he looks at Dr. Death with critical eyes.

"Nonsense," he chides. "Desert fever only comes if one has been in the desert for a prolonged time with no cover. I haven't been exposed as such since I first came to the zones - and even then I had the sense to stay undercover!"

Cellophane Gunner trains his eyes on Show Pony, trying to see whether there's any resemblance between the two but fails to pick any feature that he perceives to be the same. "How can you be from the future?"

Show Pony has no words to reply, nothing to try and argue his case. He doesn't know what to think or even whether he should believe Dr. Death. Sure, he feels that the words were currently saving his life, but what after? He didn't know, but rather he figures that he shouldn't live that much longer once the conversation ends. How could he? After all, he did just shoot Party Poison, but that was for a reason he doesn't quite understand himself. And the reason was to deter someone from coming after him and wrecking havoc on everyone around him. But how could he know that? He did not know.

Dr. Death, however, did know that. He knows some parts of the future, but not too much for it to be of any matter. He knows that the Fabulous Killjoys were extinct, and that Better Livings had gone under by the reign of another organisation, but he didn't know much of the fate of himself or certain others that he has encountered in the zones. One thing he didn't know, though, was that Show Pony was one who shoots Party Poison in the present day. That was nothing that he could have picked up from the future so how did it happen?

While those were mauling over the words that were spoken, Kobra Kid was still fussing over Party Poison. And seeing a chance arise, he draws his gun from his belt. A shot rings through the room and Show Pony totters over on the floor, shock and pain on his face before his eyes close for the last time and he remains dead on the floor. However, a mere second after the shot sounds, Cellophane is on the floor next to him, furiously trying to seek out where the wound is and whether he is capable to cover it to stop the bleeding. It feels like he is betraying Party Poison with helping the one who shot him, but he can't just allow him to bleed out with no attempt to keep him alive. Especially if what Dr. Death said was true, even though he has doubts about it because he didn't believe that someone could be from the future.

"He's dead," Cellophane announces after a moment, his hands grasping the air.

Dr. Death sighs. "I knew that someone of the future could not live long after meeting its person of the past."

And just when they think everything's going to calm down, Dr. Death's signal in his radio room erupts and they know that the future looks completely dark right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Possibly ending in a chapter or two.