Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

He doesn't know why he is here.

There is something inside of him that knows he shouldn't be here because he really doesn't want to but for some reason he stays around. He stays with the people he knows even though he doesn't like what they do.

He knows them well enough because he was friends with them long before the fires happened all those years ago. Some say that was a tragedy and some say it was a blessing.

Some just don't ever give an opinion. And sometimes an opinion can get a ray gun put to the person's head.

With a shake of his head, the man stands from his seat and looks around. He is alone right now and he knows he will be for the next few hours. He is due to be on watch for that time which is why he didn't travel with them this time.

They take turns with who stays and who goes. He thinks it is unfair but he doesn't want to be here so he never complains. He never tells anyone either. It is his secret that only the desert knows.

He pays no real attention to his surrounds and just stares at the desert floor and thinks to himself. How did he let this all become a mess? It should have never become like this and yet, it did. It is all his fault though.

Something flies past him and his head snaps around. His eyes go wide as he takes in the sight in front of him and his fingers twitch for his ray gun. Something flies past him again, closers than the first but not close enough. His fingers curls around his gun.

It goes so fast that many couldn't see. He raises his hand and shoots at them, his ray hits a few but one hits him and bam he falls.
♠ ♠ ♠
I seem to have the habit of updating at two am every day. I have to write these chapters in a half delirious state.