Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

She doesn't know whether she should trust them or not. They are from Battery City and yet they just want to talk to her. It isn't like anything that anyone had thought to tell her.

A doubt places itself in her mind over whether the word of the Fabulous Killjoys - around the desert zones, that is - is true or not. According to these it isn't.

"Why would I listen to you?" she asks, eyes narrow and they bore into the two figures, "You're Dracs. You're against us and we're against you."

One of the figures raises its arm and the girl's ray gun follows it as it goes up to his mask and pulls it up and off his head. The other figure looks for a moment or so and copies him. The girl doesn't know what to think.

"We're only against you if we need to be as are you at times. Tell us, why do all you in the zones hate Battery City that much? Correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of you have never been in it," the second figure spoke.

The girl doesn't know what to think. Is it really all a lie that they get fed out here? "I guess," she says, "but that still doesn't mean anything. You're Dracs. I should have blasted you when I first saw you."

The first figure spoke, "You seek someone, correct?"

The girl falters. She knows that Better Livings know a lot of what goes on in the zones because of the zone surveillance but how would they know she is looking for her sister? Unless they know something about it.

"What if I were, huh? What if that was a ploy and I just wanted to ghost you?" She stands her ground and doesn't back down. They weren't expecting her to nor did they want her to.

"Electric Revenge. Ghosted by Kobra Kid of the Fabulous Killjoys on the command of Party Poison, the leader of the group," the first figure told her and she didn't know whether to believe him or not.

Her sister couldn't be dead. That is impossible. They are going to make it to the Barren Path. It leads to the underground society of Killjoys that no longer want to live in the desert and didn't want to go to Battery City. But she's dead now...

"W-Why should I believe you?" she asks and gives no indication that she believes them.

"You don't know where she is, correct? How many days has it been since you last saw her? And who exactly was she looking for when she wandered off?"

All the questions made her realise that the Dracs - the ones from Battery fucking City, the place that is meant to be the bad place - are telling her the truth and she was in false hope that her sister is alive.

She doesn't look back as she storms away from them. It's okay for them though because they know she believes them.

And really, that is what they want.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dracs don't remove their masks for any reason. It is why the girl isn't sure. It isn't normal for them and it makes her think about everything she has been told.
They seem pretty nice in this chapter, right?