Sequel: The Simple Love Story
Status: Finished. <3

Absolutely Hate You

Live it Up?

Image

We sat there in silence. I was in his car now. We were driving to the bonfire. It's very awkward. He turned on the radio and started whistling. I sighed and just looked out the window, it was almost dark too. After a few more minutes of awkward silence I felt something touch my hand. I looked at my hand, the one closest to his. His hand was in skin contact with me. I looked up to see him grinning. I wanted to pull away but I didn't. I left it there and looked out the window again. I guess you can say it was nice now. His warm touch tingled me a bit. I mean how can it not. He's been really... Nice and kind. Is this his act? My head and body went hard, an act. It would make sense but his confession told me otherwise. Why can't I just get the fact out that he just might really liked me.

"We're here!" He said. I opened the car door and walked out. We walked towards the beach to go find the tent.

"Hey! Mac! Over here." One of his track friends waved over to us. We walked to them, it was a small crowd surprisingly. I looked around to see Lexi and Daniel smiling and talking. Lexi saw me and waved for me to come over. I smiled and shook my head, they deserved some time together. She gave me a nervous look but I just gave her thumbs up. I went to look for Mac, he was socializing around. Girls went up to him and he hugged them and they whispered to him in his ears. He smiled and laughed with them too. I felt a kind of pain that was anger tug at my heart.

"Hey. Name's Tanner." This guy said to me his hand held out. He had beach blond brownish hair. A tall nose, he was tan. He probably was Asian and American.

"Hi." I said quietly, he was too good looking.

"So nice party, huh?" he asked grinning. I frowned, I could not feel anymore uncomfortable than right now.

"Sure." I said nodding. I peered over to Mac. He was leaning on one of the tables. He had a soda cup in his hand and was just staring at me out of everything. He looked a bit... Suspicious. I looked to Tanner. I smirked.

"Hey, let's go to the fire." I said, Tanner grinned and followed.

Everyone was around the fire now. Some guy put on All Time Low on, The song was Stay Awake! I freaked out when I heard it on. I can't control myself when listening to All Time Low. I stood up and started moving. Lexi came out of nowhere and she danced with me. Eventually everyone danced along… we walked around the fire and sang and hummed. Some even shouted.

"Caught in a cold sweat, Stuck splitting hairs, I'm drinking too much I'm on my way to striking out" Alex sang... Lexi and I moved and danced.

This fed our souls. I was loosening up.

"Go to sleep with the pressure of everyone. Watching and waiting they're yours for the taking. But I still have my doubts." I was spinning out of control. I didn't notice until Tanner had his arms at my waist and Lexi was gone.

"Get off me!" I said angrily and pushed him away.

"No." Tanner said strongly as I struggled. Mac came out of nowhere and pushed Tanner. I was breathing hard. Tanner just stood there obviously defeated, he left.

"Before you ask which way to go, remember where you've been" the song went on….

"Stay awake, Get a grip and get out your safe.... From the weight of the world just take, a second to set things straight. I'll be fine, even though I'm not always right, I can count on the sun to shine….

Dedication takes a lifetime...

But dreams only last for a night"

The song went on. I looked into his eyes.

I think it was a special moment. He was holding me by my waist as if protecting me. He held me close. He asked for my permission with his eyes, I nodded and then he engulfed me in his arms.

Then everyone started singing in our group. Some dude grabbed his guitar that he brought and strummed the song higher and louder. We were all running around the fire, drinks in the air and singing and dancing to this amazing song.

"Figure it out, boy you're tripping so pull yourself together, or you'll wash up like the rest.

This ship is sinking….I'm thinking, I'm done for, I watch as the sails disappear under water cause I'm no captain yet… I said before you ask which way to go….Remember where you've been…"

Everyone was wild, either it was the beer or the sodas it didn't matter. They all went crazy. Some one brought paint and it was now splattered on people. I just stood there with Mac's arms around me enjoying the scene.

"Stay awake" Everyone roared… I could see other people in their campsites staring at us… crazed teenagers. I then went out from under Mac's arm and then grabbed his hand and pulled him into the craziness with me. We both ran around and went crazy along with all the people.

"Get a grip and get out your safe!" People punched their hands in the air.

"From the weight of the world just take…a second to set things straight.." We all looked at the person next to us when this line came up.

"I'll be fine!" We all screamed at each others face. Mac and I did it to each other, we were basically crazed.

"Even though I'm not always right!" We stomped our feet when Alex Gaskarth sang "right".

"I can count on the sun to shine, dedication takes a lifetime. But dreams only last for a night.."

We all howled and started running faster around the fire.

We all suddenly stopped everyone did.

Girls and guys grabbed each other!

Some with their friends, girls-girls, boys-boys.

We were just being teenagers, Mac grabbed me and pulled me close.

I smiled up at him.

He gave me his beautiful grin.

"Believe you me, I'll tell them everything...

I'd tell them anything...

To show them everything...

Believe you me...

I'll give them everything….

I'd tell them anything….

To show them everything…."

We looked at one another. Everyone was looking at everyone. Then we took each others hands. We held it together in a big circle around the fire.

"You ain't the only one's who wanna live it up!"

"You ain't the only one's!"

"You ain't the only one's who wanna live it up!"

"You ain't the only one's!"

"You ain't the only one's who wanna live it up!"

"You ain't the only one's!"

"You ain't the only one's who wanna live it up!"

"You ain't the only one's!"

"You ain't the only one's who wanna live it up!"

"You ain't the only one's!"

"You ain't the only one's who wanna live it up!"

"You ain't the only one's! " We stomped our feet at this part."

We moved our bodies in and out towards the fire and some of up fist pumped. We screamed this at the top of our lungs, I bet you houses nearby awoke. We just kept screaming and shouting this part.

We all stomped to the rhythm of the beat , it was so weird… we just all knew what to do… and how to do it together.

"Stay awake" We screamed!

"Get a grip and get out your safe

From the weight of the world just take

A second to set things straight

I'll be fine" Our hands punched into the air.

"Even though I'm not always right

I can count on the sun to shine

Dedication takes a lifetime

But dreams only last for a night…." We all finished… we heard a loud clap… we looked around… millions and millions of people stared at us in amazement.

Cameras were at us, people took their phones out. Car beamed their lights at us… the whole beach was looking at us. Policemen we there too, the looked cautious at our cups but this one dude held up a can of soda which reassured the policemen. We all laughed and hugged each other. How can this night be anymore fulfilling?

I was obviously sweating like a pig.

"That was amazing…" I squealed for the 50th time in the car. Mac laughed.

"Yea. That was… well you started it." He said.

"No, I didn't. Everyone did… it was… I never thought something like that could happen." I said.

"It must be a dream." I said.

"It's not. If it was, I would be nagging you about how I am in your amazing dream." He said.

I smiled. "I can't believe that happened though... so surreal." I said, still amazed.

"Same, best bonfire ever!" He said… then he mumbled something.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"I said, 'best bonfire ever!' " He said and grinned at me.

"What else mister.. I heard you mumble." I looked at him mischievously.

"I didn't say anything, ma'm.." He said with a snotty voice. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Please! Tell me what you said… or.. or.. I'll…. bite your arm." I said to him. We were parked at the street in front of his house. We sat in the car and I went on curiously wanting to know what he said.

"….No. I don't want to tell you." He said smiling at me, his white teeth shined in the night.

"Fine..." I said.. I put my hand on his arm.. I stroke it softly… he looked at me curiously.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I smiled at him.

"Nothing… I just… I feel so…" I said quietly and slowly... I kept caressing his arm. He looked freaked out, it seemed as if he forgot the comment on me biting his arm.

"Umm… um.. I.. I.." He stuttered. This was so cute, he looked so shocked and scared. I bit my lower lip.. then I kissed his arm. Okay, I know this is awkward and strange and well a bit scary… but his arm… it's hard. Like I can feel soft skin but man, Mac has muscles… And me? Well, I am just not me tonight…. I'm this whole different person, a kind of person who can freak out and… flirt? Well back to what I'm doing now... I then opened my mouth and bit his arm.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!! OOWWWWW!!! WOOOOOAHHHH!!!!" I heard him scream. I pulled away to laugh. I wiped my mouth because of the spit.

"You bit my arm!" He hollered in the quiet night in the car.

"Yea, I warned you too." I said nodding to what I did. He looked at me outrageously.

"Yea.. but I didn't know you would bite me! For REAL!" He said still looking at me shocked.

"Hmm, well now you know that I don't joke about biting." I said to him and exited the car.

He followed after me as I went to my house.

"Wait…" He said. I turned around to see him. The moon was shining upon him and the street lights shined elsewhere… in the streets was only me and him.. everyone was asleep.

"Yea...?" I questioned looking at him, his eyes.. his blue eyes still sparked in the night sky. What am I feeling right now?

"I want to tell you what I said.." He said, I smiled and walked to him.

"So… what did you mumble?" I asked. He looked down and was laughing a bit.

"Well, first… wipe your spit off my arm." He said showing me his spit covered arm. I smiled.

"Sorry…" I said and took my jacket and wiped it off. "So… Speak." I said to him trying to sound annoyed but I guess it sounded flirty instead.

"I said.. that it was the best bonfire ever… because you were there." He said.

Okay, I think I melted to the cold floor. What is he doing? Why the hell is he saying this? I just stood there shocked. He looked down at me because I'm short and he's too tall.

"I mean it. It was amazing because you were there.. with me." He said and grabbed my hand. I was still in shock. "One of the most happiest nights of my life... no joke." He said sincerely. He seemed a bit shy right now. I was still in the process of taking it in.

"I have to go." I said and pulled my hand away from him and ran to my house and inside. I closed it shut and did the same thing I did today in the afternoon.

With my eyes wide open I slid down the door… but this time.. I didn't feel nervous or happy or bubbly.

I felt confused and lost… why am I confusing myself?

Okay, I'm just keeping myself from maybe… liking Mac.

I am one damn awful bitch.