Sequel: The Simple Love Story
Status: Finished. <3

Absolutely Hate You

Frustration

Image

"No! It's supposed to be red!" I said angrily at Mac. We were doing a lab and Mr. Stupid here decides to put random things together because he was basically texting the whole time.

"I'm right, you're wrong." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yea, sure... Your ego is too ahead of you. If you don't do this right this whole place is going to explode!" I scolded.

"Be practical Die, this project isn't going to explode and I AM doing this right so shut it." He said. I was stunned, he told me to shut up. I glared at him, when he put the flask down I punched him.

"Ow! Why did you do that?" He asked smiling. I glared at him.. Why the fuck was he smiling?

"You told me to shut up!" I said.

"I said, SHUT IT... not shut up... and why are you offended by that?" He asked.

"It's hurtful." I said.

"Well, sorry for being a guy." He said not offended, he just really didn't care. I was not surprised. One moment he's flirting with me the next he's this. It's sick and tiring.

"Even if you're a guy... you should still not be hurtful to others." I said.

"I'm not gay. And whatever anyways, girls dig me because I'm a jerk and I'm not bad looking either." He stated while smiling. I shook my head in disgust.. his personality is dreadful.

"You're a cocky bastard... being a nice guy doesn't mean you're fuckin gay. Gosh, Mac... have some dignity for people." I said angry.... and then he just smiled.

"Why the hell are you smiling?" I asked angrily.

"Because, you look adorable." he said, I rolled my eyes... but inside I couldn't breathe.. I was trying to regulate my breathing keeping him from seeing that I was awestruck.

"Shut up." I responded and then looked away from him.

"Okay, so you are angry at me saying shut up to you but here you go telling me to shut up? That's not very nice, Die." He said with a smirk. I was stuck...

"Yea, well.... You started it." I said very immaturely. He just smiled.

"I forgive you because I am a very caring, nice, compassionate, and a very amazing person." he said. I scoffed.

"You wish." I said and smirked at my amazing comment.

"I know that you wish you can have me, and I totally agree... so let's ditch and go to that janitors closet down the hall." he said. I scoffed and my eyes went wide. I then stomped on his foot.

"Ow." He groaned. "OH my fu-"

"Mr. Kohner, Ms. Tailor... do we have a problem?" Mr. Kepper asked with his strong booming voice

"No, sir." I said smiling. He looked at me strangely then looked away. I sighed.

"Thanks for damaging my running feet, how is our school going to win now?" He asked. Did I mention Mac is varsity for school's track. Yes, he runs really fast.. I am jealous but I don't care much for running except for my calming daily jogs. I have quite of an anger problem sometime so the doctor suggested jogging for me so I can steam it off.

"No, I'm doing a huge favor for everyone on the team. You keep hogging their glory... do you know anything about sportsmanship?" I asked.

"Psh, as long as I win the gold... I have no need for that thing." he said.

I shook my head in disappointment.

"You know.. the more I speak to you the more disgusted I am." I said and then looked away from him. We stayed silent. When the class bell rang I left as quickly as possible to my next class.

"He's such a conceited jerk! He's ignorant of people's feelings." I vent to Daniel.

"Come on, he's a guy... you don't expect us to be compassionate like a girl." Daniel said. I sighed..

"I guess, but why are you so nice and he's not?" I asked.

"Because, I'm only like this with you... who says I'm not another guy away from you?" Daniel asked.

I shrugged, Daniel is right. Guys are meant to be asses. Or maybe I'm just too sensitive... especially by the things that come out of Mac's mouth. But anyways... they're are just guys... I felt disappointed by this.

"You look disappointed." Daniel said staring at me with his gentle brown eyes. I bit my lower lip, I smiled then.

"No..." I replied. "But thanks, Daniel. I needed that straightening out from someone." I said.

"Anyways why are you so hung up on him... you hate him." He said.

"I don't know... I just... he... frustrates me. And he's always in my mind.." I said the truth.. well some of it. Daniel looked at me. I don't know how to read him... he just looked strained. "What?" I asked him confused at his mixed signals.

"Nothing. Look, I have to go to some class and grab some work for more credits. I'll catch you later." He said without waiting for my response he left. I looked at him weirdly... I am very confused. Not just this... about everything.

"I wish I had a girl friend." I said to Kain. He laughed..

"I didn't know you dig girls." Kain joked. I rolled my eyes..

"No, I want a female friend." I said.

"Then get one, it's not hard. Hey why don't you hang out with Je-"

"No." I said cutting him off. He frowned.

"Come on, Die. Give her a chance." He convinced.

"No, don't you remember the last time I "hung" out with her?" I asked him incredulously.

"No, what?" He asked oblivious..

"Well, she locked me out of her house when you came." I said.

"Oh, yea.. it was really funny." He said without any sarcasm.

"You know? You're an awesome friend." I said sarcastically.

"Oh thank you." He said and I couldn't help but laugh. "But come on, give Jenny a second chance." He said.

"No thank you." I said then sighed... I felt really tired. I saw Jenny come with all her friends... who were girls. "I'm going to go now. Bye." I said. As I walked away I looked back, I was really jealous of Jenny. Why can't I be more like her? Why can't I have friends who were girls.. all my friends were mostly guys and there are only two. Jenny has it all. She's sporty but flirtatious. She has an amazing boyfriend and friends. She's social and nice... to anyone who wasn't me. I swallowed that lump in my throat. Today I feel like crap... I feel like crap. Just, great...

"Mom!" I said as I walked into the house.

"Hey, Anne." She said. My mom called me Anne, unlike other people who either call me Die, Enna, and sometimes Na... which I find strange.

"Mom, do you have any cocoa? I'm not feeling well." I said. My mom knew that when I wanted cocoa and I wasn't feeling well that meant emotional problems.

"Okay, I'll go make some." She said and entered the kitchen. I sat on the couch and rested. In this house, there was only my mom and I. My parents divorced and my brother decided to live with my dad because he wanted to stay near his friends. Me, I had no friends at my old school so I had nothing to lose when my mom decided to move here when I was ten. My brother, Matthew or Matt is younger than me by about... one year or so? We don't talk... he's embarrassed that I'm a loser. Isn't that just great? I don't blame him. The thing between Matt and I is that we don't connect, with hate or love. We're like strangers.... he doesn't visit because he's usually studying, hanging out with friends, or something.. he gives excuses to my mom constantly. My dad on the other hand is still obsessed with his job as a professor and a scientist. His neglect on my mom caused them to go separate ways. Matt likes the idea that dad was always gone or locked in his room... Matt is a sixteen year-old dude enjoying his life, in a house alone. My mom obviously doesn't care that much because she's been busy with me. Whenever I think about Matt I always ask, "Should I be worried?" but then by tomorrow it all disappeared... the thoughts walk out of the open door.

"So, here's your cocoa... Talk." She demanded.

"No, mom. I don't think this time it's something to talk about.. I'm tired." I said.

"Hmm, well you look a bit flushed. Let me go get the thermometer." She said and went looking at the cabinets. She came back with that stick thermometer.

"Ahhh." She said and I followed by opening my mouth as she stuck the cold metal under my tongue. When the thermometer beeped she took it out, he face went wide.

"A hundred degrees?! Ann! Why didn't you speak up earlier?" My mom said very worried.

"I didn't even know I was sick until now." I said groggily.

"Come on, let's get you to bed. You aren't going anywhere tomorrow." She said in her motherly mode. I groaned. I changed out of my clothes and put on pajamas. I laid in bed and passed out.