Status: Active (for now)

Trying to Have Fun, no Need for Love to Interrupt

Meeting the Family

It’s the summer before senior year. My parents are letting me choose who to live with. I could live in New Jersey with my father and evil stepmother in a nice beach house. Or I could live in California with my mom and her 7 little dwarfs in a nice beach house. Well since I have been living with my dad and evil stepmother I decided to live with my mom for my senior year. I always have wanted to be the new girl, so here is my chance. The only thing I would have to worry about was the 7 dwarfs.

I was standing in my new beach house in Venice California. My soon to be stepdad’s children standing in a line in front of me. There were four girls and three boys. The oldest was a girl and so was the youngest. They all were dressed ready to go to the beach. The boys had their swim trunks on with a t-shirt. The girls had their bathing suits under a tank top and a pair of jean shorts. Some looked annoyed to see me and others looked happy.

“This is Mia, she is your age,” Michael, my mom’s fiancé, put his hand on a girl with wavy brown hair, hazel eyes, a nice tan, and a frown on her face, “This is Matthew, he is 15 call him Matt please.” Matt was about Mia’s height. He had the same hair except short, and from his arm muscles it looks like he may have some abs.

“This is Tanya she’s 14,” Michael continued. Tanya looked a lot like Mia except her hair was straight and she had lighter eyes. “Now we have the twins Kevin and Hannah their 12.” They did look similar. Kevin had a bit longer hair than Matt and it was darker too. Hannah had lighter skin then the first two and she had cute freckles.

“And the babies of the family are Joey and Daisy. Joey is 9 and Daisy is 7.” Joey had a dirty blonde hair and it was short. Daisy had freckles too and her hair was brown and shoulder length. Daisy was the only one with blue eyes.

“And this is my beautiful daughter Skylar.” My mom said and I waved at them all. They all smiled back except for Mia and then left in a hurry, but before Mia could leave my mom grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

“Since you too are the same age I was thinking that maybe you could show Skylar to her room and then take her to the boardwalk and introduce her to some of your friends.” Mia smiled and nodded. Once my mom left her smile turned into a frown. She took me upstairs into my bedroom. It was huge like I expected. It had a balcony view of the ocean which made me happy and it was decorated amazingly. The room was just filled with earthy colors.

“Are you done admiring the place, so we can go and do something?” she asked in an obnoxious tone.

“Yeah, sure.” I took one last look at the amazing room and then left with Mia.

“Let me lay down some rules for you. Number one this is my family and you will never be a part of it. Number two you don’t hang out with any of my friends. Number three try to avoid me as much as possible.” We were walking down to the boardwalk which had everything you ever needed. Mia started to walk in a different direction and I was confused.

“Where are you going?” I yelled hoping she would hear me, but she didn’t. That’s when I realized I was on my own, Mia didn’t like me, and Mia was definitely grumpy out of the 7 dwarfs. I didn’t know what to do or where to go. People kept giving me strange looks and bumping into me. I noticed there was a bunch of graffiti and that’s probably because this is the one place it is legal.

I decided to do a little shopping because I got rid of a lot of clothes. I went into the first clothing store I saw it was called Simply Simple. I liked simple clothes, so I decided to look around. The clothes were cute and cheap. I ended up buying 3 shirts and a pair of jean shorts. Then I looked around a couple other stores and bought some more things, but not much more. I walked back home to drop off my backs and decided to go for a walk on the beach.

When I got to the beach the first thing I noticed was the shirtless guys playing volleyball. I have had a couple of boyfriends, but I rather stay single, so I can look at all the shirtless guys on this beach. I loved the sport volleyball, in fact that’s the only sport I play, but all this time I have lived on the beach I never played beach volleyball it seems too complicated.

As much as I wanted to go over and watch them I decided just to stick my feet in the ocean. I love to dig my feet into the wet sand and have the water bury them even deeper. I also loved the sound of the waves especially at night when there is no screaming and it’s just peaceful.

When I got down to the water I saw two of the guys who were playing volleyball running down towards the water. “We are so going to win this volleyball tournament!” The guy with light brown hair and blue eyes that matched the ocean said. They were both tall and muscular. The other guy had blonde hair and brown eyes.

“No doubt about it.” The other one yelled right before jumping in the water. After I stared at them for awhile I decided I should walk home, but as I was walking away from the water some dude on a skid board almost hit me causing me to fall on my butt and get my shorts all soaked. I quickly stood up and looked over at the volleyball guys who were laughing at me. Then I decided to run home, not because I was embarrassed mainly because I was wet.

When I got home Michael was the only one home. We haven’t really talked or gotten to know each other, but things weren’t awkward between us. “Skylar?” I turned to face him to let him know I was listening. “I have something I want to show you.” He got off the coach and took me upstairs.

I was standing in front of a closed door. When Michael opened it my mouth immediately dropped. It was a music room filled with many different guitars, a piano, and a drum set. There were two bookshelves filled with CD’s. I guess this would make sense since Michael was once a musician. I play guitar, piano, and occasionally sing. I loved music so much. Music is my escape from the world.

“Do you like it?” I nodded my head in awe. “Your mom told me how much music meant to you and well it is nice to have someone else admire music the way I do. All let you have your fun; I’ll be down stairs if you need me.” Michael left.

The thing I liked the most was that the room had two walls that were just windows and a long window seat underneath the windows. You could see the ocean from anywhere in that room. I was so caught up in this room I completely forgot my shorts were soaking wet. I picked up a fender acoustic guitar, sat down and began to play whatever came to my mind. This was the beginning to a beautiful summer!
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's just a short little introduction to everybody in the family. I think you will really like this story so please give it a chance! Comment and subscribe please! :)