Status: Active (for now)

Trying to Have Fun, no Need for Love to Interrupt

My First Friend

So I thought it was a beginning to a beautiful summer, but I can’t just spend my whole summer in that room playing the guitar and piano. Well I could, but my mom won’t let me. She wants me to actually spend time with the family.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a big thud. I always have been a light sleeper. I quickly ran down and saw Daisy hiding behind the couch. She pointed to Mia’s room; it’s the only room downstairs. She probably wanted that room to sneak out every night. I open the door and I notice that some shelves in her room fell. “Shit my dad is going to kill me.” She yelled looking at her destroyed closet and then at me. “Get the hell out!” she screamed at the top of her lungs and I quickly shut the door and left.

“Is she always in a bad mood in the morning or is she like this every second of her life?” I looked down at Daisy who was at my side. She just shrugged her shoulders and ran back to the couch to watch Scooby-doo.

I went in the kitchen and began to open every cupboard to find the cereal, but most of the cupboards didn’t even have food. Then I saw a big door at the end of the kitchen and realized that it was probably their food storage. I opened it up and it was like food heaven in there. I grabbed a box of Frosted Flakes then grabbed a bowl, a spoon, and some milk. Then my mom and Mia joined me except my mom just had coffee and Mia was eating a bagel.

“The carnival is opening today around 6. Mia, why don’t you take Skylar and introduce her to your friends?” My mom smiled before taking a sip of coffee.

“Fine meet me there at 6.” Mia said with a smile on her face. I hated how she acted so sweet in front of my mom.

“How about you spend the whole day together?” Of course my mom would suggest that. Mia crinkled up her nose like I was disgusting.

“I would but I already have plans and I would invite her, but I got to go.” She quickly finished up her bagel, took her purse, car keys and was out in a flash.

“I’m sorry sweetie. I would hang out with you, but I have to take Daisy to the doctors.” She said taking another sip of her coffee.

“It’s okay I could just find someone to teach me how to surf.” I always wanted to learn how to surf, but have been so busy.

“Why don’t you get Matt to teach you? He is a pro at surfing.” My mom got up grabbed her purse, kissed me on the head, and Daisy and her left the house. I would to ask Matt, but he probably has plans too.

I went up stairs and knocked on Matt’s door. There was no response, so I tried one more time. There was still no response, so this time I just walked in and he was still sleeping. It was almost one o’clock and he was still asleep. I wanted to wake him up in a mean way, but at the same time I didn’t want to get on his bad side.

I decided to do it the mean way, so I got a cup of ice cold water and poured it on him. He jumped out of bed literally. “What the hell?” he screamed and I couldn’t stop laughing. He grabbed a shirt and wiped the water off his face. Then he began to laugh too. “You’re all right, but seriously what was the point of that?”

“Sorry, but I was wondering if you wanted to teach me how to surf?” He grabbed another t-shirt and put it on.

“Yeah that sounds cool.” I nodded left the room to get ready.

I was so excited to learn how to surf, but I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be that easy. First Matt had me practice the steps on the sand, the paddling and the standing up part. It was until we actually got in the water. I couldn’t stay up on the board. By the time we were done I still wasn’t able to surf. I guess I will just have to try some other day.

“That was so much fun. I haven’t seen anyone fall as many times as you have.” He couldn’t stop laughing.

“Next time I will get it.” I sounded determined and Matt just laughed. I checked the time on my cell phone and it was 5:45. I was going to be late, but why did I care?

“You want to get something to eat?” Matt asked

“I’d love to, but I have to meet Mia at the fair. Do you know where that is?” I didn’t know that there was even a fair or carnival or whatever they call it.

“Yeah, I’ll take you some of my friends will probably be there.” He smiled and we began to walk.

When I got there I saw Mia standing in front of the entrance. I hugged Matt goodbye and met up with Mia. “So here is what were going to do. I am going to ditch you and you do whatever the hell you want to because I don’t give a damn.” She smiled and skipped off. I looked at all the lit up rides, but the ocean got my attention. I went to the edge of the pier and just looked at the full moons reflection in the water.

“You know you could get a better look if you go down to the ocean.” A girl with black wavy hair and brown eyes said. She was curvy and tan. She was wearing a sun dress with a cardigan.

“I know I was just…” I didn’t really know what to say, so I decided to shut up. She let out a little giggle.

“I’m Alex.” She put her hand out for me to shake.

“I’m Skylar.” We both turned back towards the ocean and just admired the view. We didn’t talk till her cell phone rang and she answered it.

“I got to go, but it was nice meeting you.” Before I could say ‘you too’ she ran off kissing some boy, which I am guessing is her boyfriend. That was the first person I have met and I was most likely not going to see her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know slow beginning but just give it a chance! comment and subscribe please :)