Status: still writing

To Live Forever, A Good Thing?

The beginning

My beginning to my end is right here. So lets start in like the I really don’t know how long ago so ya.

“ Mother we can not leave!” I screamed at my mom.
“We are Stormy and this is final my dear.” she replied.
“Fine mother, but I don’t agree with this decision.” I said defeated. I ran up to my room ans tarted packing just like I did each year we moved. My mother had found an “agreeable” man and wants to move in with him. Isn’t that a bad idea considering she just met him a fortnight ago and only talked with him twice. At least I think so. As I packed my belongings, I found my brush and ran it through my thick, wavy dirty-blonde hair, then place the brush gently in my belongings bag.

<DAYS LATER>

This “agreeable” man was King George III who when I went to the castle I was made a maid, a house keeping maid to be exact so if I didn’t keep everything in tip top shape, or if I didn’t do something how the king wanted, I would get a whooping. I tried my hardest. Believe me I did, but each time I cleaned his room, I would do something wrong, something he didn’t like and of coarse I got a great whooping. Each crack of the whip that hit my back, made scars deep bright red scars that hurt with each movement I would make. A twitch of the arm, sent searing pain down my spine into my calves, and with a muscle tightening in my leg there went searing pain in my abdominal.
I have tried escaping, multiple times to be exact, but with no such luck. Each time either a guard would find me, and I got a whooping or a noble would find me in the castle trying to run away and show me to the guards and I would once again get a whooping. I was in a loose-loose situation.
Finally I made my decision. I would leave and midnight, the darkest hour. I would hop out the window with an OK dress or two that a stole from the queen herself (we were the same size back then. Even I was surprised), and start running for my life.
The plan did take place, but what I didn’t know is that once I hopped out of the window I twisted my ankle, but I didn’t notice and kept running for the dark forest that no one has ever made it out of.
The legend goes like this: Thou who enters the forest nay will come back.
A young boy lost his toy ball in the forest. He went inside to retrieve it, but didn’t come back.
I forgot that legend while running, it was my last priority at the time, what really was my priority was keep running you don’t have much time. Keep running. I finally made it to the forest and ran right in looking for shelter. The green pine trees made a great canopy to hide during both daylight and night light I noticed as I was slowing down near a running fresh water river. Near the river I thought it was a great place to rest for the rest of the night and half of the day.
I had a plan. Sleep the night into the middle of the day run, fall asleep at midnight wake in the middle of the day and so on repeated. I was hoping this plan will work.
As I woke up around noon I scavenged (sp?) The forest around me looking for some somewhat edible food. Looking in bushes I find delicious plump, fresh raspberries and blackberries waiting to be picked and eaten. I hurriedly picked as many I could hold in both hand and picked up the bottom of my skirt folding it up but not creasing it making it rounded at the bottom making it a makeshift basket where I could put my berries. Then running back to the river I went so I could wash off my berries and maybe bathe a bit before I start walking though the forest again.
When I finally finishes my berries I bathed getting off the dirt and sweat sticking to my body and cleaning away all my past life as a maid. My thick wavy blond hair flowing around my body while I bathed I considered chopping it off, but decided not because it reminded me of my mother that I miss so much, but could not go to for she would send me right back to the castle. As I finished bathing, I started to feel faint and more fatigued even with a good nights rest. Putting more clothing on with the feeling of sickness I went on my way looking for someone to help me and my on coming sickness. Walking, I feel even more faint with each step I took more and more wariness came over me until I find my eyes drooping, and finally I collapse. Before I collapsed I saw a figure behind some tree watching me, then slowly making their way to me before I fell. As I faded into blackness I didn’t feel my head bang on the ground I did hear, “ You are safe now.” and I finally saw nothing, but a sea of darkness.