A Disappointment

one

"Do not play that terrible music" demanded her father. She nodded and refrained from sighing. "Of course sir" she mumbled losing the little confidence she had opening the door.

He waited until he was aware she had obeyed the order. He nodded satisfied. With no other remarks he left and closed the door in his usually orderly manner. She did not a speak a word until she was so sure he was somewhere reasonably far.

Finally she sighed and collapsed to her bed. Her thoughts weren't much and the silence continued in a somewhat haunting way. He must have come home early. I guess I won't be putting my iPod on speaker again she thought staring at the plain white ceiling.

Lily wanted a regular family. Her father actually to act like one instead of someone to be feared and business like always. He seemed so different when mother was alive she thought in wonder now tearing her eyes from the plain old ceiling. Lily was heavy in thought when she heard another knock the door. It was different but familiar; it was measured in dainty and classy like way meaning her dear grandmother.

She opened the door, she was obviously correct.

"It took you too long" she scolded Lily. Lily had an urge to roll her eyes but saw it as intelligent not to. "May I help you?" Lily asked in a sweet false voice.

"Well try not be a bother, you're causing noise pollution. I mean honestly you're as bad as your mother. It's a pity you didn't inherit your father's wonderful qualities like your siblings" her grandmother lectured.

With that she closed the door not bothering to hear Lily's answer.

Lily rolled her eyes and nodded her head. "I feel so part of this establishment" she mocked sarcastically. One day she'd have the courage to be blunt but now was a different story. It hurt her that her grandmother would say awful things about a person that was dear to her.

She hated her father being serious. She was seen as a disappointment. She wanted a change, badly.

Little did she know the change was on its way to her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
No silent readers please! unsilent readers are seriously amazing. :)