A Disappointment

two

Her feet walked the polished mahogany floors’ nearing the piano sells. She could smell the overdose of polish and that slight dash of dust. She heard pianos playing; it was usual and not uncommon.

Some pianos were playing heavily while others delicately. She could hear them separately with a little dose of concentration. She liked hearing the variations; music was a passion she had.

Her father thought little of the ambitions she had, after his entire mind was on business not on apparently pointless dreams his young daughter owned. The bell rang; it was time for the afternoon classes. She was hesitant to move away but with the first person emerging from the piano sells, she was hesitant no more.

She walked to the nearby classroom, she knew as usual she would try her best not to day dream so much. She would often wonder about people, think up stories in her head. She was finally situated at the back of the classroom, alone and content truthfully.

She knew the teacher would arrive late for class ten minutes late. Every Tuesday afternoon Ms. Roche would be late nearly always.

She took this to her advantage and stared out the window. The room erupted with noise of spoken words as she stared out at the pale grey sky and continued until the teacher arrived.