On Hopes & Dreams

Affectionate With Words

Bobby, you say, is affectionate with words.

He’s so affectionate in his texts. So sweet.

Bobby, he’d call you pretty. Beautiful. He used to compliment your hair and your smile and your laugh. Bobby would tell you that he loves you. He wouldn’t hold your hand in the hallways and he was afraid to kiss your lips, but in his text messages he told you in detail every little thing he loved about you. Every facet. Every sound that comes out of your mouth, your fingers; he loves.

I wonder if Bobby knows about the sounds you make when my teeth graze your neck. I wonder how much he loves your shallow, uneven breathing, your gasping, when I grab your shirt collar; how you moan when I pull it down and suck on your collar bone, bite, until there’s a little red mark bruised an inch around.

Bobby likes you for who you are. You don’t need to change yourself for him, you guys are honest. Honest and stripped down just like the look in your eyes when you’re straddling me and leaving marks all down my neck, your hand up my shirt. When you’re too turned on, when you forget to guard yourself.

The thing about Bobby is, he’s so shy. He’s so into you that he’s afraid to do something that you wouldn’t like. He’s scared to go too fast or do anything wrong. It’s cute, you say. Cute just like the smiles I give you when we’re rushing to class, hoping our rendezvous in the stairwell won’t cost us a tardy. It’s so adorable, how he likes you too much to risk laying in your bed spooning with you and watching Hairspray; never mind turning around in your arms and catching your lips between his. We made out for seven minutes, that time. Your first.

I wonder if Bobby gasps at your touch. Your hands around my neck; if I had to die I would want you to strangle me. I want to know if he shakes underneath you. Do you kiss his cheek and jay and rub his thigh to calm him down, whisper in his ear if he’s okay, stop shaking?

When I’m gone, the moment I’m in the car driving away from you, I’m already texting you. Telling you about the dirty things we’re going to do tomorrow.

But it’s so great that you found such an amazing boy, Ashley. I’m glad your happy with him and his affectionate words.
Really.