Status: active. Kill or keep?

If I Fell...

Poptart concidence

Our bus pulled up to our apartment complex back in Arizona. I missed the dry heat while I was gone. I missed the watery waves of warmth undulating from the pavement, the birds in the air, and the smell of alcohol in our apartment.
That might make a good song.
I stepped off the bus, grabbed my two suitcases from the storage compartment, and went inside to the cool air conditioning. Pat was already in the kitchen. MY kitchen.
"Fuck man, you have no food."
"My apartment." I said, an annoyed smile on my face. Pat reached his hand to his long dark hair, and started to tuck it behind his ears. "No, Pat. Not rat boy. We just got home!" I yelled.
Pat has an altar ego named Rat Boy. You know he's Rat Boy when he tucks his hair behind his ears... if he does, run.
"I need fooooood," He whined.
"Jesus Christ. Lemme put my suitcases in my room and then I'll go to the grocery store. My fucking apartment, man." I grumbled.

Leila <3
I was reading a book in my small room, sweat dripping down my neck. The air conditioner broke. Yeah. Summer in Arizona + no airconditioning = hell
It was approximately lunchtime, or so my tummy told me. It was growling. I set my book down on the bed, shoved my cat lovingly onto the floor, and walked to the fridge. Diet Coke, cheese, and milk... That was it.
I held the refrigerator door open a little longer than I should have, reveling in the goosebumps that traveled in rapid succession up my arms. I sighed, closed it, and grabbed my keys. I slid on my flip flops and left the apartment in an old T-shirt and ratty short-ish shorts. Hey, it was hot. I'm not a slut, I promise. I've kissed three guys in my eighteen year long life. The metal loop of the seat belt burnt my as I touched it, and my legs were stuck to the chair in seconds. I turned the AC way up and let it blow my messy hair.
I didn't like Arizona during the day much. it was at night when I loved it. The stars are clear as can be, except maybe for in Alaska, and the city lights put the cast of the mountains in a pure orangey-purple glow.
But right now, it was hotter than anything. As soon as I stepped out of my just barely cool car, the wave of heat hit me. It makes you tired, the heat. But I strode on and grabbed a shopping cart, rolled it across the parking lot, and was jolted by the wheels grinding and bumping over the cement. The automatic doors opened in greeting. I smiled and sighed as the cool air blew my hair.
I took my list from my back pocket:
Bread, eggs, granola bars, poptarts, diet peach Snapple, Disney Princess fruitsnacks.
My cart had a squeaky wheel, causing me to cringe every few seconds. Bystanders probably thought there was something wrong with me, or that I'd just been electrocuted.
A boy passed, in skinny jeans and a T-shirt. I stiffened automatically. It was a natural reflex. I reached for the brown sugar cinnamon poptarts at the same time as him, and drew back. He looked at me oddly, and handed me a box.
"Thanks," I said quietly. He raised an eyebrow.
"Sure. John."
"Leila." We shook hands, and I started to walk away. I knew i looked like I had a stick up my butt, but I was shocked and I hadn't really talked to a boy in a long time.
"Wait a sec," John said. "Um, I know we just met and all, but you're really pretty, and you seem cool. Could I have you number?" Dude. I thought this only happened in movies up until this point.
"Um. My number?" I asked stupidly.
"Cell phone number. Please?" I shook my head and took out a pen. He held out his hand for me to write on, but I tore off a piece of my grocery list instead, and wrote it there. Why did I do that? Why was I doing this? My brain was yelling at me, my heart was pounding against the walls in my chest. I handed him the slip of paper.
"I'll text you," He said, and I walked away. Still stiff, still a little weirded out... but hey, someone wanted me. I couldn't help but to feel flattered. As i reached the granola bars, my pocket buzzed. I took out my phone.
"Hey :)" the text read.
"John? That was quick" I typed back.
"Yeah :) It's meee. What's your favorite color?"
"umm dark blue. why?"
"Just wonderringg" he said.
"What about you?"
"Blue"
Well, we texted the whole night. And I liked him, in a friendly way. But then he called me at around 10.
"Hello?" I answered, obviously suspicious.
"Hi girlie,"
"What's up?" I asked, thinking he needed something.
"Nothing, just thought I'd call." I laughed a little. "Do you want to go on a date?" He asked.
"Um. As friends?" He laughed at me. I flushed.
"I've never really dated anyone as friends... But if that's what you want, then sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep or kill? I think I'll only be writing from Leila's perspective since John is a real person and I don't want to get his personality wrong. Comments please!! I beg of you... Comments!