The Show Goes On

10.

“MELANIE, MARC AND VERO ARE HERE!” I heard Jordan yell at me from downstairs, and I checked my hair in the mirror once more, before hurrying downstairs.

“V, thank you for coming.” I said, giving her a huge hug as soon as I saw her. Her hair was curled, and left to hang down her back, and went perfectly with her yellow sundress. She grinned at me, and grabbed my hand, motioning for me to spin around.

“Absolutely gorgeous Mel!” Vero gushed, hugging me again. I laughed, and hugged Marc as Vero went to hug Jordan.

“You look stunning Mel-bear” Marc said, kissing my cheek as we pulled apart. I blushed, and thanked him quietly.

“Let’s go guys, everyone is already out back.” Jordan said, grabbing my hand, and twining our fingers. I smiled up at him, leaned against his side as we walked to the backyard.

“MELANIE!” I heard someone yell, and turned to see Marie Letang calling to me, and running to hug me. I grinned, and opened my arms to hug my second mother.

“Momma Letang, I’m so happy to see you!” I exclaimed, and glanced around the backyard of Jordan and mine’s house, my eyes growing at the size of people loitering around.

“Sweetie, you’re barely even showing! I have a feeling your going to have an easy pregnancy, never doubt a mother’s intuition..” She said, pulling away, and hugging Jordan, telling him congratulations.

“This is the big unveiling, so try and keep the news down… Although I can assume that almost everyone here knows already.” I explained, and bid goodbye, choosing to go say hi to as many people as possible.

“I have a surprise for you.” Jordan whispered in my ear, leading me towards the refreshment table I had conned Sidney and Pascal into setting up. He led me to a group of about nine people, and I felt the shock written on my face.

“Guys, this is Melanie, my girlfriend. Melanie, this is my mom and dad, Linda and Henry. My brother Eric, his wife Tanya and their son Parker. My brother Marc, and his fiancée Trisha. And my brother Jared, and his girlfriend Staci. And I’m Jordan.” He said, laughing at his own joke, while his own family looked at me with quizzical gazes. The tall blonde, Eric, stepped forward, extending a hand.

“Nice to meet you Melanie.” He said, breaking the ice, and the whole family started friendly conversation with me.

***

We had been chatting for a good half hour when Vero came running up beside me, quite a feat for her in stilettos, and a grassy backyard.

“Melanie, we have an emergency, you need to come with me right now! Hey Staal’s, Mel will only be a second!” She said, sending a quick wave to the humongous family, and dragging me towards Geno, Abby, Sid and two gorgeous women.

“Wait… V, is that Oksana?” I asked, squinting to look at the Russian bitch. I watched as Sidney hugged the other brunette, standing beside her, and held hands with her.

“You bet your ass it is, Abby is freaking out, rightfully so I guess.” Vero said, but I felt a slight twinge of jealousy as the brunette hung off Sid’s arm. We finally came to a stop beside Abby, and I gave her a hug, like I had accidentally walked into the circle of my friends.

“Oh Abby, you look gorgeous, I swear you just walked out of Vogue, honestly.” I complimented her, before turning around, pretending to just notice the other’s eyes.

“Hey Mel.” Sidney said, sending me a cocky smile, while making sure to look towards the girl to his right. Geno smiled, and said hello, and Oksana glared at me, before a fake smile covered her face.

“Melanie! Been forever, da?” She asked, her Russian accent butchering the sentence. She weakly threw her arms around me, being careful to not make contact with me, as if I was a disease. I faked a smile, and returned her pretend hug.

“And you are?” I asked, smiling at the bitchy tone I put into the question, turning to the girl who was now sucking face with Sidney. She pulled away, and gasped for air.

“Oh, I’m Justice.” She said, saying the words airily like a porn star. I extended my hand, and she shook it weakly, which irritated the shit out of me.

“MY BAD, just had to explain to my family why my girlfriend basically ran away.” Jordan said, grinning at me, as he winked, and hugged me from behind. He introduced himself to the new girl, and I could see him looking her up and down quickly, before returning back to my gaze.

“Sorry I’m late, airport traffic was a bitch, and we needed to stop at our hotel room.” I recognized the voice instantly, and turned around slowly. Jonathan looked amazing, and so did the dark-haired beauty holding his hand.

“What are you going here?” Jordan asked, pulling me closer to him. I smiled that he was so protective, and looked back at Jonathan with raised eyebrows.

“He’s my guest.” Sidney said from behind me, and everyone turned around to look at him. He shrugged his shoulders, and sent a smirk my way, before walking up to Jonathan and greeting him with a handshake. Vero looked at me, and asked if I was okay through her expression, and I nodded, feeling light headed.

Jonathan came over, shook hands with Jordan and Marc, and hugged Vero, before coming to hug me.

“You look gorgeous.” He whispered into my ear, before pulling back. I looked at him, completely frozen as everyone started talking, not noticing the completely shocked look on my face.

“Easy there, flies taste nasty this time of year.” Max said, seemingly popping out of no where. I glanced around him quickly, and grinned at the Kelsey-free area.

“What happened with you and Kelsey?” Marc asked the question that everyone was wondering. Max rolled his eyes, and took a sip of the Molson Canadian he had in his hand.

“I finally listened to you guys, besides, I’m more fun when I’m single.” He said, winking at us, making everyone laugh.

***

After the BBQ dinner, most of the older guests started leaving, and the younger occupants started turning it into a real party. Someone found out where Jordan stashed the sound system, and hooked up an iPod, because fast-paced music filled our backyard.

“OH MY GOD!” Me and Vero screamed as Bye Bye by N’Sync came on, and had a tiny fan girl moment, before we took to the patio, which had recently been turned into a dance floor.

“Screw Justin Bieber, I’d do Justin Timberlake any day of the week.” Abby yelled, and all the girls around us let out different agreements. I laughed, and just had a great time enjoying myself.

****

I woke up the next morning, and groaned, realizing all of the family, and most of the friends from last night would be getting together at our house for ‘Brunch’, and we will formally announce the news of this baby.

I hurried around the room, quickly throwing on the skirt and tank top I had put aside for this occasion, and slipped on some pink flats. I pulled away the band that was currently holding my curly hair in a messy ponytail, and ran my fingers through it, grinning.

“Fuck, I look hot.” I said out loud, applying some lip gloss and eyeliner. I heard Jordan snort from the bedroom, and couldn’t help but giggle.

“People think I’m cocky… Understatement of the year!” He complained, walking into the bathroom wearing some board shorts and a polo.

“You ready Jay?” I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist as he quickly shaved his 5 o’clock shadow, and applied some amazing-smelling aftershave.

***

I felt Jordan grabbed my hand, and I quickly put down my fork, too nervous to eat or drink anything the entire morning. Jordan cleared his throat as he stood, instantly grabbing everyone’s attention. I slowly got out of my chair, looking around, trying to gauge everyone’s reaction.

“We have some pretty impo-” Jordan started, but was interrupted by some giggling, and loud, clunky, high-heeled footsteps. A mess of blonde hair in a shiny gold dress appeared in the doorway of the huge dining room.

“What? Haven’t told everyone about the spawn of Satan your carrying in your stomach?” She slurred, looking towards me, revealing her face, covered with sloppy make up, and mascara tears. I heard a collective gasp from the audience, and watched as she walked up to the table.

“Maxie, you don’t realize what your losing, I’m a great snag, and I’m hot as fuck. Plus I put up with your crazy ass team mates, and their even weirder girlfriends. It’s you and me baby.” She said in between hiccups, and glared at me, before slumping onto the couch beside her, and instantly falling into a drunken slumber.

“I need a drink…” Max trailed off, getting out of his seat and walking towards the kitchen. Jordan glanced down at his watch, and chuckled at the fact that it was only ten-thirty in the morning.

“Just like in Russia,” Evgeni said, walking out from the bathroom door, and walking straight in front of Talbot.

“JESUS GENO!” Max yelped, and shoved him back lightly, walking into the kitchen. Evgeni raised his eyebrows, but just took his seat. It took everyone a couple seconds to start laughing.

“Wait, wait, wait. Your pregnant?” Jordan’s brother, Eric, asked from across the table. I blushed, and nodded, while Jordan grinned like a maniac.

“MY BABY!” Linda Staal squealed, getting out of her seat, hurrying around the table, and coming to give me a hug only a mother could give. Jordan pouted, and I just winked at him.

***

After the excitement had calmed down, most people left, giving us their best wishes. I was sitting with Avril when Kris and Momma Letang came over to sit with us on the patio.

“Mom, this is my girlfriend, Avril.” Kris said, smiling at Avril proudly. I grinned at her, and watched her blush, but smile nonetheless. Mrs. Letang looked at her questioningly, before frowning.

“What is wrong with ‘er?” She asked, lightly touching the purple highlights in Avril’s blonde hair.

“It’s fake.” Avril responded, her smile dimming slightly. Kris’ mom shook her head, and tsk tsk’d. I raised an eyebrow at Kris, but he looked just as confused as me.

“I leave now Kristopher, give me a hug and kiss.” She said, and Kris obliged, but still looked confused. She grinned at me, and came and hugged me, kissing me on both cheeks, before glaring at Avril, and walking back into the house.

“She hates me…” Avril mumbled, accepting the hug from Kris, but not moving at all. Tears pooled in her eyes, but she quickly blinked them back.

“She’ll warm up to you sweetie! Your too amazing for her to hate you.” I said, patting her shoulder. I excused myself, and quickly made my way to the bathroom.

I was sitting on the toilet, when I noticed the crimson colour staining my white underwear. If it would have been a few red dots, I wouldn’t have been worried, but there was quite a bit of blood. I quickly finished, and unlocked the door, looking down the hallway frantically. Sidney appeared from the right end of the hall, and I ran to him.

“Melanie? What’s wrong, why are you crying?” He asked, reaching up, and wiping away the tears I hadn’t even realized were falling down my cheeks.

“I’m bleeding… Down there.” I didn’t have enough time to feel embarrassed, I was too worried about my unborn child. Sid’s eyes grew the size of saucer’s, and he grabbed my hand, leading me to the door quickly.

I couldn’t wrap my mind around anything besides the fact that my child might be in danger…
♠ ♠ ♠
Vero - Party
Melanie - Party
Oksana - Party
Justice - Party
Jon and Taylor (The Mystery Girl) - Party

1997 words... WHOOT!

The final chapter... Guess what? I ALREADY MADE THE SEQUEL!
You guys want to see it don't you? ;)
Well... I guess I'll give you the link

One last comment? :) <3 Thank you guys!