Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

The Big Day, Part I

It was about 4 in the morning and Ellie stood in front of the old Victorian style home and took a deep breath. The day was finally here. The big day. Her wedding day. It was the day she had been anticipating since the day her and Charlie got engaged 5 months ago. Now, here she was, standing outside the beautiful home at 4 in the morning, admiring it. She took a stroll towards the backyard, which was where the ceremony was going to take place. She saw the stacks of chairs lined up against the edge of the yard, waiting to be placed in their correct order. She saw the archway that was going to be decorated with peonies and vines and she couldn’t help but smile to herself.

Ellie walked to the back door and envisioned that the whole backyard was done and ready. She pictured the guests sitting on the chairs, the sun out, the sky blue, and Charlie waiting for her at the end of the aisle. She looked down for a moment and clasped her hands together. Making her way down the aisle, she smiled; she was now picturing her future with the man she was about to marry.

Charlie was the guy Ellie grew up with. She had always been there for her and when he found out she came back to Washington, he didn’t hesitate to go over and welcome her back into his life. Charlie knew about Ellie and the Prince, but that didn’t matter to him. He was going to make Ellie his, and that’s exactly what happened.

The first time she saw Charlie again, it was as if her life was taken off pause. She missed Harry, she really did, but it was time to move on. Harry didn’t make any other moves and so she locked up those memories and threw away the key and started a new life with her childhood friend, Charlie.

Ellie’s nain absolutely adored Charlie. She thought he was such a gentlemen and she knew he truly loved Ellie. Everyone else in Ellie’s family thought it was a little ridiculous of them for getting engaged so quickly. They had crossed paths for the first time in 8 years, but the first 5 months they spent together had been amazing. They learned what it was like to love anew, and so they decided it was a perfect time to be engaged.

As Ellie made her way down the “aisle”, she hummed the wedding song quietly to herself as her eyes looked down at the dewy grass. Since it was past 4, nearly 5 in the morning, the sun was beginning to make its way. The dark skies were turning into a lighter tint of dark blue and the that meant it was only hours away till she became Mrs. Ellinor Morgans.

Hmm… hum… hum... hmmm…

Ellie stopped at the spot where the archway would be and turned to look at where Charlie would be standing. She smiled at nothing, but then she blinked and saw Charlie’s face transform into a rather familiar one. His ashy-blonde hair turned into the fiery, red hair and his pale complexion started to form freckles all over. His closed smile turned into a cheeky one and Ellie stood there, her mouth agape and shook her head until the picture of Harry disappeared. She shut her eyes tight and murmured, “No, no, no, no, please no…” to herself until she looked back up and saw that he was gone.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

“Ellinor, get up!” The blanket that covered Ellie was now thrown on the floor, leaving her curled up in her bed. Another childhood friend, Samantha, was walking back and forth, and all around Ellie’s bedroom, trying to get everything ready for the big day. She groaned and sat down next to Ellie. “Ellie! Get up, NOW! You have about 4 hours to get ready before pre-ceremony pictures, and 6 hours until the ceremony.”

Sam reached over and shoved her best friend, but Ellie only rejected her touch and turned onto her other side. Sam let out another groan. Her eyes trailed over Ellie, looking at her stressed out best friend. Her eyes stopped at her feet, and saw that she had her Toms on and grass stains were all over the bed sheets.

“Ellie, why do you have your shoes?” Ellie didn’t answer.

Samantha leaned over and turned Ellie so that she was on her back. She looked down at her and asked again, “Ellie, why do you have your shoes on? Did you go somewhere last night?”

Ellie shook her head, but kept her eyes shut.

“Then why do you have them on?”

Ellie turned onto her other side so that she was facing Sam’s side. Her eyes fluttered open and she licked her lips. “I-I…”

Sam nodded and said, “Yes?”

“I went to the house today… around 4 in the morning… I wanted to see…”

“Okay? Should I be worried? Should I tell Charlie?”

Ellie quickly sat up and shook her head. “No. You don’t have to say anything. But Sam, I’m going to tell you something and you have to promise you won’t say a word about it to anyone, okay? Not even the bridesmaids. Not my nain, my parents, and especially not Charlie.”

Sam looked at Ellie with wide eyes and adjusted herself so that she was now comfortably sitting on the bed next to Ellie. She reached for Ellie’s hands and held them. “Okay? El, you’re kind of freaking me out. What’s going on?”

The brunette took a deep breath and held tightly onto Sam’s hands. “When I went to the house this morning, I was picturing everything. The seats, the weather, the guests… I walked down the aisle and at the end I pictured Charlie, but then… I… I guess my mind wanted to see Harry. “

“So you’re saying that…”

“Charlie turned into Harry. I was looking at Harry, not Charlie. His smile…” Ellie looked down at and pouted. “I miss his smile. Jesus, I miss… No. I can’t say that. I’m getting married today. I’m marrying Charlie!”

Sam nodded. “I know that, El. You’re marrying Charlie, the guy you’re in love with, right? You love him?”

Ellie looked up at Sam. Her vision was beginning to blur because of the tears that were forming in her tear ducts. But she nodded. “I love him, yes.”

“Then you don’t have to worry about anything. It’s just pre-wedding nerves, El,” said Sam before getting up off the bed. She gave her best friend a reassuring smile and walked over the window, pushing the curtains aside to let the sunlight into the room. She looked at the wedding dress that hung on the hook and she turned back to Ellie. “I’m your best friend so I’m obligated to tell you that the face that shows up in your dreams is the person you should be marrying in real life.”

Ellie stared at her and pulled the blankets up over her legs. Sam nodded and walked towards the door.

“But it wasn’t a dream,” whispered Ellie.

Before leaving the room, Sam looked back at Ellie and smiled. “It’s your decision, El.”

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Harry’s plane had just landed in New York for a conference that had been planned for a while now. He was dressed in his usual black slacks and dark grey blazer with a brightly colored tie. His hair was an absolutely mess; he had no time to comb it through, but he didn’t care. His escorts guided him through the airport and into the limousine that was waiting just outside the busy building.

“How are you, Your Royal Highness?” asked the driver.

Harry unbuttoned his blazer and leaned forward with a smile on his face. “Ah, I’m doing alright. How are you, sir?”

“I’m very fortunate to be driving your around, Your Royal Highness.”

The prince laughed. “You don’t have to say that. Please, call me Harry.”

The driver looked back and laughed. “Alright, alright. Well I guess I should be taking you to the UN Headquarters now.”

When Harry sat back and buckled his belt, he pulled out his phone and opened up a new text message. He scrolled over Ellie’s name and tapped it. He stared down at his phone and thought about what he was going to say. What could he say? It was his fault. Everything was his fault.

The last thing he said to Ellie was, “I’ll see you soon.” That was 10 months ago.

He cancelled out of the new message and locked his phone. Harry rested his head back against the head rest and sighed. His guards were sitting next to him, but as always, they minded their own business. They were his friends, yes, but in public it was their job to protect His Royal Highness and act professional. But right now, all Harry wanted was to hit a bar and have a few drinks with his friends.

His phone vibrated and he lifted it up to read who it was from.

(374) 234-7362
Harry?

The prince crinkled his nose and texted back:

Yes, this is he. May I ask who this is?

It took a while for the person to respond, and Harry was impressed the text wasn’t a crazy, obsessed message, but rather a long, detailed one. He looked down and read it to himself.

This is Samantha. I’m Ellinor’s best friend and I wanted to let you know she’s getting married today. I’m breaking the best friend code right by telling you this, but I wanted you to know she pictured the ceremony and instead of her fiancé’s face, she saw yours. That means something right? Plus, she still had your number saved in her phone…

Harry’s mouth parted slightly and he leaned forward, still looking down at the text message. Ellie was getting married? How could he have let this happen? This wasn’t supposed to happen. He swallowed the lump that had formed in the back of his throat and began typing away…

I have to see her. Please tell me where the ceremony is being held. Please, help me see Ellinor…

Of course I’ll help you, Harry. The ceremony is being held at the old Victorian house. 1364 Brookman Road Elk Creek, Virginia. She’ll be getting ready around 1:30 PM. Text this number when you’re in the area.

I’m on my way. Thank you, Samantha.

No problem. I’m rooting for you.

Harry slipped his phone back into his pocket and turned to his guard. He looked at him like he knew what he was going to say. All Harry had been talking about for the past 10 months was Ellie. His guard, Brandon, spoke up. “Yes, Harry?”

The prince pressed his lips together and rested his elbows over his knees. “I have to go. Brandon, this is about Ellie. I have to get to Virginia before 1 o’clock. Please, be my friend right now, not my guard.”

Brandon looked at Harry and rolled his shoulders. “I don’t know, Harry. You have a meeting to get to in an hour. The Queen had told you that this was a very important meeting-

“I know, I know,” said Harry. He brought his hand over his chin and shook his head. “But I need to go see her…”

His guard looked at him and sighed. “Damn it, Harry. I’m only doing this because you’re my friend, and you’re a really good friend at that. I’ll tell the panel you were feeling a little sick once you got off the plane.”

The redhead smiled big and reached over to give Brandon a hug. “You are a great friend, Brandon. A great friend.” After he pulled away, he removed his seat belt and walked forward to the little window that divided the driver and the backseat.

“Hello driver. A change of plans, actually. I have to get back to the airport. I have a wedding to crash.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is almost done! Hope you all enjoy!
I'm really excited about this.
♡♡♡♡♡