Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

A Royal Encounter

“See, I told you, you would pass the exam,” exclaimed Natasha. It was the day after the exam and the two of them were exhausted. They spent earlier yesterday studying, then off to take the test, and then spent the rest of the day catching up in the library preparing themselves for upcoming exams. Now they were back at Ellie’s grandparents house making breakfast.

Natasha was on her Mac, checking their test scores. They both passed above average on the exam while most of the class barely passed. The two of them were happy, yet they couldn’t really express it. They were dead tired.

“I bet school’s packed with people right about now,” Ellie said, as she flipped pancakes over the stove. She yawned as she flipped the finished product on top of the stack that was good enough to eat.

“Come on, we should go see Prince Harry. It’s exciting.”

Ellie shook her head. “Not really, Nat.”

Her friend gasped, “You don’t think he’s handsome?” Natasha gave Ellie a ‘tss tss’ and laughed afterward as she reached for a few pancakes.

“I do think he’s handsome, I just don’t get why people are so fascinated in him visiting the school. I know he’s done it before, why is today so special?” she asked.

“Because,” Natasha began, “Harry might make his decision on whether he wants to enroll at Cardiff for a semester or two. That’s why he’s been touring universities all over the UK, Brin.”

“I still think it’s whatever,” she said, making it clear. Ellie wasn’t as attracted to Prince Harry like every girl at university was. She didn’t understand why they were making it such a big deal. Even with their little game they created, she thought it was ridiculous. Ellie shook her head as she began eating breakfast with her friend. “At least we passed the exam, that’s all I’m happy about.”

Natasha looked up and said, “We have to go to university now. Prince Harry just pulled up in the Rolls Royce!”

____________

A few minutes after begging and explaining on why they should go see Prince Harry’s arrival, Ellinor gave in and Natasha was clapping her hands crazily. Instead of watching the Prince roam around the university, she was planning on spending time in the library and her friend wasn’t going to argue with that.

The two of them got dressed and began walking down to the campus. With their arms linked together, Ellie said, “I can’t believe I’m going back to school on a day that I shouldn’t be going to school. My days off are crucial and I shouldn’t be disobeying that.”

“Oh God,” Natasha sighed. She turned to her friend and gave her a tight squeeze on her arm, “Look you’re going to the library… you’re favorite place in the entire world, you’re going to be fine. Nobody’s going to be bothering you, love.”

Ellie nodded. “Yeah, you’re right. Sorry Nat, I’m just a little irritated with the whole Prince thing,” she said in a plain voice.

As they turned the last corner, they could already see the mob of students surrounding the front gate. It was nearly 11.45 and the Rolls Royce was parked right outside, by the curb. As they got closer to the campus, the two of them split and went their separate ways. The Prince was still at the front, talking to the girls, asking and answering questions and smiling. Ellie rolled her eyes and walked towards the back which was a shortcut to the library.

She turned to look behind her and the mob began moving towards the front steps. They all moved in unison and in a very slow motion too. She could see the ginger Prince at the front of the group, leading while he was following the tour guide.

Once Ellie arrived at the library, she went straight to the isolated table she usually studied at. It was located at the far end of the library, near the Physics and Astronomy section. That part of the library was usually empty since those two subjects weren’t entirely popular at the University. Ellie sat down and placed her bag on the table, removing her Psychology book.

The library was exceptionally quiet today but Ellie quite liked it, she knew she would get a lot done in just a few hours. She looked down at the book and the pages she was supposed to study and began her reading.

Hours after going through the brain section in her Psychology, she sat back and stretched her arms out, yawning loud. “Shhhh,” said the librarian. Ellie ran her hand through her hair and quietly replied back, “Sorry.”

Out of nowhere, the library doors opened and a voice said, “Hello, hello, please don’t freak out.” With many walls and bookcases blocking the person, Ellie jerked up in her seat and her jaw dropped. The librarian, who was in sight, walked from behind the counter and made her way towards the other end of the library. “Hello. How do you do, your Royal Highness?”

“I’m fine, thank you. I just wanted to take a look around the library by myself since I got all the girls off my back,” he chuckled. Ellie sunk low in her seat and picked up the book to cover her face. She heard his footsteps wander around the library and as he got closer to her section, she cursed under her breath and grabbed her belongings.

Ellie walked with a hunch. She also walked with her back against the bookcases and with her Psychology book covering her face. As she saw a chance to make it out the library without being stopped, she decided to go for it. Just before she was about to turn her heel towards the open walkway, she heard a muffled cough near her.

She turned her head to see the royal ginger standing against the bookcases with a smile on his face. Ellie lowered the book and stuffed it back into her bag. She looked up at the Prince and gave him a smile. “Hello.”

“Hello,” he said back, taking a step forward.

“Oh, oh I mean,” she stopped and curtsied in front of him, “hello your Royal Highness.”

He chucked quietly and crossed his arms. Shaking his head, he said, “You really don’t have to do that.”

Ellie laughed quietly after and felt her face get red from the sudden embarrassment she caused for herself. “Really? But, but, you’re Prince Harry.”

Prince Harry nodded, “Yeah, but you can call me Harry. I like it much better.”

“I can? Wow, that’s such an honor. Thank you. Well, it was a pleasure running into you Harry, but I must go now. I’m assuming your tour is over and the girls are leaving?”

“Well,” he started, “I kind of ditched them as soon as we hit the classrooms. I found my way around the campus and saw the library. “

Ellie smiled. “Well I hope you enjoy the library. I absolutely love it here, I’m here every day.”

The two of them made eye contact and smiled once again. Ellie said again, “I must go now. It was nice meeting you Harry.” As she began taking small steps backwards, he gave her a wave and one last smile. Once she turned around, she felt herself smiling as she exited the library. She never knew how incredibly handsome he was up close.

When Ellie made her way to the Main building, she saw Natasha from a far and ran to her. As soon as she reached her, Ellie asked, “Nat, what time is it?”

“It’s almost 3. How was the library?”

Ellie smiled as the two of them walked down the stairs and back to Ellie’s grandparents’ home. She replied, “It was fun.”

“Find out anything interesting? Come across a new book?”

“Yeah, you can say that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be much better, much, MUCH better.