Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

See Me

“Jesus Christ,” mumbled Ellie as she dug through her luggage that was thrown into the walk-in closet. She had organized a study group with a few people from her Sociology class to meet at Starbucks later in the night. She had, yet again, another huge exam to study for and Natasha wasn’t there to help. Nat had left to Germany on holiday with her parents so she was excused from the exam.

“Where the hell is it?” She asked herself. She stood up and rested her hands on her hips, sighing loudly. Her search for her favorite floral tank top was no where to be found. She was sure she packed it because she had worn it the day she arrived.

Ellie paced around her room, folding her clothes and cleaning around the room. She placed her mom’s photo album on the side table alongside her bed. Her eyes averted from the book and it gave her the same feeling she always had whenever something reminded her of her mom which was everything.

It had been a week since she seen the ginger. She neglected the library for the past week since she knew he was going to be there, waiting for her and wanting to talk. Thoughts ran through her mind every time she thought about him. She kept wondering what would happen if she had accepted his offer on a possible date. Would she have been happy? Would he have accepted the fact that books were her life?

Finally, she found the floral top which was hidden underneath her bed. She bent down to pick it up and shook it out, watching dust particles fly off the cloth. She looked at the clock which read 6.30 pm. Sighing, she turned around and shut her bedroom door.

An hour later, Ellie was walking down the main street towards Starbucks. It was nearly 8 o’clock and the street lamps were starting to turn on. From where she was, she spotted the large glass Starbucks windows and her classmates that were sitting around the table. She walked inside and headed straight towards their table.

“I can’t believe we have another exam. Professor has gone mad!” said her close friend, James. He held the school book close to his chest, over exaggerating on his sentence. The group of friends laughed as they drank their coffee and took notes. Thirty minutes into studying, they all had enough information to remember and to make sure they pass the exam so as they finished up; they rested and continued on a conversation.

“So Ellie, were you one of the many girls following around the Prince?” asked another close friend, Morgan.

She shook her head and said, “Never. I’m not one to follow a guy around, even if he was the Prince.” With that she laughed and finished her drink. Deep down, she missed his ginger hair.

“I personally think that all those girls, who think they’ll be lucky, are ridiculous. Why would the Prince of Wales spare some time for a girl from Cardiff?” said another.

The group nodded. “I agree. I mean, I understand William and Kate’s story. He first laid eyes on her at a fashion show. And I think girls who are dreaming of being asked out by Harry are absolutely crazy.”

Ellie sat there, thinking back on what the Prince did. He did try to ask me out, right, she thought. As she looked out the window she saw a Rolls Royce pull up near the curb. Minutes later, the door opened and a foot popped out. “Oh no,” she mumbled.

Prince Harry stepped out of the car and with a private guard following behind he made his way inside the coffee shop. The people inside all gasped as Harry walked passed them, greeting them with a smile. The girl at the front counter smiled widely as he ordered his drink.

“Oh my God, that’s Prince Harry!” Morgan exclaimed.

While he waited, he turned around and started saying something to his bodyguard. Ellie tried to not be seen by him, especially since she knew he would try to come and talk to her. With her hand, she covered her face, sinking low into her seat. Her group of friends asked her, “What are you doing?” and all she said was, “Nothing.”

After a while, Harry’s espresso was finished. He thanked the lady and walked back towards the door. His eyes moved fast from the door to the table Ellie was sitting at and he knew that was her. But he didn’t do anything about it; he left the shop and as he got in the car, he took one glance at the large window. Ellie looked outside, catching his eye and keeping eye contact until he shut the door closed.

“Ellie! You just made eye contact with Prince Harry!” the two other girls giggled at the table. Ellie just sat there and attempted to smile. “Yeah, lucky me,” She said.

She watched the Rolls Royce drive away and wondered if he would come back. As much as she wanted to see the car do a u-turn right in the middle of the road, it didn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)