Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

Lucky Girl

Never in a million years would Ellie imagine herself giving her number to a prince. She would have never even imagined being asked out by a prince either. At the moment, her life was a blur and so dreamlike. She had to take a moment just to breathe. The thing that bothered her though, was how she was going to explain this to her grandparents and to Nat. She couldn’t keep this a secret.

After Ellie and the ginger prince exchanged numbers at the library, he offered to drive her back to her grandparents’ home and she accepted. Once she walked inside, she rushed to her bedroom to ring Nat.

“Don’t freak out, do not freak out,” repeated Ellie. She was pacing around her room, nervous and anxious on how Natasha was going to take the news.

“Brin, just tell me!”

Ellie took a deep breath and said, “Okay. Remember when you told me that Georgia saw Prince Harry walk out of the campus library?” she heard Natasha agreeing to that and continued, “Well the truth is that I did see him. And not only did I see him, but I talked to him and we met again at the library.” By now, Ellie could hear Natasha’s squeals on the other end. “OH MY GOD! CONTINUE!”

“I was at the library earlier today and he came up to and we talked for a while. He was in disguise, of course so nobody but me knew it was him. And well… he invited me to a charity event he was attending tonight. It’s to give books to the local orphanage. Should I really go with him?”

Natasha didn’t even hesitate to answer. “Yes, YES! My God, yes! You have you go! YOU HAVE TO GO! This is Prince Harry we’re talking about. Brin, he’s bloody gorgeous! You’re crazy if you don’t go.”

“Even if it means risking my normality,” Ellie asked.

“Christ, you two aren’t together are you? I don’t think risking normality is important right now. Well, not until you two DO get together. As far as we both know, you both are attending this event as friends. Just be prepared to explain this to the people at school.”

Ellie sighed. That was something she wasn’t prepared for. She wondered what they were going to say, but hopefully they wouldn’t find out. “God, I hope this event isn’t broadcasted.”

The two friends continued their conversation on until 2 pm. Natasha wished the best of luck to Ellie and that she hope it wouldn’t end bitterly. Natasha was actually pretty excited for her best friend. Before they clicked on each other, Ellie made sure Nat wouldn’t say a word and being the best friend she is, Nat replied, “I promise.”

After pacing around her room for the millionth time, Ellie sat down at the foot of her bed and stared out the window. She wondered if she was making the right decision in accepting the prince’s invite. She knew it a little early for this and that there were going to be loads of cameras going off, but she was starting to open up to the guy and she wanted to know where it would go. Therefore, she had to accept.

“Nain… taid, I have to tell you something,” she started. Ellie sat down with her grandparents in the kitchen. They looked at her with confused expressions and before they opened their mouth, Ellie said quickly, “I’ve been invited to a charity event with the Prince of Wales.”

With that being said, her nain and taid looked at each other and slowly, a smile formed on their faces. They looked back at their granddaughter and said to her, “Lovely. We hope you have a wonderful time.”

Ellie stared at them with a blank face. “You two aren’t… mad?”

“Never. Why would we be mad, love? You have a beautiful personality and we’re glad the prince saw that. But please, do explain every detail when you have the time. You seem quite busy with everything.”

“Of course. Thank you two so much. I love you both,” she said, getting up and hugging them tightly. She promised that she would tell them how the prince and she met when she had a day off. She wanted her grandparents to know every little detail that was going on in her life now that she was living with them. And seeing them smile to each other and to her made Ellie’s day even better.

She walked back to her room and into her closet, flinging the unappealing clothes over her shoulder. Since the event was a very casual one, she decided on a taupe colored dress and her nude colored heels. She didn’t want to go too over the top, because she didn’t want to stand out for the paparazzi to notice. Minutes later, she prepared her outfit and laid it out on her bed, smiling as she looked over it. Then, she heard phone beep on her dresser.

Ginger Boy
I will be picking you up tonight at 7.30 (: x

She replied:

Lovely. Can’t wait to see you again x
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOODNESS. Each and every one of you people are amazing! I can't thank you enough for all the amazing feedback. It really is overwhelming. I want to thank the ones that sent me links of other peoples or their Harry stories. Reading every comment makes me smile. AH THANK YOU. This chapter was a bit of a filler. Next chapter will be ALL PRINCE HARRY AND ELLIE.