Status: Active

From L.A. lights to Arizona skies

Time To Go

It was in the middle of soccer practice when it happened. Mr. Swarovski talked to coach Andy, then suddenly coach ended the practice immediately. We all started to worry. Something was wrong I can feel it. I was about to go to the bathroom when coach called me.

"Hey Lexie can you stay for a minute, we need to talk" Coach said with a confused face on

"Sure coach what is it that you wanna talk about? Championships?" I said with a cheerful face

"There is no Championship Lex, well not for you that is" She looked at me with a very sad look in her eyes

"I don't think I get you coach, you're kidding right? I'm the captain how is that possible?" I said with a sarcastic tone

"You're out of the team Lex, your parents decided already, there's nothing we can do about it, as much a I'd love to keep my best player on the team I believe we have to let you go." While she was explaining I can feel my team around me starting to cry and sob.

Why would my parents do this to me? They know I love football! This is my team, my friends, my family for three years I can't believe this. I have to stop this. This is not possible.

"My parents wouldn't do that, coach we can find a way to fix this, we always do! We worked so hard on this, all of us and it won't be ruined by anything or anyone! My team needs me, I wouldn't let you guys down, what kind of a captain would I be if I just leave the team? I love you guys too much and this is our year! Nothing will ever change that"

As I said my piece I can feel the girls walking towards me, they started to hug me and cry on me, I felt so broken but they cheered me up, that's when coach said it.

"Alex there is nothing we can do. I tried everything, I know you all worked hard, especially you, you've been the best captain this team has ever had and we'll never forget that we love you so much that we've decided to let you go" She shed one tear after saying it

"What do you mean there's nothing we can do? we alwa-" Coach cut me off

"You're grandma is sick, you're dropping out of school to help her, you're moving back to Arizona Lexie. How can I stop you from that?" I didn't believe her but she was crying her eyes out like the rest of my team.

Now I know why mom and dad were so weird this morning. Delete that, this whole week. I can never leave my team but I have to be there for my grandma. I made a very brave move and I just accepted it. Who cares if I change schools? What's the difference betweed LA and Arizona? I will be the same girl I am today. And I'll always love my team no matter what, theyll just have to work together without me.

Aparently my team disagrees they started crying louder and louder saying things like, "We'll never win championships without Alex" "We're all doomed" "Let's all quit the team, this is useless" That's when I come in.

"WOULD YOU GUYS JUST SHUT UP!" I shouted at them, I'm still captain aren't I?
They all looked at me like I'm dying or something. They all sat down on the grass. I'm gonna miss this.

"Would you guys just stop crying and whining? I'm not dead okay? And you guys know what? You don't need me in this team, you guys are amazing football players whether I'm in it or not. You just need leadership and that's when I come in. But since I'm leaving, I'm giving the responsibility to Georgia"

Georgia's my best friend she's our keeper and I bet she has the capabilities of being a good captain. She hugged me and they all started cheering. Then they all hugged me one by one.

"We're gonna miss you Alex, I can't believe we're all losing our best friend" Georgia's making me feel so sad right now.

"If you guys have any problems just call me okay? I'm gonna miss all of you"

"Our baby's growing up, I can't believe it! We're gonna miss you kiddo, You're the best captain ever" Kate shouted and they all started laughing. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO LEAVE THEM?

They call me the "baby" of the team since I'm the youngest. I know it's weird but I've been the captain ever since I tried out when I was a freshman. Coach said I had "potential". They all used to hate me but when they saw the real me that's when we started to be a great team and a family as well. I went up to coach to say my goodbyes.

"Coach thank you for everything, You're like the sister I never had" I hugged her, that's when I started crying

"You know what Alex, the moment I saw you play on that field I knew you'd be great, that's why you're the captain right? You know you're like a sister to me too right? Besides if you have any problem in Arizona you can just call or e-mail me, If that's okay with you?" She hugged me back and started to wipe my tears

"Thanks coach I needed that, but don't you blame me when your phone starts beeping every minute" We both start to laugh

"It's not like you haven't done it before right? Besides I'm glad to help you with your boy problems" She knows everything

"I love you coach, Just tell Georg to keep the team in place? You know the team gets really lazy sometimes right?" I said while hugging her one last time

"Will do kiddo, love ya too, say hi to your grandma for me okay?" She said with a smile on her face

I didn't look back. I fixed up all my things. We're leaving the house we've stayed in for three years. I'm finally leaving LA. I'm gonna miss this. But inside I know that I miss Arizona too. I'm happy to come back home. Back to the place where I grew up with my grandma and my old friends. This is gonna be a long drive.

Goodbye LA.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!
I really like this story. I already written like 5 chapters and I might update everyday so stay tuned! I'll be posting chapter 2 in 5 minutes :-)