Status: Active

From L.A. lights to Arizona skies

Home is where your heart is

"Deborah Alexandria Sobel, we don't speak to our guests in that way. Where are your manners? I apologize John, she can be too agressive at times. She needs Anger management classes" my grandmother said, I miss her bossy-ness.

"I can totally see that" John agreed. This guy is such a know-it-all.
I didn't mind him. I rushed towards my Nana and gave her the biggest hug and kiss I ever gave my whole life! I missed her so so so much!

"NANA!! I've missed you so much! How are you? You look so healthy and happy! I love you nana!" I told her

"I've missed you too sweetie, I'm doing good, you see these boys took care of me while you were gone. Especially John here, he's a keeper. I love you too sweet pea" she called me by the nick name she gave me. She gave me a kiss on the forehead.
Wait what? John? Taking care of nana? whatever.

"My, my Debbie you look gorgeous. You've grown so much. No wonder you were nominated as prom queen! You look stunning sweet pea" My nana hugged me even tighter. Her compliments make my day.

"Prom queen? really? You didn't win?" Pat asked me

"I was nominated, Prom's tomorrow but I'd gladly miss it just to see my Nana" I said winking at her

"Aww that's the sweetest thing ever" Kennedy said

"I bet you'd be prom queen, but to be honest I hate prom. Unless it's a zombie prom" What a typical Garrett response

"You don't need a crown to prve that you're pretty dear, you are beatiful to all of us" Nana said while fixing my hair

"No arguments with that" John whispered thinking I wouldn't hear, but luckily he's right beside me.

"What? Did you say something?" I pretended that I didn't hear anything

"Nothing" He answeres. Oh my gosh did he just blush?

"We have a lot of catching up to do nana, but I really have to eat first I'm so hungry I could eat bitter gourd" I said while rushing to the kitchen

"Hey Debbie! I heard lasagna makes you fat and bossy?" John made fun of me. AGAIN.
This guy is too much. I can't even. Whatever. I saw my parents talking to grandpa.

"Wow debs you look so grown up and pretty" Grandpa said

"Thanks Grandpa! I missed you so much" I said pulling him into a hug

"Hey Deb can you and the guys go out and buy these things for me?" Mom handed me piece of paper that had a long list of stuff to buy.

8 boxes of pizza
3 platters of homemade pasta from Annie's
2 cases of beer
1 bottle of champagne
1 box of wine
Hawaiian Punch (for the kids)

I was confused and my dad could see that so he explained.

"There's a party tonight, we're throwing it. You guys head to your room after dinner is finished so the adults could talk" he said while giving me cash.

"Alright dad, whatever you say" I said while giving him a smirk
I headed back to the living room. They were all talking. Something caught my eye. John and Nana looks like they're having the time of their lives. Maybe he isn't so bad after all. Welp what am I thinking?

"Okay so who'll drive me to the mall and help me shop for all these things?" I asked them

They all agreed to go with me and said that they'll be glad to show me around. The only problem was we couldn't fit in one car so we just split into two groups. Jared, Gar and Kennedy. Me, Pat and John. Since nana doesn't trust me to drive she asked John to drive for me and Pat tagged along. She's right. I have a record for wrecking cars.
We all decided tht tonight was a movie night. We all get to pick a movie each which is cool.

I decided to split the list. The three of us will buy the pasta, wine, champagne, hawaiian punch and snacks for the movie while the other three will get the beer, pizza and pasta. Yup we got the wasy job today. Don't blame me, Pat's the one who didn't wanna carry platters of pasta and boxes of pizza.

We all got into the car, John sat on the driver's seat while I took shotgun. Pat sat on the back with a defeated face. HA I always get shotgun.
John turned the radioo on. Oasis was on, apparently it was one of my faves so I decided to sing along.

"And after all, you're my wonderwall" John was looking at me while I was singing. It was weird s I decided to talk.

"Is there a problem with my horrible singing John? Keep your eyes on the road please I don't wanna die early" I said to him

"Horrible? You sound like an angel, too bad you don't act like one" He said while laughing

"Was that a compliment or an insult?" I said while playfully punching his arm

"Fine I'm sorry, Your voice is wonderful okay?" He said. I blushed it was embarrassing okay.

"Didnt you know that Debbie used to be the lead singer of the church's choir?" Pat asked him

" never knew that until now, you should sing more often Debbie" He said with an optimistic smile

"No thank you, been there done that" but I do miss singing, I just didn't want them to know.

The tension became awkward so John decided to speak up. This guy doesn't seem so bad at all. I'm starting to get used to his cocky-ness actually.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John

I was talking to gramps a while ago and she told me how Debbie didn't change and that she was happy. She said she looked gorgeous, and I totally agree with her. I kind of accidentally told her she was pretty a while ago and I saw her blush, then I started to blush. I'm such a wuss I know. Guys don't blush, what is happenning to me? Gramps told me to do my moves on Debbie but I just laughed at her saying, I won't do anything stupid to her because I actually think I may have ashot with her, if that makes any sense.
Debbie got back and asked us if someone could drive her to the mall. We all decided to go with her and grams asked me to drive for her and I said yes. Looks like Debbie isn't good with cars. She took shotgun and Pat sat on the back looking like a total wuss. Imagine a girl beating a guy at shotgun. Good thing I was driving because she could've beaten me too. I turned on the radio and Oasis was on.

Debbie sang along and she sounded wonderful, she sounded like an angel. She was even better than Hayley and believe me Hayley's voice is fantastic, but she sounded so different. So innocent and pure. I'm not good with words so I tried to compliment her but it came out like an insult. Good thing I told her it was a compliment or she'd be hating me even more. I found out that she used to be the church choir's lead singer. It got really awkward so I opened up a topic.

"So what flavor of popcorn do you wanna get for tonight?" I asked her out of the blue

"I don't really eat popcorn at movies" She said. Well that's new. This girl never fails to surprise me.

"Oh really now? You are so different. What'll you eat then?" I asked her with a smug

"sour patch kids and gummi candies" She replied while giggling how cute

"That's new, and cute" I sounded really stupid

"Well don't hate me for being weird, I just make the world more interesting" She said giving off a laugh

"I never said that, I like weird girls, they're more fun and interesting" I tried to flirt, man I'm a failure at life

I saw her blush though. That was a good sign right?

Then pat interrupted our moment once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
New update! Sorry it took too long haha. Man, pat is the biggest cockblocker ever! So this is where all the flirtyness begins! I swear the next chapter is my favorite! More John and debbie flirting! It's really cute I can't wait to post it. Feel free to comment :-----)