Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

10

Five on the dot and Olivia entered the café that seemed to keep bringing her back. She now noticed the name: Juicy Joe’s she didn’t even bother to think how the title could be taken suggestively. The bell dinged, informing the whole café of her arrival. Olivia had left Lula with her Dad, Ted for the afternoon as Olivia went for her ‘job interview”. Ryan, who had started his shift about an hour ago and was making drinks for table six, noticed the beautiful blonde that walked in.
“Olivia!” he called, grabbing her attention. She walked over to the counter nervously, and wringed her hands, false of habit.
“Joe will be right out, just sit tight yeah?” Ryan reassured her, and flashed her quick smile before getting back to work. Olivia waited patiently, her stomach in knots. She felt someone tap her shoulder, and she turned around to come face to face with a rather handsome, he didn’t look that old.
“Hello there, you’re Olivia am I right?” he says, Olivia detecting an accent of some sort, she couldn’t quite place it.
“Yeah, and you must be Joe, pleasure to meet you.” Olivia said politely, holding a hand out. Joe chuckled, Olivia didn’t understand why. Joe took her hand, and he wasn’t surprised to find her hands were exceptionally soft.
“Likewise, so shall we step into the office upstairs?” Joe said in a teasing tone. Olivia still didn’t understand, so just nodded. Olivia tried to guess his age, she was going to say mid-twenties. Joe led up her upstairs to his flat which substituted to his office at times. Joe tended to deal with paperwork in his living room. Olivia then realized, that this interview wasn’t going to be formal.
“Ah, the office.” She muttered, feeling rather silly. Joe chuckled again, and smirked at her.
“Yeah, I don’t have a real one. Sorry for teasing you.” He drawled, and Olivia gave a slight smile to let him know she was alright with it. Joe smiled again, and he couldn’t help think but how gorgeous Olivia looked, her golden blonde hair in light curls, her stunning brown eyes that reminded him of chocolate, and Joe loves chocolate. He then realized though, she was much younger than him and nothing should or could happen. He went into his small kitchenette, and asked Olivia if she would like a cup of tea.
“Um…” she said, confused as what she should say.
“Tea for two it is then…” he decided for them both and got out two cups, putting two tea bags in. Joe asked if she would like sugar, an Olivia declined again.
“So, while the kettle is boiling…shall we talk in the living room?” Joe offered, hands in his pockets. Olivia nodded, feeling so shy. Joe smiled encouragingly and led her into the living room, the place was a bit of a mess, cups on the side, magazines piled messily in the corner, the Xbox controllers on the floor, an some washing was on a clothes horse. Olivia noticed there was some bright red lingerie on there too.
“So Olivia….do you prefer a different name?” Joe asked, as he sat casually on the sofa, cursing himself for not tidying the flat earlier.
“Um, you can call me with Liv if you want.” Olivia mumbled, wringing her hands again. Joe noticed how nervous the young woman was and exhaled softly.
“Okay, Liv…tell me a bit about yourself.” Joe said he wanted to get past the awkwardness.
“What you mean?” Olivia asked confused, her heart pacing quicker.
Joe smiled. “Like are you a natural blonde? How old are you? What star sign are you? What are your Hobbies? Education?” Joe said, listing things off the top of his head. Olivia could hear the clock behind him ticking, loudly.
“I-“ Olivia faltered, she felt physically sick.
“Okay, let’s try it this way. My name is Joseph Thomas Braxton, I’m currently 26 years old, I’m a Libra, yes this is my natural hair colour, I enjoy playing on the Xbox and running this place, I’m single, I’ve been to high school, I’ve passed, I’ve been to college and passed, I got a degree in Business, I started my own café because I felt like it, and my favourite food is pizza, but I hate anchovies.” Joe said in one go, it made Olivia smile as he was trying so hard to make her feel comfortable.
After about thirty seconds of silence. “My name is Olivia May Jones, I’m 19 and I’m a Gemini, and yeah I’m a natural blonde, I like shopping and watching Ugly Betty, I aspire to be a writer or something to do with it, I graduated high school, I went to college but I’ve had to take time out due to personal things, I want to get married someday, my favourite food is pasta and I hate beetroot.” Olivia replied, and within a second Joe smiled, chuckling.
“Why you want to the job Liv?” Joe asked curiously.
“I need the money.” Olivia replied honestly. Joe nodded, understanding. It was a minute of silence this time before Joe finally spoke.
“So, when can you start?” Joe said, an Olivia sighed with relief, like a huge pressure had gone. Olivia gave a weak smile.
“Anytime.” She replied, feeling extremely grateful.
Joe saw the glint of hope in her eyes, and felt satisfied. “Let’s do a trial now, just for an hour. Then we can sort out a schedule for you. Pleasure to have you on my team.” He said, and then he went and made the tea, leaving Olivia to think. She finally had a job. When Joey returned, he talked to Olivia like they were long lost friends, talking about musical tastes, films; anything except their personal lives and Olivia appreciated more than Joe would ever know.
--
“Lula! Aunty Liv got a job!” Olivia told the little girl, excitedly as they were driving home. Lula giggled, and it made Olivia’s heart soar with pride.
“I think we should celebrate, what you think babe?” Olivia asked, and Lula grinned, nodding her head eagerly.
“Alright then, what about Pizza Express?” Olivia said, an Lula grinned wider, she adored pizza. Olivia chuckled
“Good, a margarita for me, and a Hawaiian for you. Just like your mother…” Olivia said, not realizing what she said. Anna had loved Hawaiian pizza, and Olivia had found it disgusting, seeing as she firmly believed pineapple and cheese shouldn’t be served together. Lula didn’t smile so brightly anymore, an Olivia sighed.
“Your Mummy loved Hawaiian pizza Lula, just like you.” Olivia said softly, as she changed gear.
“Aunty Liv, is there pizza in heaven?” Lula asked suddenly, looking directly at Olivia, her brown eyes staring into Olivia’s.
Olivia smiled slightly. “There better be, or you’re Mummy won’t be happy.” She said, and Lula giggled softly.

“Mummy and Daddy are happy in heaven.” Lula said, and it took Olivia’s willpower to not ask Lula how she knew such a thing. Lula, contently stared out the window thinking of her Mummy and Daddy, thinking how happy they must be in heaven with Hawaiian Pizza. It’s just a shame, because she missed them so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not getting much feedback, please comment :)
Don't be a silent reader :) <3