Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

17

--
“Lula, sweetie…” Olivia called softly, as she waited to hear Lula’s feet come into the kitchen.
A few minutes went by. Still no noise. “Lula!” Olivia shouted properly, and awaited. Still no answer, Olivia turned around and saw Lula was not there, nor loitering by the door.
“Tallulah!” Olivia shouted, for some reason feeling panicked. For some reason, whenever Tallulah was not in her sight, or known where she is. Olivia panicked.
“Tallulah, come on…dinner!” Olivia shouted again, glancing at the clock. It was six o clock, Lula knew they ate at this time. Olivia tried once more: “Tallulah, come here now!” Olivia ordered, and waited. Fed up, she stormed into the living room, no sign of the little girl. Olivia huffed, and went to go glance into the bedroom, but froze. She didn’t need to, as the front door was open.
“TALLULAH!” she screamed, her heart racing. Olivia ran to the door, almost slipping. The door had been unlocked, and Lula was bound to have gone out. Damn it.
“Fuck, fuck, fuck!” she screams, grabbing her grey pumps, pulling them on viciously, running into the kitchen, turning the hob off and the oven before running out the house, locking as fast as she could.
“TALLULAH!” Olivia shouted, and ran down the stairs, screaming for the little girl. On the first floor, a bloke came out. She had never seen him before, he was carrying a newborn baby.
“Keep it down love, me and the missus are trying to put this one to bed.” He said, slightly annoyed.
“You have to help me, have you seen a three year old girl at all? Brown hair, brown eyes…most likely carrying a teddy bear!” Olivia cried frantically.
The bloke realized what must have happened and stared pitifully. “No love, sorry….she couldn’t have gone far-“ but Olivia was already away, running to the lobby. She panted for breath, as she ran outside, it was harshly cold.
“TALLULAH!” she screamed. It echoed, despite the loud noise. People stared at her like she was insane, and she was going to be soon if she didn’t see the little girl. Olivia looked left right, no trace so took a leap, and went right.
She shouted, and she cried, sobbing for the girl. “Lula!” she cried, she asked stand-byers if they had seen the gorgeous girl, no sign. Olivia finally found a telephone box, using a reverse call, and called the first person she thought of: Ryan.
“Hello?” he drawled as he answered.
“Ryan! You’ve got to help me, Lula’s…she’s gone!” Olivia screamed, crying half way through.
“What! How?” Ryan yelled, confused and panicked.
“The door was unlocked, she got out somehow. Oh god Ryan, she could be dead!” Olivia sobbed, and almost collapsed at the thought.
“Okay, look she must be nearby. Where are you?” Ryan tried to remain calm.
“I’m just on tenth street, I have no idea-“
“Look, go to Willington Road, there’s a small bistro on the corner. I’ll meet you there I’m only two minutes away. I’ll call the police, just get there.” Ryan ordered, and he hung up. Olivia quickly scrambled out, and ran as fast as she could, pushing past people. Some guy tried to have a go, but she was gone before he could have the chance too. As Olivia was running, it began to rain and soon the wind picked up.
“Lula…” Olivia cried, as she saw the street she was aiming for. She saw the light of the bistro, and went for it. Ryan was there, standing outside on the phone. Olivia hugged him without notice, clinging to him for dear life and cried against him.
“Ryan, help me, please help me.” She sobbed, as the rain hit her, feeling like needles every time. Ryan hugged her desperately, worried as she shivered uncontrollably. When the police had been informed, they told them to look in the obvious places. Lula didn’t know her way around London, she couldn’t have.
They looked everywhere, everywhere they could think of. Olivia rang everyone, Cal, Eddie, her mother Jules, Ted and even Theresa, no one had seen her. They all however, chipped in with the search. It was madness, Olivia couldn’t think, nor breathe. She wouldn’t cope, she wouldn’t cope with Lula’s death, if it had happened. Olivia would kill herself without hesitation, no question asked.
“This is all my fault-“ Olivia sobbed, as she and Ryan were going back to the flat to look around the building for the fourth time. It was now almost ten o ‘clock, Lula had been missing for four hours. It was raining still and quite cold.
“Don’t blame yourself Liv, Lula got out herself and knowing her she probably unlocked the door-“
“I should have been more careful. I should have- she could be dead Ryan! It’s so dangerous out there!” Olivia cried.
“Olivia! Listen to me, you can’t panic now. Keep it together, we’ll find her-“
“How do you know?” Olivia screamed. Ryan held her arms tightly.
“Because Lula would never leave you.” He said forcefully, and then let her go hesitantly. Olivia breathed in deeply. She tried to get into Lula’s mind, where would she go? Where would she need to go so urgently, so desperately that she would leave without a trace?
“I’VE GOT IT!” Olivia screamed so loud, it echoed and she sprinted out the block of flats, Ryan chasing after her, demanding to know what she meant. Olivia ignored him and ran for the curb, screaming a taxi. She jumped in, Ryan shortly following and blurted out a unfamiliar address to Ryan. When he arrived however, it all clicked.
The cemetery.
It was fifteen-walk away from the flats, and a five minute drive. It wasn’t technically in the city, in fact just the start of the suburbs. It was also where Anna and Jacob had been buried.
Olivia almost leaped out the taxi when it stopped at the gate, and ran to the graves she had in her mind. Her best friend, and her boyfriend.
“Tallulah!” Olivia cried, wrapping Ryan’s jacket around her tightly. He had given it to her when they had first met up earlier, to keep her warm.
“Lula, please….” Olivia called, as she searched for the distinctive girl, it was dark ad difficult to see. The wind howled, and the rain calmed down slightly but still Olivia needed to see her, and hold her close. She was going to lose her otherwise.
When she finally reached the grave, she saw the shivering, tiny body curled up in front of the two graves, and crying loudly.
“Mummy come back! Daddy!” Lula screamed in what seemed agony and Olivia’s heart broke, to think she foolishly believed that Lula was doing okay, that Lula was just fine…Olivia slowly walked up behind the girl, and kneeled down behind her. Lula heard her and leaned back, curling up against her.
“It’s okay Lula, I’m here…” Olivia ushered, as she manoeuvred Lula, and hugged her so tightly, Lula couldn’t breathe slightly. The little girl sobbed and Olivia’s heart broke, each second she felt like a failure.
“Where’s Mummy!” Lula screamed, and clenched her fists on Olivia’s skin, her nails digging in. Olivia didn’t wince, instead kept hugging her. Whispering comforts repeatedly.
---
“We’ve checked her over Miss. Jones, Tallulah doesn’t have any traces of hyperthermia, or even a fever. If anything, she’s just exhausted and in need for a warm bed, and a hot drink.” The kind doctor told Olivia. Ryan and her had taken a hysterical Lula to the ER room to get her checked over, and everyone involved was informed of Lula’s appearance. Now, they were on their way home.
It was late, well early morning. Joey had told Olivia not to come in for work, and have the day off, and Ryan booked his day off to care for the two females. Olivia however did not know this until they reached the flat.
“She’s out like a light.” Olivia murmured, as she unlocked the door, watching as Ryan held the small girl, wrapped in Ryan’s coat.
“I think she’s drooling a bit….” Ryan teased, and Olivia giggled. She opened the door slowly, and let them in. Olivia felt drained, as she led Ryan in the bedroom, excusing the mess.
“Just lay her down here….” Olivia said, and Ryan did just that. Ryan then stepped back and allowed Olivia to dress Lula in her pyjamas, while she was still unconscious. Ryan obviously looked away, and instead glanced around the room, spotting photographs of Olivia old life. However, when Lula was dress, Ryan watched as Olivia tenderly tucked her in, kissing her goodnight and whispering a “I love you.” Ryan was touched, but he also saw what a great mother Olivia was….
“You’re a natural.” He complimented softly, as they exited the bedroom. Olivia pulling the door shut.
“Nah, Anna was always the motherly one, despite her crazy antics.” Olivia said dismissively.
“So, hectic night huh?” he joked, and Olivia gave a humourless laugh.
“Very. I need new locks…” Olivia said to herself mostly.
“I can do that for you…” Ryan offered, and Olivia smiled, yet didn’t reply.
“Well thanks for-“
“I’m staying by the way, here tonight. I want to make sure your okay.” Ryan interrupted, and Olivia stopped talking.
“Ryan don’t be ridiculous, I’m fine-“
“Olivia, you’ve just had a panic attack after losing Tallulah. Please, just stop being so stubborn and let me look after you…please?” Ryan practically begged. Olivia sighed, too exhausted to argue.
“Fine, but don’t tidy up or anything. Look, you mind sleeping on the sofa?” Olivia said, getting irritable. Ryan shook his head.
“I’ll be fine, just go to bed yeah?” he insisted, and without any more comebacks, Olivia smiled.
“Thank you so much, for everything Ryan. I think without you, I would have gone insane tonight.” Olivia said, appreciating his help more then he thought Ryan nodded.
“You’re welcome Liv, anytime.”
“Goodnight.” She yawned, and shuffled back into the bedroom.
“Goodnight Olivia.” Ryan said, although she had already gone. Ryan fell asleep with a smile on his face, and for some reason. Olivia slept….the entire morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go, I think we needed some drama... ahaa :)
What you think? Please provide feedback.
I did my English Lit Exam today, I think I failed -_-
But never fear, I always have Mibba haha, also a special shoutout to:
star ;
chameleon

You two have been so supportive, thank you so much! <333