Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

19

“Okay, that’s a cheese burger, banana shake, and a teacake for table 12, and a coffee and cake for table 3” Olivia listed off to the chef. Ryan scooted past her, brushing up against her.
“Hey pretty girl, how are you?” Ryan flirted, and Olivia smiled. It was about three days after the whole Lula disappearance incident, and oddly enough, Olivia was feeling positive. She rarely took her pills now, because she had Ryan. They weren’t dating or official but Olivia didn’t care, as she finally had a friend, that she happened to have slight feelings for.
Olivia was confused, enough to say. She knew she shouldn’t even think of having a relationship right now, with everything that had been happening. But when she was with Ryan, it seemed a majority of the pain she held up inside, went away.
“Hey slackers, I don’t pay you to do gooey eyes at one another. Olivia get out there and serve, Ryan stop flirting with my girl…” Joey teased, an Olivia rolled her eyes but as she was asked. Ryan felt oddly jealously at the thought of Olivia and Joey dating, but instead got back to work.
It was finally the end of their shift, Olivia was just about to get into her car when Ryan caught up with her.
“Hey Livvy?” he called softly, making her heart flutter faster.
“Yeah?” she said, turning, her blonde hair waved in the wind.
“Do you think we could have dinner tonight?” he asked hopefully. Olivia chuckled.
“How about you come over tonight? It’s pasta night.” She said, and Ryan grinned.
“I’ll be there at seven then.” He promised, and Olivia loved the sound of sincerity in his voice. Olivia got in her car, buckling up and made her way to the nursery, with a smile on her face.
---
Lula was hugging Olivia’s legs, the radio was on quietly. Taylor Swift was playing, and the smell of herbs was in the air, as the pasta sauce simmered. Lula was tired today, she had been finger-painting today and almost pushed a kid over by accident, she confessed this on the way home.
“You alright sweetie?” Olivia asked calmly, as she turned the heat down further. Lula nodded silently.
“Aunty Liv, can we dance?” Lula’s voice said suddenly, so sweet and innocently. Olivia untangled Lula from her legs, and took her tiny hands in her own ones.
“Of course we can princess…” Olivia murmured, and then glanced at the radio, she turned the song up and let the music play. The soft melody of guitar, and the young teen’s voice. It was sweet, slow and beautiful. Olivia took Lula’s hands again, and they gently stepped side-to-side. Lula watching her feet, making sure she didn’t mess up and Olivia watching the little girl in admiration. Lula’s hair was long now, and curlier, it was darker too. Anna’s dark hair, something Olivia envied as a child. Lula’s pale skin, something she also inherited from her mother. Anna often complained of never getting a good tan.
“I do remember swinging your step, life of the party, you’re showing off again. I’d roll my eyes-“
Olivia twirled the girl, and she giggled gently. “Look at you go…” Olivia chuckled, twirling her twice more. Lula laughed, and fell slightly against Olivia. The older girl picked Lula up, and balanced her on her hip, and swayed, as Lula buried her head in Olivia’s neck.
The song slowly ended, and Olivia closed her eyes for a second, thanking god for giving Anna the most beautiful gift, then thanking Anna for trusting her with this gift.
The buzzer went off, and Olivia’s eyes shot open. “You want to answer?” she offered, and Lula nods. Olivia walked over to the buzzer, and presses the button.
“HELLO!” Lula bellowed, laughing.
“Hey beautiful girl, can you get your gorgeous aunt to open the door for me?” Ryan’s voice boomed back.
“Aunty Liv, he called you gorgeous!” Lula shrieked happily.
“I know, he tells good lies don’t he baby?” Olivia teased, and pressed the enter button. Lula slid down, and toddled off to the living room. Their tender moment was over.
Ryan looked gorgeous himself, as Olivia answered the door, embraced by his warm, strong body. He was wet slightly, it was raining outside. He shrugged his jacket off, and followed Olivia in. He had a bottle of red wine in his hand.
“Ooh, I like you….” Olivia said, and Ryan laughed.
“Why thank you-“
“I was talking to the wine.” Olivia joked, and they both laughed. Lula stood there confused.
“Aunty Liv, can I watch cartoons?” Lula asked hopefully. Olivia smiled.
“Sure, just keep it down yeah.” And Lula ran off to watch her beloved animations. Olivia went into the kitchen, and turned down the radio.
“Something smells good.” Ryan said, breathing in the air appreciatively.
“Thanks, its called pasta a la Marks & Spencer’s” Olivia joked, and Ryan chuckled.
“Well still, looks good…but not as good as you. You look beautiful.” Ryan charmed, and Olivia glanced down at herself. She was wearing a denim shirt/dress, it reached to her knees, and it had a nice sweeping neckline, but not too bearing. She was yet again wearing a brown leather belt around her tiny waist. Her hair was in tendrils down her back, and she even had some makeup on, but it wasn’t all that, which was making her beautiful…
“It’s your smile you know, you look happy.” Ryan confessed, walking a bit closer to her. The romantic tension between them grew.
“I am happy. Well kind of. I’m better at least.” Olivia admitted, turning back around and stirring the sauce. She suddenly felt him behind her, her warm body almost wrapped around her. She shivered at the proximity. His hand was on her waist, the other on the counter, closing her in against him.
“I’m glad you know…I love seeing you smile.” Ryan whispers softly, his lips right by her right ear.
Olivia’s eyes closed, her heart almost beating out of her chest, and she felt like she was shaking.
“Ryan.” She said faintly.
His lips went on her neck, almost bursting heat into her. Then he moved back, and she suddenly felt cold. Olivia’s eyes opened suddenly, and she went back to her cooking.
“Livvy. I wet myself.” Lula’s voice said, and their romantic moment was ruined.
----
After clearing Lula’s mess up, and changing her. Ryan had served their dinner, and they ate together, and Olivia ate every ounce, as she felt hungry.
They talked, joked and laughed over dinner, and Lula watched as her Aunty smiled whenever Ryan touched her slightly or smiled widely at her. Lula liked that Ryan made Aunt Liv happy.
When it reached about nine o’ clock, Lula was fast asleep in bed, and Ryan and Olivia had talked for a long time about anything. Ryan decided to make his farewell, as he had work tomorrow. Olivia however didn’t.
“Well thank you for a great night…” Ryan said softly, as Olivia walked him to the door, she opened it and smiled slightly.
“You’re welcome, besides I’ve owed you.” Olivia replied. Ryan leaned in slightly, and pecked her cheek.
“Well consider us even.” He said.
“Goodnight Ryan.” Olivia said, as he stepped out.
“Goodnight Olivia, sweet dreams.” He called, and walked down the stairs.
And the funny thing is, Olivia did in fact have sweet dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another progress of their relationship, what you think?
Thank you again to all those who have commented, you are amazing seriously <333
Oh and the song is called Last Kiss by Taylor Swift, look it up! :)