Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

21

“Can you believe it! That damn woman bought Lula some bloody bed sheets, then tells me she’s going to bloody sue me!” Olivia ranted, angrily down her mobile. She tried to keep quiet, but her hormones were raging.
“Is she even allowed to do this?” Ryan replied calmly.
“I don’t know! The Will specifically said I was in the one in charge of her custody. Not her, that conniving little-” Olivia froze.
“Lula what you doing sweetie?” Olivia said, as Lula had makeup had all over her face. Olivia’s makeup.
“I want to be a big girl like you.” Lula replied innocently, the blusher making her look like a clown. Olivia’s anger disappeared, and she giggled.
“Oh babe, it’s just not your colour.” She teased. Ryan listened in, as he relished in her laughter.
“Oh…” Lula whined, extremely disappointed.
“You know something? I think you look beautiful without the makeup.” Olivia said, leading her into the bathroom, phone at her ear.
“What she done?” Ryan laughed.
“Used my makeup to look ‘older’” Olivia explained and smiled sweetly at the confused girl.
“Aw bless. Well look, I have to go. My shift finishes in like an hour, want me to come over?” Ryan offered. Olivia smiled, her stomach fluttering at the idea.
“Yeah, you know bring some pizza. I’ll pay you when you get here…” Olivia said, and Ryan chuckled.
“You’re using my friendship as a delivery service!” he mocked, pretending to be offended.
“Hawaiian please…” she said, and hung up laughing. Then began to wash off the stuff Lula had pasted on herself.
Later, when they had eaten pizza and Lula entertained herself by having a tea party, privately in their bedroom. Allowing Ryan and Olivia to talk privately about what had happened earlier.
“So, she just said it, right out?” Ryan asked, as he sipped his coffee. Olivia nodded.
“Yeah, and I hate her. I actually hate her.” Olivia snapped. Ryan sighed.
“Livvy, don’t get so worked up. She won’t win.” Ryan assured her.
“You don’t know that…” Olivia argued quietly. Ryan put his coffee down, and reached out his hand, and patted Olivia’s upright knee, as she sat curled up.
“Liv, trust me. The court won’t do anything unless they find a logical reason as to why you shouldn’t be guardian to Lula.” Ryan explained. Olivia sighed, and slowly, so slowly, rolled up her sleeve, revealing the ugly, hideous scar that traced across her wrist. Each day reminding her of the mistake she had done.
Ryan didn’t react, as he saw the line, the permanent mark. Olivia’s eyes watered, thinking of how she felt when she did this to herself.
“What if-“ she sniffed.
“What if, they think I’m suicidal? What if they take away from me?” Olivia asked, her voice croaking, and a slow tear falling out of her eyes. Ryan’s heart crushed, as he saw the tears.
“Liv, you’re not suicidal.” He whispered softly, and then took her hand, the hand at the end of her scarred wrist. He ever so gently, placed his thumb on one end, wrapping his large hand around his wrist, and then lightly, that even it tickled, traced the scar. Olivia watched, blinking tears as he stroked her scar.
“I didn’t know what I was thinking.” She said, her voice raspy, sniffing.
“You were hurting. You were grieving.” Ryan murmured. Olivia wiped her tear away with her free hand.
“I still am.” She said softly.
Ryan looked in her eyes, those beautiful eyes. “Olivia, you’re grieving still, but you’re moving on, slowly…” he whispered like it was a secret. Olivia looked at him, wanting to do nothing but kiss him, and hold him, and thank him for coming into her life.
Ryan then lifted her wrist up gently, bringing his warm, soft lips to the scar. He kissed it for a couple of seconds. Then looked back at her.
“No matter what, scars and all. Olivia, you’re beautiful and you are a brilliant guardian to Lula.” He said, and then held her hand properly. Their fingers interlinked, and Olivia squeezed his hand lightly.
“Thank you.” She whispered, gratefully. Ryan smiled slightly, and nodded.
“Anytime, Anywhere” he said, and he meant every word.
---
“Sorry I’m late.” Olivia apologised, as she saw Evan leaning on the bonnet of his car outside the block of flats. It was a nice area, Olivia had noticed. There were property security cameras, and it looked nice and tidy.
“Only five minutes.” Evan reassured, and Olivia gave an apologetic smile. She hoisted her bag on her shoulder, and followed Evan as he unlocked the main door.
“Okay, so you have your intercom here obviously.” He said, and showed her in. The lobby was much bigger, and there were pigeon holes for her mail.
“The flat is on floor 2, so not much of a walk.” Evan said, as he clicked the lift button up. Within seconds, Evan was opening up the flat, number 6. It had a white door, and when Olivia walked in, something clicked. Looking around the house, it was spacious, light and comfortable enough, the rooms were big, and the bathroom was nice too. It was perfect for her and Lula.
“Wow, this is really…perfect. “Olivia commented, as she did one last view of the living room.
“Ah, I’m pleased. The rent is one fifty a week.” He said. Olivia’s eye widened. She couldn’t afford that. She just couldn’t/
“Oh well, it’s a shame…”
“I’m sure however-“ he interrupted.
“If we talk to the landowner, we could sort out a deal?” Evan offered, and Olivia smiled, nodding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, feedback!?? <3