Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

22

“Sorry I’m late.” Olivia apologised, as she saw Evan leaning on the bonnet of his car outside the block of flats. It was a nice area, Olivia had noticed. There were property security cameras, and it looked nice and tidy.
“Only five minutes.” Evan reassured, and Olivia gave an apologetic smile. She hoisted her bag on her shoulder, and followed Evan as he unlocked the main door.
“Okay, so you have your intercom here obviously.” He said, and showed her in. The lobby was much bigger, and there were pigeon holes for her mail.
“The flat is on floor 2, so not much of a walk.” Evan said, as he clicked the lift button up. Within seconds, Evan was opening up the flat, number 6. It had a white door, and when Olivia walked in, something clicked. Looking around the house, it was spacious, light and comfortable enough, the rooms were big, and the bathroom was nice too. It was perfect for her and Lula.
“Wow, this is really…perfect. “Olivia commented, as she did one last view of the living room.
“Ah, I’m pleased. The rent is one fifty a week.” He said. Olivia’s eye widened. She couldn’t afford that. She just couldn’t.
“Oh well, it’s a shame…”
“I’m sure however-“ he interrupted.
“If we talk to the landowner, we could sort out a deal?” Evan offered, and Olivia smiled, nodding.
---
“Liv! What you doing here?” Eddie said surprised, as his sister and Lula turned up at the Jones’s household. Olivia gave a slight smile.
“Is Mum in?” Olivia asked cautiously, it was time to make amends. Eddie’s smile dropped slightly.
“Yeah, she’s in the kitchen. Dad’s out…” Eddie said, Olivia nodded. She led Lula in, and Eddie shut the door behind them.
“Eddie, who is it?” Julie’s voice called from the kitchen, and Olivia made her way in, Julia was at the kettle, her back to them.
“Julie.” Lula’s voice said excitedly, she remembered Julie. Julie was nice, and gave Lula lollipops.
Julie turned around slowly, and her mouth parted slightly. “Liv…” she said faintly, she hadn’t seen her daughter in months, and now here she was. Olivia felt all emotional, like any moment she was going to cry. Eddie noticed, and encouraged Lula to follow him, they had some old toys somewhere for her.
Olivia took this moment alone with her mother, to do what was right. “Oh Mum, I’m so sorry…” she exclaimed, and the tears fell. Julie couldn’t take it anymore, and rushed to her daughter, and hugged her tightly.
“Liv, I’m so sorry too. I shouldn’t have said what I said about Anna. You’re doing the right thing, and I’m so proud of you. Oh my baby.” Julie sobbed, she had missed Olivia unbelievably, but her stubborn attitude which Olivia had inherited her. Fear also added, she was afraid she wouldn’t be forgiven.
“Mum, please help me.” Olivia sobbed, the mere thought of fighting Theresa for Lula alone was terrifying, and Olivia just needed her Mum.
“What’s wrong darling?” Julie asked, worriedly.
“Theresa. Theresa is taking me to court.” Olivia cried slightly, wiping her eyes and sniffing.
“Anna’s mother is taking you to court, that’s ridiculous Olivia, why!” Julie exclaimed.
“She thinks it’s unfair I got given Lula…she thinks Anna made a mistake.” Olivia said, pulling herself together.
“Anna had good judgement! Anna picked you!” Julie snapped, furious with Theresa. The two women had always got along due to the girls’ friendship, but long after Anna moved out, their friendship diminished.
“Mum. I’m scared.” Olivia admitted softly. Julie sighed, and hugged her daughter tightly.
“It’s going to be alright Liv, Anna chose you for a reason. We just have to show the judge that.” Julie reassured. Olivia nodded, and wiped her tear away.
--
Olivia knew she had support, but that didn’t stop her worrying about whether Theresa would win. Ryan arranged a day for Olivia, just the two of them. Julie agreed to care for Lula.
“So, where are we going?” Olivia asked Ryan had rung her yesterday, telling her to be ready early-ish. It made her laugh slightly, that he was ten minutes late. Olivia strapped herself in the car, as Ryan pulled away.
“Okay Liv, did I or did I not say on the phone last night. I’m taking you somewhere as a surprise?” Ryan asked, teasingly. Olivia rolled her eyes, but smiled to herself.
“But what if you’re kidnapping me?” Olivia teased, and Ryan rolled his eyes but relished at the thought.
“Liv, if I was kidnapping you. You’d be unwilling to get in my car. Besides, why would I need to kidnap you, you agreed to come on this date.” Ryan joked, using one hand on the steering wheel, while the other changed gears.
“A date? You’re rather full of yourself.” Olivia mocked, and Ryan scoffed.
“Fine then, two friends…who like each other unwilling to admit, going out for an amount of time.” Ryan teased, and Olivia blushed slightly. She did like Ryan.
“Who says I like you like that?” Olivia challenged. Ryan smirked.
“Your cheeks. And the fact I like you too, and I’m such a likable person.” Ryan joked, and Olivia giggled.
“By the way, do you like ice?” Ryan asked curiously. Olivia chuckled. “I don’t mind it, why?” Olivia replied. She didn’t really understand what he was on about.
Ryan shrugged “No reason.” He murmured, and smiled at her, making her heart skip slightly.
---
“Ryan, don’t you dare let go!” Olivia shrieked, laughing slightly but her nerves was clear. The last time Olivia went ice-skating was Anna’s 13th birthday, and it was the ‘in’ thing to do, to have a skating party. It didn’t end well, Olivia broke her right knee, and Anna sprained her wrist, there was two other casualties, one with a bruise on the knee, and the other cut her hand on the ice pick. But all in all, it was a rather fun party.
“Livvy, I’m not going to…just relax okay?” Ryan reassured, as Olivia refused to let go of the handrail or Ryan’s hand, which she was clenching rather tightly. Ryan smiled, admiring how adorable Olivia looked, she had a white beanie hat on, and her face looked so soft, and just all around gorgeous. He was insane about her, every night he thought of her, every morning he couldn’t wait to get to work, just to see her. The days she wasn’t there, everything seemed slower.
“Last time I did this, I broke my knee!” Olivia wailed, she was literally terrified. Ryan chuckled gently.
“Sweetheart, let go of the rail…” Ryan said softly, and Olivia scoffed in reply. Ryan rolled his eyes, his dark, haunting eyes that Olivia was beginning to think of so often.
“Olivia…”
“I can’t!” Olivia gasped out, the fear was too much. She couldn't face breaking her knee all over again, and the pain was excruciating. She cried for ages in the ambulance. Anna cried too, feeling terribly guilty…

“I’m sorry!” Anna sobbed, as she saw her best friend whimper in pain as the handsome paramedic touched her knee.
“DON’T TOUCH IT!” Olivia screamed in agony, as the paramedic touched it again. He gave a charming smile.
“Alright Olivia, I need you to take deep breaths….” He commanded softly, his voice was addictive. Olivia tried to breathe, but couldn’t. She was panicking, freaking out; she had heard it, the horrible, loud crunching noise of her bone making impact with the ice.
“Livvy!” Anna shrieked, worried as her dear friend starting to gasp for air. The paramedic realised she was having a panic attack, and placed an oxygen mask gently on her face.
“Olivia, deep breaths, deep breaths…” he ordered, Julie watched anxiously, as she watched the man care for his panicked daughter. Anna’s hand was bandaged up, and she was biting her nails on her other hand. Theresa scowled slightly, she knew this was a bad idea.
Olivia started to breathe in deeply, closing her eyes and breathing in again. “Deep breaths…” she thought, suddenly she felt a warm hand take her own. Her eyes popped open, and saw the deep brown eyes of her best friend, Annie.
“It’s going to be okay Liv, I’m sorry…” Anna mumbled sadly, the glitter she had put on her cheeks was faded, her hair had come undone slightly. Anna watched as Olivia breathed deeply.
“Good girl, Olivia.” The paramedic praised. Olivia smiled slightly; she moved the mask off her face.
“Now Olivia, we need to get you to hospital. We’re going to ride on the ambulance, that okay?” the paramedic told her. Olivia nodded, her head feeling woozy.
“You can have two people…would you like your parents?” he asked. Olivia shook her head.
“No, Mum and Anna.” Olivia said immediately, she knew her Dad wouldn’t take offence. Anna smiled, and nodded. Julie agreed too, and Theresa just grumbled.
“Alright, we’re going to bring the stretcher in now….so hold tight, and make sure to have deep breaths.” He said, and Olivia nodded as she what she was told. Anna encouraged, and talked to her, to distract the pain slightly. When they rode in the ambulance, the excitement in their eyes as the sirens blared. They felt like celebrities. Olivia was given some drugs to take away the pain, and soon she felt drowsy and sleepy, and soon slipped into unconsciousness.


“Livvy, trust me…please?” Ryan said softly, as he stroked the back of her hand with his thumb. Flutters crawled on their skin, and Olivia’s heart raced with anticipation. He wouldn’t let her fall. She had to trust him.
Olivia slowly let go of the handrail, and immediately grabbed Ryan’s hand. Ryan slid beside her, pulling arm around her waist to support, while holding her vice-gripped hand.
“You’re okay, I’ve got you.” Ryan murmured into her ear, sending shivers down her ear. Olivia smiled nervously. And very slowly, they began to skate.
It was a slow speed, Ryan didn’t mind and Olivia felt comfortable, especially with his arm tightly around her. They talked as they went around, about anything that came to their mind, and when a specific song was playing, they went quiet, relishing in the words…
“Cause it’s you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose…and it’s you and me, and all of the people and I don’t why but I can’t keep my eyes off of you…”
The lyrics went through them, and they began to feel the lust between them, and nothing thing, it could be love, they didn’t really know. But their hearts were beating fast, and all Ryan wanted to do was kiss her, and all Olivia wanted was to be kissed. They skated, swaying slightly in the song. It was unofficially their song, not because either of them dedicated, but it was song the exact moment they realised that they liked, possibly loved one another. But for now, they’d never be sure.
---
“I had a great time today Ryan.” Olivia said, Ryan’s hand was entwined with her as he walked her up to the flat.
“Me too Liv…” Ryan said.
“So, did I tell you…I’m moving flats?” Olivia teased, and Ryan’s hand grip tightened, he was shocked.
“What? When? Why!” Ryan babbled, confused.
“I’m moving to 4b Hampton Street....” she said happily, it took a few seconds with Ryan to realize.
“Olivia! That’s right by me!” he exclaimed, pleased.
“Yeah and don’t go thinking I’m moving because of you because I’m not…Lula needs her own bedroom, and I need my bed back.” Olivia teased, and Ryan grinned.
“That’s great!” Ryan said, and he just wanted to hug her. So he did. Olivia embraced him warmly, enjoying his masculine smell.
“So, we’re neighbours eh?” Ryan joked, as he let go. Olivia smiled, and went to open her door.
“Good night gorgeous.” Ryan called, and Olivia blushed slightly.
“Good night…handsome.” She said boldly, and the smile wasn’t swiped off his face as he walked down the steps.
---
“Lula, how can you have made so much bloody mess?” Olivia muttered, as she heard the young girl’s mischievous giggle. Olivia was mopping the floor up with a sponge, as water was everywhere in the bathroom. She heard the door knock.
“Liv! It’s me!” Ryan’s voice boomed.
“The door’s open!” Liv yelled back, and soon Ryan walked into the bathroom, to find Olivia on all fours, mopping away.
“Nice view.” He said cheekily, and Olivia scoffed.
“What you doing here?” she asked, and Ryan laughed.
“Thanks for the welcome…” he mocked.
“Shush, you know what I mean…” Olivia teased.
“Well, I was hoping to talk to you about something….” Ryan said nervously, and it immediately raised Olivia’s suspicions, Ryan was never normally nervous.
“You know what, never mind…..so it’s 12 o’ clock, where’s my lunch?” Ryan teased, and Olivia giggled.
“In the fridge, un cooked…now shut up and go play with the baby.” Olivia ordered, and Ryan made a grumble, but did as he was told. She soon heard girlish shrieks from Lula, and roaring noises from Ryan. Olivia rolled her eyes but couldn’t ignore the warm feeling in her stomach.
--
It wasn’t till that evening, when Ryan had stayed for dinner too. Olivia was talking about Anna, fondly obviously. She was telling him about her, about the best friend she had tragically lost. Ryan asked if he could see pictures, and Olivia eagerly showed him. Ryan loved seeing that twinkle in her eyes, of excitement. He loved hearing the stories,Olivia was proud to tell them, despite the fact they made her cry. She didn’t mind crying, in fact she remember her Mum telling her when they first heard the news, and Julie said that crying was showing how much someone meant to you. Olivia had been crying a lot…
She showed pictures of their childhood, their high-school years, Ryan loved them especially, seeing 14 year old Olivia, with braces, and her hair straightened. Anna was the rebellious one, a left cartilage earring, and vows to get a tattoo. She did get one, a flower trail on her ankle when she was 18, it was dedicated to Lula, and even had her name inked across the trail. Olivia sniffed slightly, suddenly missing her more, she missed Lula obviously but it just seemed the little things that got to her, the feeling where she can’t call her best friend anymore, or send funny texts or just pop round for a coffee, she can’t go on shopping trips anymore, with Lula in her buggy, squirming impatiently. Olivia missed all the little things the most. Olivia began to cry silently, and Ryan watched in somewhat awe, until he finally spoke.
“It’s good you miss her Liv, nothing to ever be ashamed of.” He reassured, then continued. This was the moment he had wanted to say.
“Let me tell you something Liv, to the world you’re nothing, but to something or someone you’re the world…” Ryan said, looking intently at her. Olivia smiled weakly, wiping her eyes as tears fell.
“Who’s world am I then?” Olivia asked, sniffing at the end.
“You’re mine.” He replied softly, tucking a blonde curl behind her ear, and stroked her cheek ever so softly, she barely felt it.
Olivia was shocked, could barely move. Her lips parted, she didn’t know what to say or even how to say it. Instead Ryan leaned closely.
“Olivia Jones, I’m crazy about you.” He murmured, and leaned closer, their noses touching.
“I’m crazy about you too.” She whispers, her heart beating frantically, the photograph she was holding, was released and fluttered to the ground. Ryan gave a shy smile, before leaning in further, and pressed his lips against hers. They were soft and warm, just like he imagined.
Their lips moulded, as if it was meant to be like this. Olivia arms automatically trailed up to loosely wrap around Ryan’s neck. Their kiss deepened, and it wasn’t long before the wet, exotic feeling of one another’s tongue was felt. He was the dominant one, but she liked that. She liked feeling like he was in control, because then she would be safe. Her pulse elated even more, her heart felt like jumping out of her chest.
Ryan’s hands caressed her cheek, running it slowly through her blond loose waves. He was the one that pulled away slightly, but not before kissing her once more. They stared at each other, eyes connecting, and smiles of shy, awkward, happiness.
“Olivia Jones, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked softly, he’d never been in a proper relationship before, she knew that. She knew this was a huge thing. Her heart jumped again, and she smiled.
A real, beautiful smile, one that was around when Anna was alive, “Thought you’d never ask.” She said faintly, her head spinning from their incredible kiss. Ryan grinned cheekily, and kissed her once more, before helping her up from the sofa.
“Shall we go celebrate?” Ryan asked, smirking.
“We can’t, Lula’s in bed.” Olivia said feeling rather disappointed.
“Good job I brought some wine earlier then isn’t it?” Ryan murmured, as he wrapped his arms around her slim waist, he knew she needed to eat more. He was going to start to encourage her. He brought her close up against him, and looked down at her beautiful, elegant face.
“Thank you.” She whispered faintly, as she nuzzled against his chest, breathing in his addictive, manly scent. Ryan wouldn’t understand what she was truly thanking him for, but he still smiled. He smiled because he was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry!
I know I haven't updated as regular...I've been rather busy and I'm losing faith slightly....but you know, anyways, apologies if this is jumpy and sorry it took so long for them to finally go out! :) <3
Also, this is the song :):
the song
Comments, please?