Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

27

It was only a couple of days of her new address, when Olivia received the letter she had been dreading ever since Theresa had told her. The Court Date.
It was in an official looking envelope, which made Olivia even more nervous as she opened it, and unfolded the letter. It’s strange how deadly the letter actually felt, considering it’s insignificance to Olivia, it felt so heavy and as tortuous as she sliced it open with her finger, and began to read:

Dear Miss Jones,
I am writing from Brownfield’s Solicitors to inform you of your upcoming court appearance. As I am sure you are aware, Ms Theresa Greene is asking the courts for an appeal of custody to the child you are currently guardian to: Tallulah Green, which as we have been told is in fact Theresa’s grandchild. We expect you in the Court at 9.00am on the 27th June 2011, if you fail to appear, you will receive a fine of £2000 pounds and allegations of kidnapping might be put down. We hope you take this matter seriously. From now till your appearance, you are forbidden from moving out of the country, and if we hear such matter, then the consequences may be severe. If you are late for your court appearance for any reason, please contact us at 0890 102901. We would like you to contact as immediately when you have received this letter, as confirmation and we shall be seeing you shortly.
Yours Sincerely,
Darren Burt
(Solicitor)

Enclosed


The letter shocked Olivia to say the least, the tone was rude and impolite and not at all professional. So it was no wonder, it was a connection of Theresa. Olivia sucked in a deep breath, she couldn’t be she was going to court. But she knew for sure, she wasn’t going to give in. No, she was definitely going to fight.
That night, it was pouring down with rain. It soothed Olivia in a way, as she laid on her bed, her duvet tucked around her, and she stared at her unfamiliar ceiling.
If Anna was here now…. That’s all Olivia could think of, the ‘what if’ or the ‘maybe’ or the ‘what could have been’. The future of possibility, Olivia knew it was depressing but couldn’t help it as she thought of what could have happened or what would she be doing now if Anna was alive. Well for starts, she’d be in her old flat, and still be in college, and most importantly, she’d have a best friend to talk to. And maybe, she’d still have Ryan.
Ryan. She hadn’t stopped thinking about him since the day of their unofficial breakup. Sure, he had apologised, multiple times. Sure, he had called, and texted often and even tried to come over before she moved houses. But, for some reason, she couldn’t forgive him. She just wasn’t ready.

But she had come to conclusion that she was in love with him. And that’s what hurt more. The fact she loved him, yet couldn’t forgive him. She missed him too she missed his companionship, his laugh, his everything. She missed the way she felt when she was with him. Olivia reached for her phone, and checked the time: 23.45 it was late, but the thought of sleep seemed doubtful. She opened up a text message and began to type:

I don’t know why, but for some reason I’m thinking of that time we went to the ice-rink, and you held me tight. I felt safe, and okay.
I feel unsafe and not okay now. Theresa is going to take Tallulah away from me. If I lose her, I would have lost three people in the world I love the most.
Anna, Lula…and you.
I miss you Ry <3


She didn’t send it. She just, looked at the words until she couldn’t look anymore, she let the phone fall to the side of her. She wouldn’t send it, no…she couldn’t. But for now, she knew she had typed it down, and she had revealed to herself that she was in love with Ryan Harriet.
She wished he knew. She wished he was here….She wished she knew what he was doing now.
---
Earlier that night, Ryan was moping around in his brother’s house, watching as Jenny was carrying her new born baby around in the kitchen to soothe him, he was tired and ready for sleep but was getting restless.
Lucas Ryan Harriet was born three days ago, a couple of weeks late. He was 7 pounds and 9 ounces, and beautiful, the perfect image of Tom and Jenny. Ryan was a proud uncle to say the least, but he was also an uncle with a broken heart. Tom was overjoyed with his little boy and cooed over him every moment he could get.
“Ry…you okay? Jenny asked softly, as she stroked her son’s head with the back of her finger.
Ryan looked at her sadly. He wanted to cry, scream, punch…anything. He had lost Olivia, the only good thing about his life, despite his family, well his brother, Jenny and now Lucas. Not a big family, but still he loved them.
But he loved Olivia, so much he would have died for her, he still would. He couldn’t believe how much he cared for her, until she had gone, left him. All in good reason. He didn’t blame her for how she had acted, and how she had ignored him, and they were broken up. He would have been the same, maybe worse. But he loved her, he god damned loved her. Still does.
“I miss her so much Jen…” Ryan croaked, he wanted to cry, but didn’t.
“I know sweetheart…”Jenny murmured, as she kissed Lucas’s head.
“I wish…I wish I had told her sooner. Perhaps then, she wouldn’t hate me.” Ryan said sadly.
“She doesn’t hate you.” Jenny assured.
“How’d you know?” Ryan asked curiously
“Because when two people are in love like you two, you can’t hate. It just takes a while to forgive. Give her time, trust me…she’s probably suffering just as much as you.” Jenny said wisely, before walking away, whispering sweet things to her baby.
Ryan sighed, and wished it was true.
It wasn’t till midnight, lying on his bed, listening as Tom was locking up the house and turning everything off, that Ryan picked up his phone.
No messages.
He opened a new inbox message and began to type, hoping he would get some reply….
---
It got to midnight, when Olivia’s phone bleeped, and quickly Olivia clicked it and opened the 1 new message. It was from Ryan, and her heart skipped for a few seconds.

I miss you.

Olivia read, and sighed…replying for the first time.
---
Ryan was shocked slightly when his phone vibrated against his chest. Frantically, he looked and smiled a huge smile when he saw it was from Olivia.

I miss you too… a lot

Ryan sighed with relief, and quickly typed back.
---
Olivia breathed out finally when he replied.

I’m so sorry for everything. I never meant to hurt you

Olivia looked at it, deciding how to response. Finally giving into her heart….

I forgive you, but just give me time.
I have a lot going on now, the court case is soon…

-
Thank you, thank you, thank you, take all the time you Olivia, I’ll be waiting for you.
I know this is stressful for you, but I’m sure it’ll be okay. You’re a great mother.

-
I don’t know what will happen with us Ryan, you understand that right?
And thanks. I hope the judge realises that too. I’d do anything for my girl

-
I understand, I just…I really want to see you…and Lula
You’re welcome, good luck anyways….and I know you would.
I would do anything for you…and Lula

-
Maybe after the court case?
Thanks, I’ll need it.
I know you would. I appreciate it. I need someone there for me…

-
I’d love that.
Olivia Jones, I am always here for you…no matter what<3

-
I’ll call you
Ryan, you have no idea how much I needed to hear that.<3

-
Great.
You have no idea how much I miss you<3

-
Goodnight Ry..
Thinking of you

-
Goodnight Olivia, thinking of you too<3
-
Both of them, fell asleep soon after…with slight smiles on their faces as hope rekindled their hearts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter, could reconciliation be in the horizon?
What you think? Thoughts? <3