Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

03

That following Tuesday morning, Olivia awoke before her set alarm went off. It was five in the morning, and Olivia had hardly slept once again. She tossed and turned, dreaming nightmares of Anna. She awoke with cold sweat down her back, and her heart thumping. Now, she lay silently in her double sized bed, in her medium sized bedroom, staring intently at the ceiling.
Today was the day that Olivia would become Lula’s official guardian. She hadn’t seen Lula since the funeral, two weeks ago. Even then, she barely took notice as she was crying so much. Now, Olivia was nervous as hell. She had no idea what she was doing, yet she was still doing it. The papers had been signed, and social services would occasionally check in, but truly Olivia was set to go. She first had to go to Theresa’s house and collect all of Lula’s things and also Lula, then go to the supermarket to buy whatever food Lula would be needing, then come home and set up a room for Lula to sleep. The flat wasn’t ideal for a baby, but until Olivia could figure out some sort of long-term solution, it would have to do.
Waiting five more minutes, Olivia got out of bed and shuffled into her small bathroom which desperately needed cleaning. This reminded her, that she would have to spring clean the entire flat, as she didn’t want Lula getting sick as soon as she got here. Olivia did her business, then instantly took a shower, wishing the hot water would melt her away. It didn’t.
Olivia dressed in some casual dark skinny jeans, along with a female cropped sleeve rugby shirt. She tied her long wavy hair into a messy bun and put on some spot stick, and a few lashes of mascara. She hadn’t the effort to wear proper makeup since the funeral. She went into her kitchen, grabbing some bread which was slightly stale and toasting it under the grill, while waiting she got the butter and plate ready. After eating as quickly as possible, Olivia cleared up. It was now only six, still four hours before Lula needed to be collected. Olivia decided to use her time wisely, so began to clean her flat.
The bathroom was cleaned until sparkling, all sharp objects were put in high cupboards, and bleach was also put up there. The flat only had four rooms, a bathroom, bedroom, living room, and a kitchen, so all rooms within an hour and half were thoroughly cleaned. All surfaces were spotless, the carpets vacuumed, the kitchen floor mopped. Overall, it was a good work’s progress. Olivia knew that for the time being, the living room would have to be turned into Lula’s bedroom, so furniture was also shifted around, making more space for her crib to come. Personally, Olivia thought that Lula was too big for it now, despite her still being a small child. However, it seemed that Lula had not outgrown it yet.
Lula was three years old, so she had some concept of understanding. She knew her parents where gone, she just didn’t know where. Grandma Theresa explained about how they went to heaven, but Lula had suspicions apparently, so Olivia had been told at the funeral by some relatives.
Finally, after everywhere was clean and space was made. Olivia looked at the time, it was still only nine o clock, but she figured by the time she got there, it would be on time. So, grabbing a sweatshirt jacket, and her handbag, Olivia left to go collect Tallulah.
Driving her small Mini Cooper, a present from her parents and brother combined, two years back, Olivia was deep within her thoughts, driving out of the city, and to the suburbs. It wasn’t long before the radio triggered a sad memory for Olivia.

“I need you, and I miss you, and now I wonder…if I can fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by, cause you know I’d walk a thousand miles if I could just see you tonight…”

Vanessa Carlton’s song blared out of Anna’s car radio, it was almost 2 in the morning, and Anna and Olivia were driving back from their weekend at a festival. They hadn’t been drinking, nor smoking any drugs but they were still high as kites, on pure happiness.

“Woo!” Anna cheered, nodding her head with the beat, her light brown hair swaying around her face. There was no denying that Anna was beautiful, with her brunette locks that were always straightened, a full fringe flickered into her light green, hazel eyes. Her heart shaped face had a huge smile on it, revealing perfectly straightened teeth, thanks to 4 years of braces.

“This is our jam baby!” Anna yelled over the music to Olivia who was dancing in her own seat, shaking her wild blonde curls around.
“Na, na, na, na,, na- cause I need you, and I miss you and now I wonder if I could fall…” they both sang along, completely out of tune, and grinning at each other, giggling hysterically at their singing.

“Making my way downtown, walking fast, f aces past and I’m homebound, staring blankly ahead making my way, making my way through them crowds!” Anna sang,
“I still need you and I still miss you, now I wonder if I could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass us by, cause I know I’d walk a thousand miles if I could just see you, if I could just hold you….tonight.” Olivia finished the song, and they both laughed cheerfully.

“God, we’re too cool!” Olivia teased, turning the radio down a bit, as the presenter began talking. Anna grinned. “Yeah, we are.” She said, in a mocking arrogant tone.

“Thanks for driving Annie, I had an amazing time.” Olivia said, sincerely. Anna had done all the driving that weekend, as Olivia hated long car journeys and often got car sick.

“No problem babe. You owe me though.” Anna teased, and Olivia giggled.

“So what did Jake think of you coming out for the weekend?” Olivia asked curiously, knowing how protective he was of his girlfriend, they had been together for almost a year now.
“Oh he’s sulking like a child, he thinks I’m off getting drunk and going to flirt with other guys-“
“That’s ridiculous!” Olivia cut in, annoyed.
Anna shrugged. “Yeah, but you know what he’s like. It’s okay, we’ll just have sex when I get back and we’ll be fine again, he’s such a boy sometimes…” Anna said, laughing.
Olivia chuckled also, “Annie, you’re so crude sometimes.” Olivia said, she was always the serious one, whereas Anna was way more carefree and had no ‘filter’ in her mind, she just spoke it.

“It’s true though!” Anna argued, Olivia gave her trademark of rolling her eyes.
“Whatever…” but Olivia knew it was true.
“Anyways, enough of that sulky prick, it’s two in the morning, we’re wide awake and I’m with my best friend in the whole entire world, you know what I’m thinking?” Anna said, loudly.
“What?” Olivia giggled.
“PANCAKES!” Anna screamed, and started beeping her horn, causing attention from other cars. Anna turned off the motorway, and within minutes they were back in their hometown within London, they found the nearest 24hr café, and Anna parked instantly.
“You’re serious?” Olivia asked, in disbelief.
“Babe, I never joke about pancakes….” Anna said seriously, then gave a little smile before getting out the car.


Olivia sniffed, as tears collected in her eyes. “I loved those pancakes.” She mumbled to herself remembering the memory that just consumed her mind. A car nearby beeped patiently and Olivia realized she had been stuck at the traffic light for a good five minutes she quickly changed gear and took off towards Anna’s mother’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to whoever is reading, it really is appreciated :)
Comments? <3