Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

04

Olivia rang the doorbell, suddenly feeling nauseous, she was biting her lip anxiously, until the door opened and she appeared.
Theresa Greene, a bitch in her own rights. Olivia had never liked her, and it seemed the feeling was mutual. She was short, but then again so was Anna, but so unlike Anna, she had bright blonde hair, that was often up in a clip, with bangs framing her face, she often wore bright red lipstick that didn’t suit her, and her nails were always painted, as were her toes. Theresa was mean, she was genuinely mean, and she often use to put Anna down about her weight (despite her being a lovely size 10, with great curves) and about how Anna was, a fiery girl, with bad attitude.
That’s wrong, Anna didn’t have a bad attitude, and she just stood up for herself, unlike Olivia. Theresa had unfortunately been looking after Lula for the past month since the accident. Olivia had only visited once, and it was only brief.
“Come in.” she demanded, allowing Olivia to walk through. Olivia stepped in, wiping her feet politely.
“The girl is eating, you’ll have to wait.” Theresa said coldly and briskly then walked into her kitchen. Theresa use to works as an accountant, she hates her job so feels the need to hate everyone else. She had took some time off, to care for Lula though.
Olivia followed, obediently and went into the perfectly cleaned kitchen and saw Lula eating quietly, a chopped up banana.
“Hey beautiful” Olivia greeted softly, rushing over and kissed Lula’s cheek, crouching down and stroking her beautifully soft skin.
You know what killed Olivia the most? The fact, that Tallulah looked identical to Anna, exclude her nose and her lips slightly, as Jake’s genes were there, but it was mostly Anna. Lula was fortunate to have gorgeously, thick glossy brown hair, curly. She had deep brown eyes, which was an inheritance from Jake and Anna, but when Lula smiled, it was Anna one hundred per cent.
Lula smiled weakly, not really showing any emotion. She had been extremely quiet, understandably these past few weeks and it broke Olivia’s heart. Lula immediately stared at the table again, not wanting to look anyone.
“Lula, look at me…” Olivia said gently, stroking her glorious curls.
Lula did as she was told and looked at Olivia. “I’ve come to take you with me Lula you’re going to live with me…” Olivia explained gently, well aware Theresa was staring at her from the kitchen counter that overlooked the dining table.
Lula was confused. “Is Mummy going to be there?” Lula asked hopefully, she remembered distinctively that whenever she saw Aunty Liv, Mummy was there usually. Mummy hadn’t been around in a while, she missed her so much.
Olivia didn’t cry, despite wanting to badly. “No-“she swallowed the lump in her throat. “-no Lula, Mummy isn’t going to be there, Mummy and Daddy have gone to heaven.” Olivia explained softly, continuing to stroke Lula’s hair, it felt exactly like Anna’s.
“But…I miss them.” Lula said, her face falling, her lip quivering. Droplets of water began to fall down her cheeks.
“Look what you’ve done…” Theresa unnecessarily muttered under her breath. Olivia sighed, and pulled Lula’s chair back, and hugged the little girl.
“It’s going to be okay babe, Aunt Liv is here now…I’m going to look after you.” Olivia said reassuringly. Theresa scoffed.
“I was doing just fine…” she muttered. Olivia, her patience ran out, let go of Lula and stood up, turning slowly and facing Anna’s bitch of a mother.
“Lula, go pack your teddies…” Olivia asked gently, and Lula obediently did, leaving her chopped banana on the table, she wasn’t very hungry anyway. Lula toddled off, leaving the room unaware of the tension between the two females.
Once she had gone, Olivia glared: “Look Theresa, Anna asked me to care for Lula and I’m going to respect her wishes, even if you don’t like it. I understand I’m young and I know nothing about children but I’m going to work damn hard….now if you wish to remain in Lula’s life then I suggest you begin to act a bit nicer to me. I miss her too damn it!” Olivia said lowly, but the cold tone laced the words. Theresa was surprised by Olivia’s bitterness, but nodded slightly.
“Do I need to pack Tallulah’s things?” Olivia asked, still a bit cold. Theresa shook her head, crossing her arms.
“I did the liberty of doing it for you last night, it’s all upstairs.” She said, bitterly. Olivia nodded and silently made her way up the Lula’s bedroom, well old bedroom that she had when she was a baby.
It took half an hour for three boxes of Lula’s things to be put in her car boot, it just about fitted in. She and Theresa took the crib apart and slid it at places. Lula stood there, watching anxiously as the two females disconnected her bed, for the second time this month.
Her clothes were packed in a suitcase, and then went in the back of the car, leaving just enough of room for Lula’s car seat to fit in, along with her stroller. Finally, everything was packed. Olivia quietly thanked Theresa for her help, than helped Lula with her coat and shoes.

“Say goodbye to Grandma Lula.” Olivia said kindly, taking the little girls warm hand, her hand was occupied as she was sucking her thumb.

“Bye Grandma.” She said, taking her thumb out and waving. Theresa had tears in her eyes and Olivia found it hard to believe she actually had emotion, as at Anna’s funeral, she didn’t cry. Olivia gave a bleak smile, and guided Lula to the car, strapping her in the car seat and was just about to get in the car.

“Liv!” Theresa shouted suddenly, waving.
Olivia froze, and looked at Anna’s mother, wondering how her friend survived.
“Take care of her, she’s all I have left you know…” Theresa said, and Olivia wanted to be insulted, but decided not to. She just nodded in reply, and got in the car. She glanced at Lula, who was again sucking her thumb. She looked at her grandmother’s house sadly, her deep brown eyes staring with sadness, yet relief.
“Time to go home then” Olivia said breezily, reversing slowly off the drive, Lula didn’t reply and Olivia didn’t say anything either. They both returned to the flat in silence, both wondering what the hell they were doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter, just cause I'm nice ;)
Comments? <3