Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

09

“Anna, I don’t want to do this…” an extremely nervous, 15 year old Olivia muttered to her best friend, who was grinning mischievously.
“C’mon babe, you know how long it took me to rob these from my Uncle?” Anna giggled, Olivia rolled her eyes and rubbed her hands together for heat, it was freezing and they were under a dark, slightly scary bridge but then again Anna and Livvy knew these streets like the back of their hands, they would be okay.
“Hurry up then!” Olivia snapped, and stomped her feet to get the blood circulating again.
“Alright, keep your pants on…” mumbled, with shaking hands she rummaged in her coat pocket for what they’d been anticipating. Olivia watched curiously.
“They’re already icicles Annie!” Olivia huffed, as she exhaled roughly, watching her own breath come out of her mouth.
Anna put the Silk Cut cigarette to her mouth, and with her shaking hand, lit the match. She lit the cigarette, Olivia watched with somewhat, a twisted fascination as the butt turned bright, vicious red.
Anna fumbled with the cigarette, she had no experience. In fact this was the first time for both of them, together they were trying their first cigarette. Olivia wanted to see all the fuss about and Anna wanted to prove it wasn’t that cool.
Anna inhaled slowly, and the smoke burned her throat, instantly she exhaled, disliking the taste. Olivia took the cigarette off her between her index and middle finger, placing to her lips and copied what Anna did. Olivia too, disliked it. However, they both stayed in silence, as they took drags each, exhaling and inhaling the toxin, feeling rather idiotic.
“Well that was pointless….” Anna said, as she stubbed it out. Olivia nodded in agreement and suddenly got a whiff of her own smell.
“Oh god, we stink. My Mum is going to kill me!” Olivia huffed. Anna smirked, and rummaged in her bag, getting out a body spray, chewing gum, mints and strong perfume.
“Aha, always prepared eh?” Olivia teased, and started to dispose of the smell.
“So, opinions?” Anna said, as she took the perfume out of Olivia hand and sprayed herself, not really caring if her own mother caught the scent. In fact, she hoped she did.
Anna checked her makeup, and took a piece of gum, chewing softly. “Disgusting.” They said at the same time, and instantly grinned at each other, giggling. Anna linked arms with Olivia, and they did a random, funny walk up the steps of the bridge. They were in hysterics as they got to the top, pretending to be Rocky.
“Liv, why are we not on the West End!” Anna screamed, laughing hysterically, not even caring the funny looks she was receiving. Shaking her head of brunette locks back, looking up at the dull, miserable, yet calm sky.
“Anna, shush!” Olivia tried to quieten her friend, it was no use. Anna let go of Olivia and skipped ahead, twirling, dancing around and throwing her hands up the air. Suddenly, there was a crack of thunder, making Anna yelp with surprise. Olivia found this highly amusing. She smiled at her best friend as she began to dance in the rain, opening her mouth and drinking the rain, shaking her now soaked hair around, slapping her face with it.
“Livvy, I love the taste of the rain!” she called, mindlessly, twirling around, doing a little jump in the air. The occasional walker that passed stared nosily, but Anna and now did either Olivia care as Anna grabbed Livvy’s hand, running together, laughing, shrieking each time thunder boomed, and lightning struck. As they crossed the second bridge before reaching Anna’s house, Olivia found herself walking alone, as Anna had stopped on the bridge, looking down at the small river which was filling up. The rain poured, Olivia was shivering, and so was Anna but she was waiting. Olivia didn’t realize what she waiting for, until a beautiful strike of light appeared and Olivia stared in awe. She glanced at Anna, who’s eyes glistened with glee, staring in amazement.
“Annie….we have to go” Olivia muttered, grabbing Anna’s shoulder and directing her away, and both girls ran home, no longer laughing, but were still happy. When they arrived home, Anna’s mother, Theresa shouted at her for being so irresponsible, but Anna didn’t care and instead made them hot drinks, and got lots of crap, junk food, they settled down to watch sad films, because Anna loved them. Anna was weird like that. Olivia was more of a comedy girl, and didn’t mind the odd sad film, but she couldn’t do a marathon of them which Anna could easily do. Both girls already forgot about their experience earlier.


Olivia was watching ‘The Notebook’, watching as Allie an Noah kissed passionately in the rain, on the little boat Noah had, he had took her out on the stream. Olivia was crying because of it, this film always got to her. It was almost midnight; Lula was fast asleep in bed. A glass of chilled wine was on the coffee table, and a Silk Cut cigarette was in her hand, burning down and occasionally Olivia took a drag.
She inhaled slowly, and closed her eyes, picturing Anna smiling in the rain, she opened her eyes, the picture was gone, and the smoke left her mouth with a sigh.
---
Three days later, still no job was found and Olivia was losing her patience. She had hardly slept, she was constantly exhausted and she can’t remember eating a full meal. Lula was beginning to play up, refusing to have a bath or go to bed on time, or sleep in her own bed, but Olivia couldn’t blame that one on her, seeing as the crib was still in bits.
It was a Friday, and Olivia decided she and Lula needed a walk, so Lula was put in her pushchair, and they went out on the town. Olivia went in all the low-key cafés, they were fully staffed, even other fast food restaurants, and shops. She tried everywhere. It seemed Fate hated her more.
It wasn’t until she was going around the corner, muttering to Lula that they would go home for lunch soon. Then the pram hit something, or rather someone. Fortunately, it only just clipped his foot, and Olivia pulled the pram back instantly.
“I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you-“ She faltered, as the gorgeously, charming face of the waiter guy, she had been thinking of him lately, she didn’t know why. The waiter guy smiled softly, only slightly revealing his perfectly white teeth.
“It’s alright, should have been paying attention…” he said, and Olivia’s stomach fluttered. She gave a weak smile, wishing she had been bothered to put on some makeup earlier. They stared at each other for second, awkwardly.
“We just keep meeting don’t we?” he said casually, his hands in his jean pocket. Olivia nodded.
“We do.” She agreed, and he nodded.
“You going to come by the café again?” he asked, secretly hoping. Olivia shrugged.
“I’ve got to find a job.” She blurted out, disbelieving the fact she did just blurt out her personal life.
“Having trouble?” he questioned, knowing the feeling, it took him ages to find the café job and even that was pitiful.
Olivia nodded. “It seems everywhere is full…” she mumbled sadly.
“Well, I know that Joe wants extra people, the place is really booming lately. Perhaps you could come by later? I could put in a good word for you….” He offered, and Olivia blinked in surprise.
“Really?” she asked, slightly wary.
“Yeah, course I can…” he said, and looked at her, awaiting for her name to come.
“Olivia Jones” she introduced, twirling her necklace around her fingers.
“Olivia Jones, pleasure to meet you. I’m Ryan Harriet.” Ryan introduced, giving a charming smile making Olivia’s heartbeat go into overdrive.
“Nice to meet you too.” She said, in an attempt of a warm tone.
“So yeah come around five?” Ryan asked, his brown eyes staring into her own, he thought she was so beautiful, but there something just holding her true potential back, it was misery.

“I’ll see you then.” Olivia said, as she rearranged the pram, about to move.
“It’s a date, see you then Olivia.” Ryan said, enjoying the taste of her name. Olivia gave a quick smile, trying not to blush and pushed the pram away, walking in pace. Ryan watched her go; not helping himself as her fragile body sauntered away, slightly swaying. Ryan breathed in deeply, and exhaled just a slow. He couldn’t put his finger on her; she had a little girl yet looked nothing like her. Ryan felt dampened, as Olivia had ties, and they weren’t going anywhere. He needed to find a way close to her, because something about Olivia Jones fascinated him to the utter core.
Just like the lightning did to Anna.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment :)