It Started With A Dare

Asshole

I’d been at high school now for over a week, and apart from the actual fact it was school, I was having a pretty good time. I’d almost completely abandoned Debbie and her gang of followers, even though they were now the most popular girls in the freshman year. I didn’t care too much for popularity, so I didn’t regret not being friends with them, I was perfectly happy with my one and only friend; Damien.

Although, throughout that time I’d also seen a lot of Gerard, and he’s been driving me mad! All he ever does is tease me; whether that be making cracks about my height or actually annoying me by tripping me up or knocking my books out of my hand. It was starting to get rather frustrating, he was nice to me when we’re not at school but as soon as people are around he acts like a complete dick head.

There was also the matter of the senior pranks. I hadn’t had the pleasure of having one played on me yet, which I was forever thankful to Bob for because some of them didn’t look to pretty. Sure there were the harmless ones like spraying silly string at freshman when they turned corners or shoving them into lockers. But there were also the more hurtful pranks where guys were dressed up as girls and they’d even gone so far as to steal someone’s clothes from their locker whilst they were in the gym showers.

But enough about that, right now is the class right before lunch and I’m stuck in the middle of a boring History lesson where the teacher is going over everything that I already knew. Either I’m getting smarter or everyone else is getting dumber. Much to my annoyance the clock continued to move as slowly as humanly possible and I swear it started to go backwards for a few seconds. Eventually the bell rang and I jumped out of my seat, sweeping up my books in the process and filing out of the room with the other students.

I made it to the lunch hall without getting shoved too much by seniors and found Damien sitting in our usual spot; in the far corner, furthest away from where most of the popular people sit. He had his head in a book, as per usual, so that when I sat down next to him he would jump from surprise. I smiled at him before pulling out a granola bar and began munching on that.

“Have you seen Debbie and her clones in their cheerleader uniforms yet?” Damien asked me, with amusement sparkling in his eyes.

“Sadly I have had the displeasure, hearing her jabber on in homeroom, uttering the word ‘like’ after every other word.” I replied, rolling my eyes at the memory of her typical cheerleader attitude.

“So I’m guessing you’re not going to the pep rally either?” He questioned.

“Why? Were you planning on going??” I retorted.

“Don’t worry, you wouldn’t catch me dead going to one of those.” He chuckled.

“Yeah, I didn’t think-” I started to say but was cut off when I heard someone yell ‘heads up!’ from across the cafeteria. And before I could turn my head to look I felt something hit it and water drench my hair and face. I gasped, seeing Damien’s shocked face before I stood up and turned to see none other than Gerard standing there with his arms crossed and a smirk plastered on his face.

“Whoops.” He said, trying to sound innocent. I scowled at him, pushing the wet hair out of my eyes.

“Asshole!” I shouted at him angrily before making my way out of the cafeteria, hearing quite a few seniors laughing at me.

I went into the first girls’ bathroom I saw and headed straight for the hand towels, wiping my face dry before starting to brush my now tangled hair out and drying it the best I could. Resorting to sticking my head under the hand dryer to dry it, my hair was soon only slightly damp and I looked presentable in the mirror. Now if I wore a lot of make up it would be a different story; I’d probably have panda eyes and streaks of orange foundation on my face. I went outside to see Damien waiting patiently beside the door, smiling apologetically at me when I came out.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, it was only a bit of water, no harm done.” I said, shrugging it off. The bell rang for last lesson, which for me was Science. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, him heading off to his music class. I managed to get to my class before the late bell rang and took my seat, as usual, at the back of the room.

The lesson started as usual, he drawls on about god knows what whilst we take pages and pages of useless notes of information which will never be on any test we take. I nearly fell asleep twice and when he gave us back our recent mock test I saw that I had gotten a D. great, just the thing to brighten up my day. At the end of the lesson before I could escape back to the sanctity of my home my teacher, Mr Jefferson, asked me to stay behind, making me internally groan.

“So I see you didn’t do very well in the test, did you?” he asked. Was he stupid or something? He graded it, why does he have to ask me?

“No sir.” I said. The only reason I got a D was because I wasn’t even trying at it, plus his lessons are retarded since they don’t teach us anything we need to know. And who the hell gives you a test in the first week of school?

“And it’s because of this that I think its best that I assign you a student tutor.” He explained. What?!

“Erm sir, that’s really not necessary.” I said, trying to weasel my way out of it. There was now way in hell I was belittling myself to a tutor.

“Oh but I insist. He really is marvellous at science, one of the best students I’ve had. He’d a senior so I hope you don’t feel too intimidated.” He elucidated.

“Okay then.” I said, giving in.

“Excellent! So I’ll arrange you to meet your tutor in this room tomorrow after school, you can sort out a schedule between the two of you then.” He said before dismissing me. As soon as I stepped out of the door of the classroom I kicked a row of lockers, groaning before making my way out to the parking lot where Bob was waiting by his car.

“Hey Cassie. Where’ve you been? Oh and sorry about lunch, I didn’t think Gerard would hit you.” He said.

“Yeah well he’s an asshole. And I was talking with my science teacher about getting a student tutor.” I said, rubbing my face from annoyance and frustration.

“Really? Well did you know that-” he started to say but I but him off.

“Yeah, don’t wanna hear it.” I said, raising a hand to him before jumping into the passenger seat. I heard him chuckle outside before climbing into the car himself a driving out of the parking lot. The whole ride was silent and seemed a lot longer than usual, but that was probably because of the silence.

“So, miss moody pants, is it that time of the month already?” Bob asked when we got home. I glared at him before slugging him on his shoulder and going inside, and I knew that I could hit pretty hard when I wanted to, so hearing him groan afterwards was more than satisfactory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm friction between Gerard and Cassie = not good

So, any guesses as to who's gonna be Cassie's tutor? I really do love hearing what people think will happen in my stories :D

comments please!

xox