It Started With A Dare

It's A Guy, Isn't It?

The next morning I was sitting next to Bob in his car as we drove to school, to which I was shockingly looking forward to for once. I was nearly jumping up and down in my seat I was that excited, and I didn’t quite know why. I mean, yeah I wanted to see Gerard to talk to him but I shouldn’t be this excited, should I?

“So what’s got you all riled up then?” Bob asked me, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

“Nothing.” I said, turning to look out of my window.

“It’s a guy, isn’t it?” He asked more like a statement, making my stomach twinge in a weird way. He took my silence as permission to carry on. “Come on, tell me, who do I need to beat up?”

“Bob, seriously, it’s nothing, there is no guy.” I answered.

“Yeah yeah, but when he breaks your heart don’t come crying to me.” I rolled my eyes at his words and realised that we were just pulling up at school, which put a smile back on my face. We both got out of the car and headed into school, and Bob questioned my motives for following him.

“I’m not following you, I just need to talk to Gerard about the uh,” I racked my brains for something to say “Studying thing, yeah.”

“Okay, whatever, just as long as you don’t embarrass me then I’m good.” He replied.

“Aw I’d never do that Bobby!” I explained, trying my best to embarrass him and it worked as he began to shush me. I giggled as he shoved my shoulder playfully and we carried on walking until we reached the row of lockers where Bob’s friends stood chatting. I couldn’t for the life of me remember all of their name’s and their girlfriend’s names, I only really knew Frank, Mikey and, of course, Gerard. Once we got closer Gerard looked up and smiled when he saw us, and I felt the familiar twinge in my stomach.

“Hey Bob, Cassie, what’s up?” Gerard greeted us, doing a bro hug with Bob afterwards.

“Erm Gerard? Can I talk to you about the uh tutoring thing?” I asked him, hoping he would catch on and know that I wanted us to be alone. Thankfully he did.

“Yeah sure, come on.” He said, leading us down the hallway and past the bustling students, around a corner to where the corridors were less crowded. “So, what’s this really about?” he asked me.

“Well,” I grinned as I reached into my bag and retrieved the long forgotten comic book and movie that I had borrowed from him not too long ago “I thought you might want these back, and I didn’t want to embarrass you in front of the guys.” I said, handing them to him, the comic still in perfect condition; I have respect for comic books, sue me.

“Ah thanks, I almost forgot about these.” He said, taking them gratefully from my hands. As he did so his hand brushed over mine, sending a small electric shock down my fingers. I blushed and let my hands fall to my sides. “And thanks for not showing them to everyone.” He added.

“You really shouldn’t be embarrassed that you like comic books, I think it’s cool that you do.” I said, making him smile his crooked smile at me.

“Y’know what? You’re alright Cassie.” He said, ruffling me hair and chuckling when he groaned and tried to straighten it out again. He then brought me into a friendly hug; it probably lasted no more than 2 seconds but it still made me feel warm and safe; I like his hugs. After we both pulled away the bell rang for first class, which made me groan again.

“I guess I’ll see you round then.” I said, hitching my bag further up my shoulder out of habit.

“Yeah, see ya.” He replied, offering a small wave and the same crooked smile before walking off towards the senior hallway whilst I headed in the direction of my math class, a smile still etched onto my face.

*2 Weeks Later*

I dodged passed the many students walking in the opposite direction to me, trying to get to my math class on time for a change. Eventually I got there and saw that Damien was already in his usual seat, grinning as he saw me enter the room.

“Hey girlfriend, what goes on?” He greeted me, leaning over in his seat to give me a hug that I immediately returned.

“Nothing really, you?” I replied, getting out my textbook and dumping it onto my desk.

“Oh y’know, same old same old.” He said, grinning his childish grin.

The lesson dragged on for a whole hour, making my brain turn into just random swirls of numbers and giving me a headache. Now don’t get me wrong, I love maths, but having it in the morning really isn’t such a good idea. Eventually the bell rang for next class and everyone pretty much ran out of the room. Soon enough it was lunch time and I was making my way to the cafeteria, only to be stopped by a familiar face.

“Hey Cassie, you got a second?” he asked, nodding his head in the direction of the door which lead to the courtyard.

“Sure Gerard.” I replied, following him outside where we simply walked and talked.

“So basically I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to meet up with me tonight.” He explained. I cocked my head to the side questionably.

“Where would we be going?” I asked, causing him to grin.

“Ah now that is the surprise. It needs to be quite late, probably around 12-ish so you’ll have to sneak out past Bob, but it’ll be worth it.” He said. I thought it over and eventually decided why the hell not?

“Yeah okay, sounds like fun.” I agreed.

“Great, okay, I’ll text you when I’m round the corner from your place.” He said.

“But I don’t have your number.” I said, my eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

“That’s what this piece of paper is for.” He said, dangling the slip of paper in front of my face teasingly. I glared playfully at him before pocketing the note, but then another thought crossed my mind.

“But I though you were gonna text me? It won’t help if you don’t-” I stopped talking when I saw him waving a phone similar to my own in front of my face. Wait, scratch that, it was my phone, it had all the scratched from where I’ve dropped it so many times.

“Hey! Gimme that!” I exclaimed, reaching out to try and snatch it from him but he held it above his head, way out of my reach. I wondered where he’d gotten it from, but my unasked question was soon answered.

“I took it from your pocket earlier, hope you don’t mind.” He said, smirking as he handed the phone back to me, where I pocketed that as well.

“Alright, but this better be worth it.” I huffed, knowing that if Bob knew I was out past curfew again he’d kill me.

“Oh it will be.” He replied, still grinning like a madman. I wonder where we’d be going? I couldn’t think of anywhere specific but he said it would be worth it, so I believe him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha idk why but i just love Gee's character in this story, reminds me a lot of some of my guy friends at school :)

So hope you guys liked it! :D Comments? Come on, you know you want to!

xox