It Started With A Dare

Just Call Me Cupid

“Cassie, you ready to go?” Bob called to me from the hall as I searched through the cupboards of our kitchen.

“Yep, hold on.” I said as I pulled out the last granola bar in the box, quickly writing down on the shopping list that we needed more before jogging down the hall and following Bob out of the house and into his car.

“You seem happier,” Bob commented as he drove us to school “What happened?”

“Nothing, no reason, just stressed with school work and stuff.” I answered; staring out my window and watching the world go by as I munched on the granola bar. The lies just keep adding up and up, I’m going to end up looking like Pinocchio soon enough.

We arrived at school a little while later; I hopped out of the car with my books in hand, saying a quick farewell to Bob before heading off inside the daunting building. Faces which now seemed vaguely familiar passed me by as I strolled through the halls, knowing that the bell would ring sooner rather than later and that it was best to just go straight to class instead of going off in search of Damien.

I sat slumped at my desk in history class, willing my eyes to stay open as the teacher went on and on and on about some war a long time ago. Seriously, this history teacher needs to stop living in the past. Get it? Because she teaches- y’know what? Forget it; I’m lame at jokes anyway.

Eventually the shrill sound of the bell ringing caused the class to arise from their seats, filtering out of the room and out into the crowding hallways. I made my way to maths class, meeting Damien halfway there at his locker.

“Someone’s happy.” He greeted me, a knowing smile on his face “Does this have anything to do with Gerard?

“And how would you know that?” I questioned.

“I gave him your class schedule so he could find you to apologise, I’m guessing he found you then?”

“Damien!” I scolded him.

“Hey, you guys are back together now, aren’t you? You should be thanking me.” I sighed, shaking my head at him. I was kind of peeved that he’d gone behind my back like that, but I had to hand it to him; he’s probably the reason Gerard and I are together right now.

“Thank you, Day. Really, I mean it.” I said sincerely, pulling him into a quick but tight hug.

“Just call me Cupid.” You just had to laugh at time like these.

We walked together to our math class, having to sit through the teacher lecturing us about the differences between mathematical expressions and equations. Don’t get me wrong, I actually really do like maths, I just hate it when they go on and on about stuff I already know.

Eventually though the day passed by quickly enough; I was on my way to forth lesson, stopping off at my locker to grab some books. As soon as I swung open the thin metal door, a piece of crumpled paper fluttered to the floor, landing in front of my feet. Frowning, I bent down to retrieve it, unfolding the paper to reveal a note, my frown deepening with worry when I saw what it read:

I know your secret, you two should really learn to be more careful

Oh shit. Someone knows. Someone fucking knows! I wracked my brain for any time that we could’ve been caught but I came up with nothing. This isn’t good, this is not good. I really need to stop panicking and let Gerard know. Pulling out my phone, I sent him a quick text that read:

Meet me behind back building after school – its an emergency
C xox


I didn’t have to wait long for a reply, barely twenty seconds later and my phone buzzed with an incoming text message.

Ok, I’ll be there
G xx


I then pocketed my phone, shoving the unnerving note deep into my pocket with it and grabbed my books before heading off to my next class.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x


My leg bounced up and down impatiently as I sat at the very edge of my seat in biology, watching the clock ticking and waiting for the bell to ring for the end of the day. My glares seemed to work as soon the shrill sound of the bell interrupted the teacher’s rant, the whole classroom full of students getting tot heir feet and leaving the room.

I picked up my books and fought against the flow of people that were heading in the opposite direction. Eventually I found myself behind the back building, spotting Gerard leaning against the wall with a cigarette hanging from his lips. I made my way over to him, smiling up at him slightly as I reached for the cigarette, taking it from him and watching as the smoke continued to seep out the end of it.

“I wish you’d quit.” I mumbled, reluctantly handing him back the cancer stick.

“If you want me to, I’ll try,” He said, taking one last drag of the cigarette before flicking it to the floor, stubbing it out with the heel of his converse-clad foot, making my smile widen. “So what’s this emergency you were on about earlier?” My smile faltered as I simply reached into my pocket to retrieve the note, passing it to him and watching as his eyebrows furrowed whilst he read it. “Who gave you this?”

“I found it in my locker, it could’ve been anyone. Gerard, I’m kind of scared.” I confessed, letting myself be pulled into his embrace, settling my head against his chest.

“Don’t worry, babe, it was probably just a stupid joke. But if it happens again, you’ll tell me, right?” He asked, his fingers stroking my hair comfortingly. I nodded my reply, snuggling further into his hold.

“Come on, I’ll take you home, ‘else Bob’ll be worried.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that its been so long, i've been pretty busy lately :/

I'm working on some more pre-written chapters but its taking longer than expected, i won't be able to post them everyday like i used to, probably every couple of days if i can though :)

Your comments really motivate me to write, so keep on commenting you guys! :D

xox