It Started With A Dare

You Think You Know Someone ...

I bounded loudly down the stairs of the house, coming to a stop in front of Bob who was picking up his car keys.

“You ready?” He asked.

I sighed “Why do I have to go again?”

“Because, if I have to go then so do you.”

“But its alright for you, you’re only going so you can look up your girlfriend’s skirt whilst she tries to raise pep like the perv you are.” I retorted.

“Touché. But you’re still going.”

The ride back to school was one filled with music blasting around Bob’s car, courtesy of the Misfits, and the occasional comment from Bob about how the guy in the car in front of us was a ‘tit’ or some other form of the insult. The school parking lot was packed, more so than usual but we managed to find a space and filter into the gymnasium with the rest of the student body who had bothered to turn up.

Bob lead us up the bleachers, the only spaces being quite near the back but not so far up that my ears started bleeding. We took our seats and as Bob began to cheer for his girlfriend, I scouted out the room, looking for a familiar face. I soon found one, pulling out my phone to write out a text.

I can see you, however creepy that may sound
xox


I watched as his head looked to the left and then to the right, searching the crowd until his eyes fell on me. He smiled and I smiled back, the noise of the kids around me now seeming not so loud. His gaze dropped to his lap for a few seconds before he turned back to me, winking, and then his attention went back to Ray, who was sat beside him with his girlfriend.

My phone vibrated in my pocket so I pulled it back out, grinning down at the text.

It’s not creepy, don’t worry :)
You look gorgeous by the way
G xx


“Stop being so damn loved up, it’s sickening.” Bob commented as I pocketed my phone, the grin still on my face.

“Almost as sickening as Shelby’s face.” I commented. He elbowed my side, making me flinch away from him.

“Shut up and show your fucking team spirit.” He said, not sounding serious in what he’s said in the least.

I decided to sit back and at least try to look interested in what was going on, which was a lot harder than it sounds, believe me now. Once the cheerleaders had finished prancing about and the marching band had been booed off, the football team came out, receiving more cheers and screams of appreciation. The coach followed shortly after, stepping up the podium where a microphone was situated, waiting for him to make his inspiration speech for this season.

But it never came. Instead, a student distracted him, conversing with him for a few moments. The coach stepped down and was replaced with said student and after a few moments, I recognised him. James. What the hell was he doing?!

“For those of you who don’t know me, you can just consider me a concerned student. Concerned with what, you may ask yourself,” He began, his voice echoing around the room as my face paled.

“In high school, you think you know some people when really, you don’t know them at all. They could be horrible people who do horrible, dirty, unforgivable things. And ladies and gentlemen, there is one amongst us,”

People started to murmur, confused at what he was getting at. But I knew, oh god, did I know what he was leading up to. I’m such a god damn idiot, why didn’t I tell Bob or Gerard when I found out it was him? Because I’m an idiot, that’s why. I thought he’d just chicken out, I didn’t seriously think he’d go this far with it. And here it was, the moment when all would be revealed; I felt sick to my stomach as my eyes stung with frustrated tears yet to fall.

“For the past six months, Gerard Way has been molesting Cassie Bryar!” He announced, causing an uproar of voices mumbling to each other “I’ve seen it with my own eyes! They’ve been dating in secret the whole time, who knows what Gerard’s done to corrupt her?!” He managed to get out before he was dragged off by the coach and another senior member of staff.

I sat there, frozen in place as my face flushed, not from embarrassment but from frustration. Our secret was out, now everyone knew, and I knew that they’d judge us from what James had just said. I dared a glance over to the other side of the gym to Gerard; he looked speechless, more shocked and confused than anything else.

I couldn’t take it anymore, heads had begun to turn and look at me, their eyes scrutinising; it was all too much “Bob,” I mumbled “I can’t do this. I’m leaving.”

I got to my feet before waiting for his response, making my way to the far right of the bleachers and walking down the steps as fast as I could. It felt as if everybody was staring at me, whispering about me, judging me. Once I was outside, I was finally able to breathe properly in the cool night air. I didn’t know what to do, I just wanted to be a lone for a while, to think things through.

Walking down the dark streets, I went where my feet took me which eventually turned out to be the park which Gerard and I went to; our park. My legs gave way and I dropped to the grassy floor not to far in, curling in on myself as I let the tears fall, angry at myself and at James for what he did.

I laid there for what must’ve been at least an hour, the cold air pinching at my bare arms and my body shaking with shivers before I heard the sound of footsteps nearing. The sound became louder until I was sure they were very close but I didn’t want to my open my eyes, keeping them clenched shut.

“Shit, Cassie,” I heard him whisper followed by a thump as I assumed he kneeled beside me “Cassie, are you alright? Are you hurt? Cassie, please.”

“I’m sorry.” I croaked.

His hands stroked my face, the warmth of his fingers heating up my cold cheeks “Sugar, what are you apologising for?”

“He came to me the other day, said he’d tell everyone. But I didn’t tell you because I didn’t believe him, and now … n-now everyone, they th-think you-”

“Hey, hey, ssh,” He whispered, his arms pulling me into a sitting position and then into his laps where he held me against his chest, kissing my head “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine,” I sniffled, inhaling the smell of his t-shirt, the smell of Gerard. “Me and Bob have been looking everywhere for you, he’s really worried.” He added, not meaning to but making me feel worse.

“Can you take me home?” I asked him, mobbing my head to look up at him.

“Of course I can, sugar.” He placed a kiss to my fore head before shifting me slightly in his lap and standing to his feet.

“I can still walk god damn it.” I muttered, trying to wriggle out of his arms but it was no use.

“And I’m perfectly capable of carrying you, so shut up.” He responded. I let out a weak laugh before moving my arms around him, holding on the best I could.

We soon reached his car where he set me down in the front seat and then got in himself, starting up the car and heading off in the direction of my house. It was quite late by this time, almost 10, and I was feeling a little sleepy. I only shut my eyes for a moment and then the next, the car has stopped moving and Gerard is un-strapping my seatbelt.

“Hmm wha? Gee?” I mumbled, blinking away my blurry vision and holding back a yawn.

“Hey sleepy head, we’re here.” He whispered, slipping his arm behind my back and the other under my knees, lifting me out of the car and shutting the door with his foot. He carried me up to the house, sort of bridal style except I had buried my face in his neck again, wanting to go back to sleep. I heard the front door open before we reached it.

“Fuck, is she okay?” Bob asked, the pitch of his voice indicating that he was close to either freaking out or punching someone.

“She’s fine, just tired,” Gerard explained “You want me to take her upstairs?”

“Nah I’ll do it. See you at school.” Bob said.

“Bye Cassie,” Gerard whispered, kissing my head before passing me over to Bob “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He added, talking to both of us. I heard his footsteps leading away, getting quieter.

“Bye Gee.” I murmured, although I doubt he heard me. His car door slammed shut and he drove off, Bob then shut the front door with difficulty before carrying me up the stairs and into my room. He laid me down in my bed, pulling my sheets up to my chin. I opened my eyes to see him kneeling beside my bed, looking sympathetic.

“You gonna be okay, Cass?” He asked me.

“We’re so fucked.”

“Hey, it’s not the end of the world. So what if people know about you and Gerard? Let them think what they wanna think, but you better tell me if anyone says anything to you,” I nodded, still too tired to fully understand what he was saying “Tomorrow, you’re gonna walk into that school with your head held high; you’ve got nothing to be ashamed of. Now, get some sleep.”

“Night Bobby.” I whispered, closing my eyes and snuggling further into the covers.

He chuckled “Night Cassie.” before walking out and shutting my bedroom door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
There, the secret's finally out, any of you guys mad? Let me know :)

So tell me what you guys think will happen next? Of course, i know what's gonna happen because i've already written but please, entertain me with your ideas :D

Leave a comment and I will send you your own Gerard, you'll have to pay p&p though ;P

xox