It Started With A Dare

Freshmen And Seniors Don't Date

By the time lunch came around I was in a considerably good mood. I made my way with the rest of the students to the cafeteria to get some food for lunch. I walked in and got into the line for food where I bought an apple and some juice for later. Whilst I was walking to where the tables were I was searching with my eyes for Debbie or Damien. I found Debbie sitting with 2 other preppy looking girls, she glanced up and caught my eye before grinning and waving me over to sit with her.

“Hey Cassie, guys this is Cassie. Cassie this is Gracie and Janie.” Debbie said, I smiled and said hello to both girls, getting hellos back.

“So, you weren’t too lonely in your other classes, were you?” she asked me.

“Oh, no, in Maths I sat with this guy Damien.” I said, making her eyes widen which confused me.

“Damien Iero?” she questioned, I nodded “You don’t wanna be friends with him, he’s a total freak, nobody talks to him because apparently he’s gay.” She said, as if it was the most disgusting thing ever, which I found pretty homophobic. Now I’m not gay but I’ve got no problems with how others chose to live their lives. I now wasn’t too sure if I’d made a good judgement of Debbie, she didn’t seem bad but she was giving off some bad vibes.

I ate my apple and sipped at my juice, listening to their conversation about which seniors they thought were the hottest. I nearly choked on my juice when they mentioned how they thought Bob, my brother, was sexy, and asked if I agreed. I just shrugged and said that I hadn’t seen him in school yet, which was technically true.

“Hey Cassie, are you gonna try out for cheerleading with us?” Gracie asked me.

“Erm, I’m not really interested in becoming a cheerleader.” I said. They looked at me like I was crazy. “What?”

“Are you kidding? You’re like really pretty, you should try out!” Janie exclaimed. I didn’t see what me being pretty (yeah right) had to do with being a good cheerleader.

“Nah, but I’ll come with you guys and see you try out.” I said, which seemed to make them happy enough. I glanced to my right to see Damien making his way into the cafeteria, he walked straight to the back and sat at the corner table. I watched on as a few people threw things at him, pointing and laughing. I felt incredibly bad for him; what was wrong with being gay? What if he wasn’t even gay? That would be just awful for him.

I turned back to face the other girls and noticed the table behind them where Bob and his friends from last night were sitting. I managed to catch Bob’s eye and he gave me a small smile, which I returned briefly before returning to Debbie’s conversation. After a long conversation about shoes, we made our way into the hallways. Lunch wasn’t over yet but they wanted to perve on some of the senior guys and they knew where they apparently hung out.

We walked through a few corridors until we reached supposedly who they wanted to perve on, which just had to be my brother’s group of friends. I stood there awkwardly as they all giggled and kept gawping at the guys, especially Bob. I seriously couldn’t fathom what was so ‘sexy’ about my brother, he was just, ew, it was Bob! Then Gerard came strolling up to his friends and the girls went crazy.

“Oh my god, it’s Gerard! Cassie, he’s like seriously the hottest guy in the entire school, and he’s one of the few hot seniors who are single! All the girls fancy him but every time they ask him out he turns them down- Oh god, look, he’s coming this way!” Debbie exclaimed in a hushed voice. I watched as Gerard left the other guys and went to walk past us.

“Hey Gerard.” I called. He turned to me and I gave a small wave, and he winked at me before carrying on walking down the hallway. I turned back to the girls to see them staring at me open mouthed. “What?” I asked, confused once again.

“You know him?!” Debbie exclaimed.

“Uh yeah, what’s the problem?” I asked.

“You can’t just say hi to a hot senior, it’s against the rules!” she said, as if it was obvious. I was starting to get slightly annoyed by Debbie right about now.

“And what rules might these be?” I asked.

“There rules of high school, duh. It’s like the first rule; freshmen and seniors don’t date, like ever!” she said, or more like screamed.

“At what’s this got to do with me saying hi to him?” I questioned.

“Oh come on, its so obvious you like him.” She scoffed.

“No I don’t, he’s just a friend, barely that even.” I said, slightly offended.

“Well whatever, but just remember, even if he did decide to date a freshman, I saw him first, okay?” she said. I nodded and the bell for next class rang. I walked with Debbie and her friends to next class, but I was seriously thinking about avoiding her in the future. She’s such a bitch!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, Damien is Frankie's brother, Frankie just seems like the brotherly type to me :D

comments anyone? they really make my day! :)

xox