Status: Starting slowly..

Party Boy.

No Need.

"He seriously came home at 5:30 and offered you a joint?" Marcy asked completely appalled.
Joanne felt a bit smug. At least Keegan's sister was on her side. They were sharing a cup of coffee with Jordan in her stroller next to the table. Her big blue eyes wandering the dimly lit cafe and gawking at all the different kinds of people that walked in for a latte. Joanne found the curious baby absolutely adorable.

"Seriously, what makes Keegan think that's even remotely cool to even ask?"
"He's never been the brightest, doll." Marcy sighed and turned sideways in her place to start cooing at the little girl.

"It's frustrating! I mean, I gave up my whole social life to take care of her and he hasn't made one sacrifice. He wasn't this selfish when it was just the two of us."
"He isn't father material yet, he needs a quick one-two to get him there."
"How do you think I should go about doing that?"
"I love my brother and all...but I think breaking up is best."
Joanne felt a deep frown engrave in her face, "I can't."
"You have to."
"I'm sure there's another kind of wake up call."
"Now who's the selfish one."

Marcy turned back to face Joanne with her arms crossed, her stare was flat and all business. She was dead serious.

"It's best for Jordan, Jo. You need to set aside your love for him and realize this may just be what he needs."
"But...he might find someone else while we're broken up."
Marcy shook her head confidently, "If there's one thing for sure about Keegan- it's that he loves you more then you'll ever know."

Joanne was still frowning, her eyes casting down to Jordan.
"I don't think I can, Marcy."
"Then I don't know what else to tell you." She stood up and took the stroller along with Jordan in it with a cheeky smile. "I'll take her to a park or something. Get your sexy ass to work."

Joanne shook her head, the comment already lightening her mood. Marcy sure knew how to end a conversation.

But her suggestion weighed on Joanne's heart. This family was already being torn by Keegan's partying. She couldn't possibly take the chance of permanently tearing them a part.

They are engaged after all. Joanne nodded to herself as she power-walked to work. She'd just work this out with him. No need for hearts to break.