Why was I brought up like this?

Surprise

"Hey you must be Billie." The lady at the door said.
"Yes. I am ma'am."
"Well don't just stand out there in the cold. Get your butt in this house." I did what she said and i went inside. "Mike your friend is here. He should be right down."
"I'm not trying to be rude or anything but where's Mike's mother?"
"Don't worry you're not being rude. She's in jail for beating Mike."
"Oh."
"Hey Billie." Mike said coming down stairs.
"hi."
"Have you ate yet Billie?" She asked me. *Food? Real food?* I thought.
"No ma'am I haven't."
"Please. Don't worry about calling my ma'am call me Rachel."
"Yes ma...I mean Rachel."
"Ok. Then I'll make us all something to eat b/c neither Mike or I have eaten yet. Mike take Billie up to your room and get him settled in."
"Ok." I followed Mike up the stairs and into his room. "What happen?"
"After he drug me into the house he yelled at me for talking to you about the abusing thing. Then he took me to the back and made me stripe down to nothing and jump into the creek. The he made me get out and now I'm here."
"Wow."
"Yeah. So what happen here?"
"Well after I left your house a police car drove by and went my house. by the time I got there my mom was being put in a police car. Then I met Rachel and she's going to be my foster mom for a while."
"I wish I had a new parent."
"Just have a teacher see the bruises on you and they'll call you up and they'll give you candy and then you have to tell them what happen before they do though."
"I'll tell them anything for candy."
"So are you going to tell them about your step-dad?"
"I don't know. What if he doesn't get arrested and he ends up killing me? What would i do?"
"Nothing you'd be dead." We start to laugh.
"True. Very true. But for real. What if he tries and doesn't succeed? And he tries again?"
"Then you run as fast as you can and get you ass down here."
"Thanks Mike."
"No problem. Now let's get your bed ready. Why don't I sleep in the bed right there in that room?"
"I don't know my mom told me to put you in here b/c someone else is staying with us too."
"Boys! Dinner's done." Rachel said. Mike and I went downstairs to the kitchen. We got something to eat.
"Thank you Rachel. The dinner was great." I said.
"Thank you very much Billie." Then the door bell rang. Rachel went over and answered it.
"Hello Robert."
"Hey sis what's happening? How's my son?"
"He's fine and so am I. Where's Holly?"
"She's coming." Holly walks up to the door.
"Hi." She says.
"Well hi Holly. I'm Your aunt Rachel." Mike and I were standing in the kitchen listening to all of this and we couldn't believe that we were cousin and that my dad was so mean his mom was so nice.
"Now where is my son I'd like to say good bye before I leave. He never gave me the chance last time I told him he was going to stay with someone and he ran off here."
"Oh he's in the kitchen eatting."
"Eatting! I mean good." Robert walked into the kitchen. "Mike may I speak to my son alone?" Mike left the room. "Why The hell are you eatting. You just come on here and eat?" *I knew he wouldn't hit me at his sisters house.*
"No. She offered me dinner and I took it."
"You son of a bitch." He was about to hit me when Rachel came in.
"What are you doing?"she asked.
"Just giving my sin a hug." he gave me a hug then Rachel and then left. I fell to the ground crying.
"Billie what's wrong?" she asked me coming over and trying to comfort my she hit a spot on my backthat made me flinch. "Turn around." I did what she told me and she lefted up my shirt. "Who did this to you Billie?" Holly walks into the room.
"No one did yesterday Billie was playing by the creek and fell in. He hit his back on a rock." Holly got a drink and left. I started to cry harder. I shook my head.
"That's not the reason is it?" She asked me in a whisper. I nodded my head. "Ok come here with me." I followed here out to he back yard. "Billie I want you to tell me what happened to you and who did it. ok?"
"Ok." I told her the whole story and through the whole thing she was saying you poor thing. After I was done She gasped.