Status: undecided

Red riding hood, come out and play

North is home..

“it’s time love, time to come home so we can play…” darkness, and my breath that all that I can see. And that can be heard, is the echo of the same phases. “Come on Little Red, its time. Time for you to run home. Run home so we can play. You and I miss it there, our home. The warmth, the smell. The foulness of the fake. The glimmer of the scarlet waste.” That laugh, its haunting deep, meaningful, cold laugh.
I start to run, but it’s as if I’m not going anywhere. Not the sounds of my footsteps, not my breathing. Just the echoes.
Waking up breathless isn’t ever the best way to wake up. It’s the sort of thing that scares you, and you’re unsure why. But there is one thing that the voice is right about. It is time, time to go. I have to move on. This happens, and I’m not sure how I know when it’s time for me to go. But I just know that I have to. Maybe it’s the voice, the longer I stay the louder the voice is.
I go check the window, its hours before dawn. Dresses and packing, making sure to only take what I need and nothing more. I pass without sound down the stairs, through the bakery. Out the back door, down the alley. Taking side roads, while feeling as if there are eyes on me the whole time. I want to think back to a time we’re I didn’t have to leave my home. But I cannot allow myself.
Months later…
Dresses and packing, making sure to only take what I need and nothing more. I pass without sound. Out the back door, down the alley. Taking side roads, while feeling as if there are eyes on me the whole time. I want to think back to a time we’re I didn’t have to leave my home. But I cannot allow myself.
Months later…
Dresses and packing, making sure to only take what I need and nothing more. I pass without sound. Out the back door, down the alley. Taking side roads, while feeling as if there are eyes on me the whole time. I want to think back to a time we’re I didn’t have to leave my home. But I cannot allow myself.
Day in day out. It’s become somewhat of a pattern. It’s all I can do and nothing more. I’ve started to hear rumors about a young woman in a red cloak, that wanders from town to town, working here and there. Then disappearing.
So it’s time to disappear completely.
“That’s right Red Riding Hood, come this way. Come home, come back to me.” I stop, the voice. It’s never… “Come back to me…” North, that’s where my feet had directed me. That’s the way home. I can’t keep running. I, I have to go home. I have to make the voice stop, to long has this been going on. 10 years this voice has haunted me. I pull my hood up, and make my way north. My way home.
Unseen and unknown, a smile appears. Its owner, is the owner of the voice. Its owner, is the laugh. Its owner, is the teeth. Its owner, is the wolf whom got his bounty. Its owner, is the killer of the fake Little Red.
So the long awaited trail of; Little Red Riding Hood. Was once again met. The greedy and torturers’; Wolf. Was set in his place yet again. And this time, he would get it right. The little red cloaked girl would be his for the taking, nothing and no one would get in his way.
Walking and walking, through thick and dark forest. Never had she remembered such over growth down this path. Not 10 years ago. Not ever, her parents wouldn’t let the entry path to their estate be like this. It was tacky, her mother would clam. It wasn’t inviting, sought her father.
Maybe, just maybe they had left the estate, possible they sold it. If she had been in their place, one dead child. The other fled. She would have sold it on the spot.
As she grew near, she was starting to see the large, haunting silhouette. It looked scary, and haunting. Never would have that worked for Mr. and Mrs. Newport.
She was half way up the rounded drive when she noticed no trace of any kind. There was no sign of life. As she was drawing near the door, she saw it was almost unopened. As if no had been here for years. So as she got to the door, she knocked twice. Then tried to open the door, but could not.
She tried to look in window, and only found one that the curtain was just barley opened in. what she saw then was enough to make anyone turn and run, never to return.
“Come in, come in Little Red Riding Hood.” “it’s time to play”
♠ ♠ ♠
so three... yep...