I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy

Its just an award show

The Grammy’s was very surreal. Everything happened in a daze of flashing cameras, all I can recall is Tre’s hand on the small of my back ushering me to my seat. I sat between Mike and Tre, constantly fiddling with my dress in an anxious excitement.
It turned to Mike and he shared a small smile with me as the announcer welcomed us to the awards show. Suddenly Mike’s eyes froze at something behind mine. My immediate reaction was to turn around and see what the hell had made him suddenly switch from happy, happy to death stare.
I made to turn when Mike suddenly reached forward and pulled me into a hug,
“Mike wha..?”
“My Chemical Romance are sitting two rows back to your left…”
My heart stopped at those words, I clutched Mike with the same intensity as he was doing me.
“Oh Shit. What do I do Mike? What do I..?”
“Hands off my date.”
Tre suddenly pulled me back away from Mike and Billie looked down our row in disapproval.
“Oi! Will you lot shut up? It’s starting.”
I froze, unable to turn around. Mike tried to whisper something in my ear, but suddenly Brittany shot up in a sulk.
“Right I’m swapping seats; I’m not having you two tittering at each other all night and ignoring me.”
Oh God, Brittany hissy fit. Don’t do this now Britt, not now of all…oh god yes, she and Tre are swapping seats. Pig Fuckers.

I was now on the end. Sandwiched between Tre and some random producer guy, who seemed very nice, but very unaware that his head was far too small to hide me from Gerard.

Image
My breathing increased at the thought of him being in the same vicinity as me. The slightest look left and I would see him. This was killing me.

The show managed to captivate my eyes and distract me from Gerard sitting two rows behind. But it was over too soon and all too soon we were heading for an after party. Luckily for me but quite unluckily for them, My Chemical Romance didn’t win anything; Billie, Tre and Mike were the ones whose asses were in their seats for only five minutes at a time. They literally won every category they were in. Worrying really because they said if they won more than four they were all getting shit faced drunk.

The hotel were the after party was happening wasn’t too far away, I sat next to Tre in our car, following the ones that scooted down the road containing Billie and Mike
“So who’s gonna be at this thing then?”
“The usual crew, My Chem are going, be nice to see those guys again huh?” Tre smiled.
“Er yeah…” I answered, my intestines falling out of my torso and around my ankles.
We came up to the entrance of the hotel too quickly for my liking, and soon enough I found myself standing in a huge room next to Tre with a glass of champagne in my hand.

“So then I said to Jacob, if you want a bloody tattoo you have to wait till your 18 like everyone else.”
I nodded as Adrienne was telling me, Brittany and a random girl, Kelly,about her sons.
Some distant song was playing in the background when suddenly I felt a hand come down on my shoulder. My stomach tensed and I slowly looked up to see the beaming smile of Frank looking down at me.
“If it isn’t Fia Nesser.”
“Frank!” I chuckled standing up embracing him tightly relieved that it was him and not his singer.
“How are you? I hardly recognised you out of jeans or a super girl costume that is…”
I chuckled looking down at my feet and back up at Frank, “Yeah you look pretty different out of your Robin outfit oh and being washed, groomed and tux-ed up. You look good.”
Frank shrugged, “Yeah I know.”
“Fancy another drink?” He asked and I nodded following him to the free bar.
“Yeah, are you going to get a Tre Ferrari Special?”
Frank shuddered, “Don’t remind me that was definitely Tre’s piss that I drank that night.”
I chuckled and thanked him as he handed me my alcohol.
“So, have you been back working at Adeline?”
“Yeah, long hours as normal…but how’s life been in My Chem?” I asked stirring the mixer in my drink.
“It’s been less hectic, kinda weird not being on tour, but we’re in the studio now, hoping to get cracking at another great album. Green Day did well winning all those awards though.”
“They’re a bunch of girls…” I smirked, “…didn’t you buy that brooch in Glasgow?” I nodded towards the skull hanging from Frank’s lapel that had been attracting my attention for a while.
“Yeah…” he nodded, “I love it, I wear it a lot, and it reminds me of good times. I don’t think I’ve ever had that much fun on a tour before you know.”
I smiled into my drink, a sudden pang of hurt issuing from my stomach.
“I…I heard you came as Tre’s date then?” Frank asked, clearly changing topics for an obvious reason.
“Yeah, I was partially forced by my uncle then partially abducted by his best friend.”
“Isn’t that how women were married off in medieval times?” Frank chuckled.
“Probably, but I’m not marrying Tre I don’t think I could cope a week with him…and plus he has had far too many wives.”
Frank snorted.
Suddenly Mikey attacked him from behind with Alicia and Bob in tow.
“Alicia!”
“FIA!”
After swapping hugs and girly giggles we retained our composure and I greeted Mikey and Bob with an embrace each.
“I have gossip Fia” Alicia raised a perfect eyebrow in my direction after Bob released me from his grip.
“Oh Really? Ooo…excuse us guys” I smiled at Frank who shook his head.
I followed Alicia into the corner of a room.
“It’s good to see you” she whispered.
“You too” I smiled back sipping my drink.
“You look really great” she blinked, clearly a little tipsy.
“So do you Licia, that dress is pretty sweet.”
“Adeline” she giggled.
“Oh the one Adi sent to you?” I asked as she nodded a bit emphatically.
“Anyway, gossip” she flapped her hand and inhaled.
“Well, you know Gerard’s girlfriend?”
My heart sank, Alicia had no clue that this next thing she drunkenly said
could heal or beak my heart.
“Not personally but go on.”
“Well, you know she was screwy, phoning him saying she was with other guys and making him keep ridiculous promises like not talking to other girls and stuff?”
“No, but its fascinating go on…” I gasped, not knowing the extent to how ‘screwy’ this girl was and feeling rather guilty at realising how much of a shit she actually was.
“Well, she sent him an envelope and it contained graphic photographs of her with a guy Gerard went to high school with.”
My mouth fell, “What?”
“Yeah I know, she is a fucking mentalist. So naturally, he’s been well upset and decided to go back to his hotel room straight after the show.”
I clutched my chest, “That’s horrible.”
Alicia nodded in disgust, “I know, I never liked her anyway, she is just an absolute bitch.”
“Is he there now? In his room?”
She nodded frantically as Frank came over to us, “He won’t speak to anybody.”
“You girls finished bitching?”
“It’s not bitching Frank its swapping information.” Alicia snapped.
“Yeah you say potato I say…”
I chuckled as Alicia jokingly frowned at him.
“I need to speak to Fia…” Frank sternly whispered to her.
“I am popular tonight” I smiled kissing Alicia’s cheek and waving at her as she wobbled back over to her fiancée.

“So what did she tell you about? Bob’s new girlfriend? Eliza Cuts’ engagement?”
I shook my head, “What do you think?”
Frank swallowed, “That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.”
I looked at the floor, “I don’t want to talk about it…”
“Fia, he liked you a lot okay? I just want you to try and talk some sense into him, he listens to you…After you ranted at him in Balloon Castle…”
“Baldoon”
“Whatever…” He flapped his hand dramatically, “He changed, he made more of an effort, started enjoying himself again and then…”
“Frank…”
“Pleas Fia, I don’t know what he’ll do. I’ve already tried and he told me to go away. He told everyone to go away, those photos just…they just…”
“Frank I don’t think I…”
The guitarist took hold of my arm, “Fia, do you really think that I would be asking you if I truly didn’t believe that it wouldn’t work? Do you?”
I looked up at him like a scalded kid, “No” I pouted.
“Well then, all you have to do is knock on 342 and if he lets you in then…”
I sighed and ran a desperate hand through my hair.
“Frank I don’t want to.”
“Please…”
I stared up at him, his eyes wide and frantic.
“Okay, Okay” I exhaled walking away from the guitarist who smiled at me and patted my back gratefully.

I headed straight for Billie, Mike and Tre who were surrounded by a huge gang of tux-ed laughing men in the corner of the room.
“HERE COMES MY DATE!” Tre yelled drunkenly at me as I blushed past the men to a tirade of wolf whistles.
“Get up there!” One yelled patting Tre on the back. I snarled the man with a raised eyebrow and headed straight for Billie, who obviously didn’t hear that.
“Wanna beer Fia?” Mike asked before him and Tre began to sing…
“Wanna Beer Fia?
Can’t take the rear Fia?
She’s such a dear Fia!...” Billie realized suddenly that I was being humiliated in front of these strangers and happily joined in…

“Don’t you fuckin leer at Fia!
Give us a kiss right here Fia!”
Smacking their asses again I sighed and grabbed a hold of Billie.
“Bill, I’m going to see Gerard okay? I’ll be back shortly.” I whispered into my Uncle’s ear. He was bopping his head to the music playing in the background, bleary eyed and very merry.
“Don’tget into troubs…I’m…I’m” Billie blinked harshly through his drunken state, “I’m wootching yoo”
I smiled at him, “Okay.”
He kissed me sloppily on my cheek before turning to the guy next to him, “I lurve you man…”
I walked away slowly, laughing silently at my Uncle and nodding a glance at Frank as I left the room to the hotel lobby. Walking up the rich carpeted marble stairs I suddenly felt my arm being pulled back.
“Fia”
It was Mike.