I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy

Welcome to the madhouse

“Hey” I beamed down at the three thirteen year old girls standing at the entrance to the backstage door. They are all clutching Green Day signs, supporting Billie Joe Shirts and looking as if they were going to burst from the head downwards.
They looked at me like I was the giver of life, “Hey” the small red haired girl beamed back.
“You guys won that competition on MTV then?” Iasked, already knowing the answer.
They all nodded in unison, literally slobbering at the mouth. I chuckled; Big Chucks squeezed passed the trio and myself in the small corridor, shaking his head in disappointment. Big Chucks was a golden oldie roadie. He believed in Groupies, heavy drinking and rock and roll. He hated anything to do with fans and competitions to meet your idols, as far as he was concerned to get backstage you got in Big Chuck’s backside.
Billie would always laugh when Big Chucks would get drunk and go on a rant like this, he’d shake his head and say that Big Chuck’s heart was in the right place but his mind needed to switch to reality.
I led the three musketeers backstage where the trucks were kept. The girls’ eyes went wide as they followed me nervously towards Tre’s bus were the party was about to begin. My eyes wandered too, desperate to see that guy again, I couldn’t get his face out of my head.
I turned at the foot of the entrance to Tre’s bus.
“Juts wait here a second guys…”
They all squealed and I chuckled prancing up the steps to check if they could come up. I had to do this, as the first time I brought fans to meet Billie Joe and co. they got an eyeful of Tre changing his sweaty ass pants.
Running back to retrieve the girls I stopped in my tracks to see them getting autographs from the face that had been floating through my mind. That guy who was backstage. My heart stopped and my mouth smacked shut, he smiled at me and I suddenly felt like one of the girls waving a pen in his face for an autograph.
“Err, want me to take a picture?” I asked as they nodded and gabbled thanks.
The handsome stranger wrapped his arms around two of the girls whilst one bent down in the middle of them. I took the picture and exchanged a glance at the man.
“Gerard we are meeting Green Day now!” One of the girls beamed at him…
My mind wandered….Gerard….
His mouth widened into a huge smile, “Me too…” he chuckled, “come on then…” he turned and lead the way up to into Tre’s bus where I heard shouts and yells of welcome from outside.
I froze, trying to re-enact his smile in my mind, I had definitely fallen head over heels for this guy and I hadn’t spoke one word to him.

Ushering the girls into the bouncer’s direction so they could be escorted back to their parents, I waved at them as they walked away, still on their Green Day high, arms piled high with merchandise and autographs. I sighed and jumped back onto Tre’s bus. I had been glancing at Gerard every other second as the girls, who were named, Kim, Helen and Sophie, swooned over my uncle and his band mates, Tre hurriedly signed some stuff then disappeared. Obviously up to no good.
I sat down next to Mike who grinned at me, “Wanna beer Fia?”
“Yeah” I nodded, before registering what he said…
“No! Don’t…”
Too late.
“Wanna Beer Fia?
Can’t take the rear Fia?
She’s such a dear Fia!
Don’t you fuckin leer at Fia!
Give us a kiss right here Fia!”

Billie and Mike made a smacking noise and slapped their asses.
I rolled my eyes at their stupid song and turned to Gerard and two other guys who were laughing at them.
“Gerard as you probably gathered this is my niece Fia, Fia, Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance and Phil and Mark…just two randoms.”
I nodded and the two guys chuckled, I knew they were sound guys. I returned Gerard’s smile, feeling his green eyes scanning over my quickly ripening face through his hair.
“Did you see MCR play?” Mike asked me, handing me a beer for real and without the stupid song.
“No Mike unfortunately I was looking for Funky Gunk Hair Gel for his majesty over there” I nodded in Billie’s direction.
“Hey jackass I pay your wages…” Billie snapped before flinging me the bottle opener.
I shook my head.
“You have like a month to see us play anyway” Gerard smirked at me.
“Yeah Fia, just wait till you get sick of us all.” Mike chuckled.
“Why is it awfully quiet? We are on Tre Cool’s bus and it’s quiet, I don’t trust this…”
I scanned the small living area on the bus as Phil, Mark and Gerard chatted amongst themselves.
“What is going on?” I asked Mike who giggled.
“Nothing Fia, you’re just paranoid” Mike smirked, that mischievous glint in his eye that told me that he was lying through his teeth.
“I swear that…”
I was interrupted, as Tre followed by about 90 roadies crashed through the bus, I swear it shook on it’s tyres, as, like in some cheesy film, crates of beer appeared everywhere and a song started playing apparently from nowhere. I cracked out with Mike in a fit of giggles as Tre and Big Chucks tried to de-pant Billie Joe. In a frenzied rush, I thought that this could be a good time to speak with Gerard, searching in the chaos however I was introduced to the other guitarist in My Chemical Romance, Frank. My eyes ran through the bodies scanning for Gerard as Frank chatted to me about how excited he was to be on the tour. Searching in vain I realized that he must have gone.
“Try a Ferrari Fia”
I turned to have a urine coloured drink shoved in my face.
“Tre what the fuck is that?”
“Ferrari” he grinned back.
“Is that your piss?” I asked, eyebrow arching as Frank chuckled at the expression of horror on Tre’s face.
“Nope, it’s Jack Daniels, Red Bull, sugar and Lemonade”
“Are you trying to make me act like a dizzy child?” I shook my head, ushering to him that I wasn’t going to drink it.
“Fia you pussy just get it down your throat.” Tre cackled.
“I don’t trust your drink making skills. It took you three years to make the cheech drinkable.” I turned to Frank, “It blinded you the amount of tequila he would put in there”
Frank burst out laughing.
“Fancy it Frank?” Tre asked like a maniac, wiggling the plastic cup in the guitarist’s confused face.
“Err…”
“Don’t do it Frank.” I warned, severely concerned for this small guy’s safety.
“Come on Frank, your playing with the big boys now” Tre smirked jamming the cup into his hand. I shook my head, ‘big boys’ Tre still had the mental age of a 5 year old.
Frank glanced at me then back to Tre before holding his nose and downing the drink. He licked his teeth and shuddered as it washed down his throat.
Me and Tre watched him like a bomb about to explode.
“Was it good?” Tre smiled at him.
Frank didn’t answer for a while; he stood on the spot squinting his eyes…
“I think…I’m going to hurl” he chocked racing to get out of the bus. Laughing Tre flung his arm around my shoulder.
“Well, little Frank couldn’t handle the heat.”
“Who CAN handle your heat?” I exasperated back at the drummer over the loud crashing music denting the air around us.
"Think he'll be okay?" I asked Tre after the drummer had boasted to Mike and Big Chucks that he made Frank drink "The Ferrari".
"Yeah, he'll be fine." Mike sighed.
"I'm sure Gerard will keep an eye on him...if he ever gets off that damn cell of his" Big Chucks grunted.
Mike shook his head, "That guy needs to socialize more."
I giggled to myself, I would love to get Gerard properly socialized.