I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy

Ice Ice Baby

“Cool gig” Tre smirked looking at Mike who groaned.
“Yeah great”
“Come on Mike, loads of people split their pants while playing”
I turned to Billie and Adi, all stifling a laugh at Mike’s rip in the crotch of his pants that was produced with an over-active power slide across the stage.
“Look, it just means that you were giving it your all” Billie patted his friend on the shoulder.
“Yeah the front row saw it all too” Tre cackled and we all laughed.
“So where to tonight?” Adi asked Billie taking hold of his hand in her own.
“Hotel room 226” Billie grinned
“Hey that’s mine!” Mike shot back, already in a hump about his pants.
“Yeah Mike, were going to get Bob and Frank to sew up your hole.
“With their teeth” Tre cackled prancing down the corridor.
I turned to Adi and Billie, “Poor Mike.”
Adi chuckled before turning to her husband,
“Have you asked Fia yet Billie?”
“Asked me what?” I frowned in confusion as we walked along the corridor to Billie’s hotel room.
Billie sighed, “Oh fuckin hell…”
“What?” I asked getting rather pissed off.
“Adi seems to think that Gerard isn’t doing so good on tour and she wants someone to bully him into joining in the fun. I can’t see why we can’t just ask fucking Frank to bully him I mean they are bestest buds.”
“Because Billie... Frank is used to Gerard's shit...anyway never mind Fia doing it... you should do it.”
Billie sighed, “Adi…I'm rubbish at that stuff plus I pay Fia to do my shitty work.”
“Yeah...oh thanks Bill...you should do it Adi anyway your good at that”I smiled
Billie sniggered and agreed with me, “Yeah 80, you go and console him….” Billie suddenly frowned, “…no wait don’t your not seducing some Goth kid”
Adi laughed.
I frowned then, “Oh so it’s okay to auction your niece off? What kind of Aunt and Uncle are you two?” I snapped as they chuckled, secretly I did not mind a bit if my job was to get Gerard involved.

“HEY BILL! ADI! FI! MIKE’S HOLE HAS GOTTEN BIGGER!”
“TRE GET THE FUCK OFF ME!”
Tre was rolling around on the floor wetting himself,
“GET YA FINGERS IN HERE BILLIE!”
Myself and Adi looked at each other and burst out laughing on seeing her husband and my uncle jet off down the corridor to help his drummer literally rip Mike out of his jeans.

Later on I found myself chatting to Frank about his girlfriend, when Bob comes literally smacking down next to us on the couch.
“Guys you seen Gerard? He isn’t in his room?”
Frank sighed, “He’s being a nob I don’t understand why he can’t just enjoy himself.”
I sipped from my beer, curious to know more, “What’s wrong with him?”
“Long story basically…”
“Fia!”
I groaned, turning to see Billie Joe standing in front of me.
“Do us a favour and go and get some ice.”
“Go yourself Bill.”
He frowned and shook his head, “Oi, get ya ass down in the lobby and get me some ice.”
“There’s a machine just outside…” I began
“Nah, err, Rigger Dan broke it” Bob chuckled. I sighed in exasperation.
“How and Why?”
“He sat on it; Tre said he would give him $50 to prove that there weren’t any polar bears living in it.”
Billie chuckled at my frown, “What? That ridiculous.”
“Come on Fia I want to play pass the ice”
I groaned and put down my beer, “You fucker” I snapped at Billie who chuckled as I left the room.
Jogging down to the lobby I quickly retrieved a tub of ice explaining to the bar staff who it was for.
The guy quickly gave me some cocktail umbrellas to give to Tre, he was obviously a fan.
On my way back up to the rooms I noticed Gerard, talking on his phone in a huge easy chair in the lobby bar. I watched him for a few seconds, sunglasses on, black misfit’s shirt, right leg positioned across the left. He finished his phone conversation and clutched his head like he always seemed to do after a cell call.
I slowly approached him, bucket of ice in arm and two umbrellas placed on top of it.
“Hey” I smiled placing my bucket on the floor.
“Hey” he sighed back.
“You okay Gerard?”
He nodded, failing to look at me.
I brought a chair form behind me and pulled it closer to him.
“Good, err, good show tonight.”
“Yeah it was”
He snapped back, dry and tetchy, I regretted coming over.
“Did you err, hear about Mike’s pants?”
“Yeah”
I was dying on my arse; he wasn’t giving me anything at all. Obviously I was being told to ‘fuck off’ in conversational terms.
“Are you coming up to Mike’s room later?”
Gerard shook his head, “I’ll think I’ll crash”
“Oh…okay.”
I made to reach for the bucket, “I…I better take this ice back up to Billie or he’ll have my head…”
“Fia…I’m sorry”
I turned to see him looking up at me.
“I, err, I’m going through a bit of a rough time recently.”
I nodded.
“Well I have noticed, I don’t think you’ve been to an after party since the tour started.”
He sniggered and took off his sunglasses. “Let’s just say that I’ve promised someone that I will behave.”
I smiled, “You can still come and dance will Tre and Rigger Dan, no harm in that. It’s a rock and roll tour after all.”
“I know, Big Chuck’s has lectured me.” He smiled, his grin producing a similar one underneath my own nose.
“Well then, come on, I could use a hand with this ice.” I chuckled getting up.
“I, err, I’ll give you a hand Fia but I’m gonna pass on the shenanigans.”
“Oh, okay.” I smiled, thoroughly disappointed, I really thought I had him there.
He picked up the bucket and followed me upstairs; I took one of the umbrellas and put it behind his ear.
He laughed.
The first time I heard him laugh; it was a wonderful airy chuckle. We both locked eyes for a minute, before he looked away slightly embarrassed.
“No one can resist a grin at Hawaiian cocktail umbrellas.” I whispered.
He smirked.
“So anyway, who did you make a promise to? Your mom?”
“Well yeah her too, but also…”
Bang, Gerard tripped spilling half the contents of the ice onto the carpet.
“Fuck!” He yelled
“You okay?” I giggled racing over to the heap on the floor.
“Yeah” he laughed, as I grabbed him arm
“You loser” I chuckled, before…BANG! I also ended up on the floor after slipping on an ice cube.
“Sorry what was that? I’m the loser?” Gerard mocked making to get up as I shovelled the ice back into the bucket.
“Yeah fuck off” I giggled. “It’s obviously the shitty carpet in the hotel.”
“My Umbrella stayed in.” He smiled.
“Coz your hair’s so greasy” I teased picking up the bucket as he helped me on my feet.
Gerard smirked, “You fell for me though, greasy hair or not, right on your ass in front of me.”
“Yeah but you fell first.”
“Okay you got me there” he smirked as we continued to walk, nearing the room that was making a ridiculous amount of noise.
“You sure you’re going to pass? Listen to the racket in there, you defo won’t sleep.”
Gerard smirked, “I’ve slept through worse. See you tomorrow Fia.”
“Night” I sighed, watching him turn the corner and walk off to his room.
I smiled to myself, feeling slightly happier that I had made him laugh. Tre had said that Gerard took things too seriously, he was, apparently on the verge of Sonic Youth -seriousness -no fun- music playing. I knew he wasn’t like that; maybe he was shy, after all shyness is nice, but it also can stop you from doing things in life you would like too. Shyness and making promises to mysterious people really make you a party –pooper.

“You need to go closer to the nail Frank you meff…”
“I’ll get it on my skin Alicia!”
I sniggered as Frank was attempted to paint his nails black whilst Alicia and myself watched. I was riding in their bus today, especially since Adi and Billie needed some space. That was code for, “Fia get off our bus while we fuck.”
Great. The nobheads.
“Frank…” Mikey’s girlfriend began
“What?” he asked, biting his tongue in a vain attempt to concentrate.
“We should buy some firecrackers, I hear there’s a store down the road from the venue that sells great ones.” Alicia grinned at me.
“Don’t let Tre find out” I smiled
“He told me” she giggled brushing a hand through her shiny black hair.
“Oh Jesus” I chuckled, “Last time Tre had firecrackers he set Billie, Jason and Ronnie on fire, Mike and Adi were the only sensible ones that took cover”
“I love Tre, despite him making me drink that fuckin Ferrari thing.” Frank shuddered at the memory. “I thought I was gonna hurl over Gerard at the next show.”
“You should of, may have livened him up a bit after the show” Alicia bit her lip in attempt to hold back a snort.
“What’s wrong with him?” I asked taking the nail polish off Frank and starting on my own bitten down fingers.
“He’s being a pussy, a right loser of a bore” Frank sighed.
“He was okay yesterday, we had a laugh getting Billie’s ice.”
“You made him laugh? Christ that would be the first time in a good while” Alicia chuckled. I smiled, how very proud I felt.
“Yeah well, he’s defo partying tonight, if it means tying him to a chair and throwing his cell out of the window” Frank sneered watching Alicia brush her long hair.