I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy

Fill in the gaps

I looked across at Billie who was sitting next to me on the plane to England. He was reading the Johnny Cash Biography, chewing his lip as he turned each page.
Luckily Green Day’s crew flew over on a separate plane to My Chem’s. I don’t think I could have faced Gerard so early in the morning and without a litre of alcohol in my system. Billie picked up on the fact that I was so quiet. My first trip to the UK and I should have been buzzing, but I sat in my seat in a nervous stupor. A continuous thought swept across my mind…If the crew had piled out of that door just a second earlier they would have seen me and Gerard kissing last night.
Billie would not be happy with me, in fact I think he would have sent me on the first plane home for Adi to chop me up into little pieces and serve me to the dog.
“Feeling a bit sick Fia?” Billie asked me, turning to look up from his book.
I nodded, guilt racking through me, unable to speak to him.
“Mike has travel sickness pills, go steal some” He nodded towards the bassist two rows in front of us.
I got up, shakily, pulling myself down the rows of chairs to Mike who was dozing in his seat. I poked him gently in the shoulder and he sat up, squeezing his eyes together before opening them and smiling at me.
“Hey Kid, what’s the problem?” he asked his infectious grin wrapping across his face.
“Not feeling too good, any travel pills?” I asked.
“Sure…” he turned to Ronnie who was dozing next to him.
“Ron. Go sit by Bill for a bit, the kid’s sick.”
Ronnie looked up and sighed, smiling at me before sliding past and waltzing down the plane to sit by Billie Joe.
“Thanks Ronnie” I yelled after him.
I squeezed past Mike’s long knees and collapsed into the seat next to him. He dug out some tablets from his bag and handed me a bottle of water. I took them graciously and sighed, folding myself into his chest, figuring that at least I could sleep with the drowsy pills. After a few moments Mike shifted in his tight black jeans.

“You’re not travel sick are you?” he asked, his voice all knowing.
I shook my head, “No, I am a bit, but that isn’t it.”
“I knew it, I knew there was something wrong with you today Fia, you weren’t yourself this morning.”
I cringed under Mike’s arm.
“Do you want to go home?” he asked.
“NO! NO! God no, I love it here, it’s just, I think…well I have kind of done something wrong…something that Billie can never find out about…”
Mike frowned at me in confusion, “What? Did you rip some clothes of his? Break an eyeliner pencil?”
He chuckled as I sighed, “I wish.”
“Shit what did you do?”
I shook my head, “Never mind I shouldn’t have said anything…”
“Fia you can’t just end it like that, oi! Tell me!” He poked me as he spoke, and I giggled; should I tell Mike? Or should I just make something up? He would tell Billie, he probably could bribe me into doing chores with such useful information…yes…make something up.
“Okay, I had this dream last night that freaked me out”
Mike stayed silent, listening to me.
“…And I kissed someone on the tour…”
“WHO?”
I blushed, “err…Frank.” Liar, I’m such a liar I’m going straight to hell…
Mike raised his eyebrow, “as long as it doesn’t happen in real life then you don’t have anything to worry about.”
I smiled, “I’m lame huh?”
“Nah, you do feel guilty though, I had a dream once that I kissed some random and I woke up feeling all bad on Brittany.”
I smiled, “Thanks Mike”
“No probs”
I wasn’t entirely sure that he believed me, it was a pretty lame lie, a really lame lie as a matter of fact. But there is no such thing as a secret in Green Day’s circle, I know that too well.

“So have you had any sex dreams about me lately Fia?”
I turned to Tre in Green Day’s dressing room in Wembley Stadium.
I glared at Mike who giggled, “No Tre surprisingly I haven’t and it wasn’t a sex dream.”
“You keep your hands off my niece…” Billie shot at Tre, “and you…keep your hands off of my support band” Billie glared at me.
I blushed, if only he knew.
Speak of the devil, at that very second the door opened to reveal Gerard and Frank.
“Hey guys!” Frank smiled at the occupants of the room, all of them turning to look at me and I froze as they grinned back at Frank.
“What?” Frank asked grinning, “Do I have shit on my face?” he asked pointing to his chin.
“Ask Fia to check” Tre cackled in a heap on the floor.
“What?” Frank asked looking confused; Gerard and I shared a glance, my lips turning to a sneaky grin in the corner as the front man scratched his head anxiously.

“Fia dreamt she kissed you last night” Billie chuckled; tracing gelled up hands through his hair. Frank and Gerard both shot a look at me, Frank’s showing amusement, Gerard’s showing utter confusion.
“What can I say?” I sighed standing up and heading for the door, desperate to get out of this situation. “Being around you lot 24-7 does strange things to a person.”
Tre opened his mouth to give a snarky comment but I shot across him…
“I’m getting water for you lot, want anything else? A punch in the face maybe?” I joked opening the door.

“I’ll have a kiss Fia” Frank chuckled as I left the room, deliberately not looking at Gerard as I passed and flipped Frank off.
I walked down the corridor passing a few of the crew on the way, throwing a friendly nod in their direction when,
“FIA!”
I turned to see Gerard jogging down the corridor behind me.
“Hey” I smiled, allowing my hair to shield my face.
“Hey, can, err, can we talk?” he asked.
I nodded, “sure”
Gerard led me outside to his bus; we passed a squad of screaming fans waiting on the other side of the fence to the car park.
Big Chucks came over to us, sheepish grin on his face “Gee, do you have five minutes to see these kids? Some of them have been waiting nearly 7 hours. ”
Gerard looked at me in question.
“Go on, I’ll wait on the bus for you.”
He nodded and walked over to the crowd that suddenly exploded into a frenzy of noise at their hero’s appearance.
Ray was just leaving the bus as I entered it; we exchanged a friendly nod and ‘hello’. He had already set up his makeshift studio to write some new stuff; Ray was ALWAYS on the bus in the day writing.
The My Chem bus was a mess; there were bottles, food and clothes everywhere. Frank’s presents from his birthday night were piled high in a stack in the corner and someone had written “FRANK MOVE YOUR SHIT” On yellow paper and glued it to his Wii box. Surprisingly, they had only been on this bus for about three hours.

I reclined on the comfy seats in the living area and folded my arms, waiting for Gerard to appear.