Sequel: Safe and Sound
Status: Complete

Set Fire to Rain

Gregory Bane

Draco led me to what he called the room of requirement. I personally, had no idea how someone could find this “room”. There was no marking on the wall that showed where it was, nor any indication of any kind. Draco stood in front of it, closing his eyes for a moment as if meditating. In the split second, his face was at peace. When he opened his eyes again, the death eater Draco came back into place.

Looking at the wall, I saw as it began to change and shift into a door. Sometimes magically truly bewildered me. Draco looked at me and smiled, as if he was glad I had been impressed by it. I was, somewhat.
“Bloody hell,” Draco muttered, smacking his palm directly to his forehead. “I forgot the slip of parchment with the spell.”
“I’ll grab it.”

I turned and walked back down the hallway, knowing the exact halls to take back to the common room. I had taken extra care to memorize what pictures were where, although I had to pause, moving my wand light to make sure I was in the right spot.
I was a turn away from the Slytherin common room when I could hear footsteps coming from down one of the halls. I happened to be walking on embroidered carpet, quieting my footsteps. I had no idea who the other set belong to so as quickly as possible I backed up against a wall, raising my wand and whispering, “Nox.”

My light went out and left me in complete darkness. I was not afraid of the dark, for I was not afraid of many things. But this felt much different. My eyes stained to find light, but there was none. Only this never ending blackness that seemed to consume me. Shivers ran up my spine as I fought back bitter memories- the first ones I ever had.

The black consumed me. It was dark, so dark that I could not help but whimper and curl up in the corner they had left me in. they told me I would not have to wait long, that I would have to wait until the group of wizards left. Narcissa and Draco weren’t there. They would have never let them put me in the dungeons, to cower in the dark.

I suddenly though about my family then- the ones I had never met. I wondered if they would make me hide, if my brother would hide with me and tell me it was okay. But Mr. Malfoy told me that my brother was a traitor, and that he was the reason I had a cursed life. He was the reason my scar was there. It was his fault I got hit with the curse too.


The memories faded away as a light came around the corner. I clenched my teeth, looking at the face of Harry, bent over a piece of parchment. He was far away enough that he couldn’t see me, for wands didn’t give off that much light on a simple lumos charm. That’s when Harry looked up.

“I know you’re standing here, Reagan. I can see it on the map,” He said, looking around blindly into the darkness.
My heart paused for a moment before I pushed of the wall lithely wand raised in his face, taking him by surprise. “What map?”
He held it up, and I saw that it said my name in small script. “Tells me where anyone is in the castle. What are you doing past midnight in the castle, with Malfoy?”
Anger bubbled up. “It is none of your business Harry Potter. Now turn around and leave before you regret it.”
He ignored me. “They have you so brain washed, that you would hate your own brother. All I’ve ever wanted was a family, Reagan, and when I thought I had none- you showed up and you changed everything. But you hate me because of them- you’re on the wrong side, You think Voldemort wouldn’t have killed you that night too?”
Don’t say-“

“I don’t care, I’m not scared to say his name. He is a coward and he uses you like a tool. You hating me is part of his whole plan and despite the fact that you think something is my fault, it isn’t. He killed the people who gave birth to you. I am your only family.
“Why do you bother trying to change me, Potter? You only see one side- you’re side. He tried to kill you, the prophecy spoke of a boy, not a girl. Your curse rebounded and hit me.” I turned and pulled my shirt off my shoulder, showing him the scar. “This is all I was left with. Your curse, and now I forever will have my mind-“ I stopped, looking away. I had almost spoke of something I had not even told Draco. “I will always feel the burn around him. Go ahead and try to save the world, Harry Potter. But do not try and save me.” I pointed to my dark mark. “This is who I am.”
I walked away from him and when I felt him move I whipped around, wand out and yelled, “Incarcerous!” Ropes shot out and knocked him backwards, rapping around his neck and pulling tight, choking him. He gripped at the ropes frantically, a light in his eyes that he was sure I was going to kill him. And I had planned to. Moments before, I had seen him suffocate before me, turning blue as the air left his body. But when I looked down and the fear, I nearly choked. I released the curse and as he coughed and choke whispered, “Good bye, Harry Potter.”

*
The incident had left me shaken, and furious. I was beating myself up, not only for not having the guts to kill him, but for almost admitting a torture I couldn’t even tell Draco. The fact that I had hidden from Draco, the images and the pain I would often undergo when Voldemorts anger piqued, when I would have seizures and see images, feel his wrath and his thoughts. It was painful and it was scary that I didn’t have control over my own mind.
That was part of the reason I chose this side. If he was happy, and ruler, he would never have to use me to let out his anger on. Maybe he would take the time to severe the connection, somehow. As long as it wasn’t being used, I would willingly serve him. And as long, as I could keep Draco alive, I would do anything for him.

Anything.

In my rage, I didn’t notice a figure sitting on the couch when I returned to the common room. I saw the movement from the corner of my eye and my death eater instincts kicked in and I threw a curse at the figure who- lucky for him- blocked it with a flourish. I kept my wand raised and then scoffed angrily when I saw the boy from earlier standing in front of me. I also became acutely aware that my dark mark was not covered. I lowered my wand instantly, hoping he wouldn’t notice I hid my arm. He did.

“Wandering around the castle so late?” he asked me, cocking an eyebrow. Even in the dark he was beautiful.
“Who are you?” I demanded, venom dripping into my voice.
“Retract the claws, please.” He gave me a white flag signal. “Gregory Bane. Moved to Slytherin last year from Romania. Used to go to Durmstrang.” The way he said durmstrang made it sound like he was extremely proud.
“Well maybe you should have stayed at, Durmstrang.” I said the word as if I were making fun of it.
“Sharp tongue you got there.”
“Why do you keep talking to me? Seriously.”
“I told you, you’re hard to miss. I didn’t think that talking to someone would be such a crime. But no matter, move along and meet your dear friend.”
I walked away, back towards the common room door and face towards him. “I don’t like you, Bane.”
“Didn’t ask you to, Potter.”

I turned and walked out the common room door but heard his last words. And he knew I heard them to, although I kept walking. I kept walking, because I didn’t know if I had something to worry about, or if I had nothing to worry about. I would have to ask Draco the moment I saw him. It was never good when someone spoke in that tone as an after thought, especially when all they say is, “I saw you’re arm, Potter.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Gregory Bane might pose a threat to Draco . Gregory Bane , is also very famous , in his school , although Reagan doesn't know it . Reagan also , doesn't know , she's going to find out how wrong she is about everything .

PLEASE let me know how you like the story guys . i have no idea if i'm at an okay pace for you guys or if the chapters or too long or short . I write to please you guys <3 thanks .