Sequel: Safe and Sound
Status: Complete

Set Fire to Rain

Brother

*
Draco

It’s been three days since Reagan disappeared. It’s been three days, that I have been sick with worry, plagued with fear, and wrought with regret. I should have never said any of those things to her the night of Slughorn’s party. She had looked so beautiful, like when you see the stars in the night sky for the first time, except it was ten times that. She was perfect in every way possible- and I had yelled at her. I had ruined that.
I have never dared to love someone so much before, I had never opened myself up to feel what I felt for her. And now she was gone, without so much as a word to anyone. The thought that she was hurt or worse- no I could not even think of that without having to destroy something.
I paced back and forth in the boys bathroom, pulling at the strands of my hair. The Dark Lord did not know Reagan was gone, Snape had made that very clear. And it had to stay that way, because if she wasn’t gone on his leave… well he would kill her quicker than he would kill Harry. Reagan knew too much- she always did, and the Dark Lord new that. If he knew she was gone… I would hate to think of the lengths he would go through to find her.
My chest ached, an actual pain. She had to come back. I had to apologize to her. I vowed to myself that I would never speak to her like that again, that I would make sure that I would do what ever I could in order to assure our future together. Even if that meant leaving the Dark Lord’s side, or even if it meant staying by him. I would let Reagan sacrifice my own mother to ensure her survival.
And that was the question I had also been asking myself- was she gone, planning to kill my mother? Reagan would never do it… but that night she was so angry. Had she convinced herself that it didn’t matter any more? I had no idea. I made sure to write to my mother every night, and in the morning there would be a letter in turn, her words bringing relief every time.
I sat leaned against the sink then, letting the sobs come. Without Reagan here, I couldn’t cope, couldn’t function. I had seen the way her brother looked at me in the great hall. He knew as well as I did that I cursed Katie Bell, that she almost died at my hands. And that terrified me, that he was so close to destroying the careful lies I had placed.
I heard a sound, causing me to turn around and my eyes widen to see Potter step into the doorway. Without thinking, I threw a curse at him, diving out of the way. My heart was pounding as he threw curses at me, and I fired back in desperate attempt to harm him. The curses stopped for a moment and I got on the floor quietly, looking under all the stalls. I saw him shift his feet as he went to do the same, and threw a curse at him, pushing myself off the floor and sprinting for a way out.
I never heard the curse Potter used, but it hit me like a train, and the next thing I knew I was lying on the bathroom floor in the puddles of water, pain racking through my body. I closed my eyes and pictured Reagan, praying she would forgive me before I died.
*
Reagan

I ran down the halls. It had only been minutes sense I arrived at Hogwarts. Dumbledore had intercepted my patronus, saying that it was to dangerous for Harry to accept it at the time. I was just happy that Dumbledore had sent a threstral and a letter explaining. The first hour of my return had been wasted in Dumbledore’s office, explaining every single detail of what happened. He seemed extremely troubled by this, but surprised me in the end when he admonished my efforts to become a better person. By his leave, I had to find Harry. My scar was on fire.
I tore through crowds of people who beginning shouting that I was back from where ever I was, but I didn’t care. I ignored the questions, the complaints of my rudeness and bolted into the boys bathroom, not caring whether there was anyone else in there or not.
I had not expected what I found.
The bathroom was destroyed, blown to bits, debris laying in flowing water on the stone floor. Harry stood rigid, looking in front of him and I turned to the sound of soft moaning and my heart stopped in my chest. Funny feeling, when it feels like the breath leaves your body, and as if you’re about to say goodbye to life.
Draco lay on the floor, shallow breaths coming fast. There was a pool of pink slowly forming around him, and blood seeped out of tiny lacerations forming across his skin, staining his shirt. Harry turned to look at me, and the look of surprise crossed his face, but he could not say anything.
I rushed to Draco’s side and fell on my knees, trembling with no inclination as to what I should do.
“Shh, shh,” I whispered. “Draco I’m here, listen to my voice. Dray.”
His eyes fluttered but did not open.
“Somebody help!” I screeched. These were no normal wounds. I could not heal them. “Harry please get help! I’m begging you.”
Harry didn’t move, but he didn’t need to. At that exact moment, someone from a high power heard my pleading, and Snape walked in. His face looked annoyed at first, but his face went white and he instantly came to my side, dropping down on the floor next to Draco. He took his wand out, but before he did anything looked at Harry and said, “Leave.”
Harry gave me one last look before leaving. “Hold his hand, Miss Potter. This might be painful.”
I clutched Draco’s hand tightly and breathed in relief when he squeezed mine in return. I watched as Snape slowly waved his wand over Draco and begin to chant words that I didn’t know. Draco flinched slightly, and groaned in pain, making my heart seize. Ever so slowly the pool of blood began to backtrack and run up Draco’s body and back to where it came from.
“I don’t suppose you want to tell me where you’ve been all this time?” Snape asked me, making sure that all of Draco’s wounds were healed.
“Let’s just say I’ve made a lot of enemies,” I said absently, brushing a strand of hair out of Draco’s face. He seemed to have fainted. “But I do want to thank you for saving him. He means everything to me.”
“I know he does Miss Potter,” he said, looking at me with his dark eyes. “That is why I suggest you think very carefully about each decision that you make. Now I’m going to take him to the hospital wing. You need to take care of other things first, like clearing the rumor that you were off killing people. Go spread some other lie.”
“But I-“
“Mr. Malfoy won’t wake until the morning, I assure you. You have time.”
I found Harry sitting alone in front of the fire in the Gryffindor common room, just where Neville- who looked terrified to see me- had said he would be. He stared at the flames, in a trance. When he saw me come in, he stood up right away rushing over to me, as if he were about to hug me then hesitated. I saw the question in his eyes- he was scared I was never going to talk to him again.
“We have to find a way to save Narcissa,” I said bluntly. “Help me save her. I’m yours to wield. I choose your side, brother.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I KNOW that this is out of order , because Christmas break comes before the attack in the bathroom - I am very away of this . But I need it in this sequence for the story .

Facts :
Narcissa Malfoy one of the best wizards practiced in Occlumancy.
Voldemort is the best wizard at Legitmacy in the world .
This is why he is able to tell when someone lies to him almost immediately .
Narcissa taught Draco and Reagan Occlumancy without anyone else knowing .